X-Plan Pricing + Incentives?

• 3 weeks later...

apparently it is the dealer's discretion to accept the X plan pricing. Our dealer was nice enough to do the math on the taxes and it ended up being a couple hundred $ cheaper to offer us the invoice price + the incentives so we didn't even use the X Plan for purchase, just negotiation power.

Yes, it is 100% voluntary. Ford can't force dealers to accept their pricing.

However - if your dealer had accepted your x plan pin they would have gotten an additional $400 or so from Ford as additional profit for the plan sale. Now ask yourself - why would the dealer turn down a guaranteed $400 additional profit for no reason?

How much did they charge for a documentation fee? Were there other dealer fees/add-ons/options that were added?

Looking for opinions got offered the following today:

$39,4XX for 2011 Edge SEL AWD

(inc x plan)

options:

Leather comfort package

Sync

Driver Entry package

Block heater

Roof Rails

Nav

Tow.

Price is drive away and included $250 doc fee plus GST, and follwing rebates $1000 costco, $1000 custom cash, and $1000 for long term open financeing which I will pay off immediatly.

Havent made a counter offer on price but from what I know xplan is usually little room for negotiations.

This is for a factory order?

Opinions?

Looking for opinions got offered the following today:

$39,4XX for 2011 Edge SEL AWD

(inc x plan)

options:

Leather comfort package

Sync

Driver Entry package

Block heater

Roof Rails

Nav

Tow.

Price is drive away and included $250 doc fee plus GST, and follwing rebates $1000 costco, $1000 custom cash, and $1000 for long term open financeing which I will pay off immediatly.

Havent made a counter offer on price but from what I know xplan is usually little room for negotiations.

This is for a factory order?

Opinions?

I don't think Driver's Entry Package is available on the SEL....

and I definitely paid less on my Limited, so I would negotiate if its an SEL.

Yep I am in Canada we get bent over on pricing.....anyone care to chime in from a Canadian perspective

I made my deal Last Aug when we had employee pricing, Limited FWD with Drivers Entry($1000 for the keyless entry, IA Keys, push Ignition, and power liftgate) ($1850 for the canadian touring which included the power vista moonroof and voice activated NAV) total was slightly under 37000 plus tax. Hope it helps.

M.

I made my deal Last Aug when we had employee pricing, Limited FWD with Drivers Entry($1000 for the keyless entry, IA Keys, push Ignition, and power liftgate) ($1850 for the canadian touring which included the power vista moonroof and voice activated NAV) total was slightly under 37000 plus tax. Hope it helps.

M.

Thankss....tough to compare limited vs SEL but it is AWD....guess it's not too bad.

• 4 years later...

I was going to post a thread with a few questions about using the "X plan" and found this pre-existing thread. My questions are these:

Is this plan still available for Ford stock holders? Is that stock ownership "hold" period still 6 months min. to receive a PIN? I have read conflicting information about how long that the PIN is good for. Is it good for 6 mo. or 12 mo.? Is there now a e-mail address to use to send scanned supporting docs. rather than using fax or snail mail? Have any of you used X plan lately to purchase a new Ford, if so how did that transaction go?

I have not heard of any changes to the plan rules. Pins are still good for 12 months.

I've bought 6 vehicles on X plan and never had a problem. Then again I've only dealt with 2 sales people/dealers. One for the last 5 vehicles. I just tell him what I want and he finds or orders it and we don't have to even discuss price.

I just used X-Plan provided through my employer on my 2015 Edge Sport. Provided them the PIN number, a copy of my health insurance card (has my company name on it). I had to challenge them on an incentive or two that was missing and that paid off. I ended up getting a Sport + 401a package for $38k and change. I'm leasing, and my lease payment is $100 less per month than it was for my 2013 Escape Titanium.

You can order a vehicle but you may only get the incentives in place when the vehicle is delivered. X plan is about $150 over invoice, give or take. But doc fees are limited to $100 and the dealer can't add anything else. You might be able to get a better deal with Costco or other plans, but not by much and you have to take the doc fee into account to be sure.

I just stumbled onto this offer on HSN. Is this X- Plan +? I am not familiar with HSN, so I don't have any idea if there are any strings attached or not. Is there a membership fee to join HSN? The offer looks pretty good on the face of it.

http://community.hsn.com/t5/HSN-Blogs/Go-Further-With-a-Q-amp-A-From-Ford/ba-p/930419

Edited by Chipster