week 8 and still no edge

fuzzbuzz

I ordered a 2011 Limited AWD Sept. 22/10 from a dealer in a small town east of Ottawa Ont. Canada. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to come in. After 4 weeks I inquired about when it will arrive at the dealer. They told me that they didn't know, and it seemed that very few Edge's were arriving at any of the area dealers, I should check back in a couple of weeks. When I checked back the Sales Manager said "there are major production restrictions for Canada and dealerships have virtually no inventory on the ground and very little allocation for Retail orders." He is right! For the past 3 weeks I have been monitoring dealer inventory from Ottawa as far west as Toronto and there are very few Edges on dealer lots. I was very encouraged when I saw the pictures of all the Edges sitting at the Oakville plant that Livio posted. Since Livio's post, there hasn't been any increase in the inventory of the dealers I've been monitoring. Did all those Edge's go to the States? Are they still in Oakville? Livio's poll seems to have stalled also, so I'm curious...where are the Edges!? What and why are there restrictions for Canada?

BTW my 07 Lexus ES350 didn't take this long, and it was built and shipped from Japan!

I ordered a 2011 Limited AWD Sept. 22/10 from a dealer in a small town east of Ottawa Ont. Canada. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to come in. After 4 weeks I inquired about when it will arrive at the dealer. They told me that they didn't know, and it seemed that very few Edge's were arriving at any of the area dealers, I should check back in a couple of weeks. When I checked back the Sales Manager said "there are major production restrictions for Canada and dealerships have virtually no inventory on the ground and very little allocation for Retail orders." He is right! For the past 3 weeks I have been monitoring dealer inventory from Ottawa as far west as Toronto and there are very few Edges on dealer lots. I was very encouraged when I saw the pictures of all the Edges sitting at the Oakville plant that Livio posted. Since Livio's post, there hasn't been any increase in the inventory of the dealers I've been monitoring. Did all those Edge's go to the States? Are they still in Oakville? Livio's poll seems to have stalled also, so I'm curious...where are the Edges!? What and why are there restrictions for Canada?

BTW my 07 Lexus ES350 didn't take this long, and it was built and shipped from Japan!

I'm going on week 17 now for my MKX to British Columbia. Quit complaining! Seriously, this will be the last time I'll do a factory order. The thing has been built for 2 months already, it sat with no updates for over a month after it was produced. I should get it this week (knocks on wood). Needless to say I'm a little concerned about the Ford experience, there is no excuse for this time frame (2 months late from the eta I was originally given). Dealership experience has not been pleasant either. Was a huge fan of the new Ford products and is why I ordered. Bitterness has set in though, hopefully the wait is worth it.

I live in the United States (Louisiana) and ordered my Edge on September 20. Still haven't gotten it. I was told 5-6 weeks. It has shipped, and I am expecting it this week. Hopefully I do get it....

Anyway, I read somewhere else on this forum (don't know how credible it is, but I'll pass it on anyway) that there was a problem found in the production and assembly of the MyFord Touch system, and they had to make a change in the production line. Also, any edges that were previously produced but were not shipped yet were held up so the changes could be made on them as well. My edge was built on October 13th and didn't ship until the 27th, a full two weeks later, so this seems very possible.

So, you're not the only one whose order is taking too long. However, the dealerships in my area do have lots of edges. One has 17, another has 11, and another has 7 Edges currently on their lots.

I ordered an MKX in Windsor, Ont on Sep 30 and it was built Nov 5. I am waiting for it to be shipped. The dealer thinks it may be in this week. I am going to have them do the Sync update prior to me taking delivery. Hope you get yours soon bud. What colour did you get?

I ordered an MKX in Windsor, Ont on Sep 30 and it was built Nov 5. I am waiting for it to be shipped. The dealer thinks it may be in this week. I am going to have them do the Sync update prior to me taking delivery. Hope you get yours soon bud. What colour did you get?

Not sure if directed at me or OP. I think I ended up ordering an Ingot Silver, can't fully remember as it has been quite some time. ;)

I'm going on week 17 now for my MKX to British Columbia. Quit complaining! Seriously, this will be the last time I'll do a factory order. The thing has been built for 2 months already, it sat with no updates for over a month after it was produced. I should get it this week (knocks on wood). Needless to say I'm a little concerned about the Ford experience, there is no excuse for this time frame (2 months late from the eta I was originally given). Dealership experience has not been pleasant either. Was a huge fan of the new Ford products and is why I ordered. Bitterness has set in though, hopefully the wait is worth it.

LOL. OK, I wont complain again....until week 18. Enjoy your Edge!

I live in the United States (Louisiana) and ordered my Edge on September 20. Still haven't gotten it. I was told 5-6 weeks. It has shipped, and I am expecting it this week. Hopefully I do get it....

Anyway, I read somewhere else on this forum (don't know how credible it is, but I'll pass it on anyway) that there was a problem found in the production and assembly of the MyFord Touch system, and they had to make a change in the production line. Also, any edges that were previously produced but were not shipped yet were held up so the changes could be made on them as well. My edge was built on October 13th and didn't ship until the 27th, a full two weeks later, so this seems very possible.

So, you're not the only one whose order is taking too long. However, the dealerships in my area do have lots of edges. One has 17, another has 11, and another has 7 Edges currently on their lots.

So, all the Edges that were sitting in the Oakville plant a couple of weeks ago shipped to the beautiful State of Louisiana! Thanks hunter4814. Good luck with your order.

Mine was ordered on 9/22 (or so). Was built October 11 or 12. Still sitting around waiting for shipment, but I was told that some "dealer installed" stuff, like the cargo protection had caused it to be shipped elsewhere and come back. Still waiting for shipment.

If it doesn't arrive (very) soon, we are just going to renew the BMW warranty, buy new tires, and drive the X3 for 2 more years. I'm thinking I am being squeezed for some last-minute games when it arrives. Would rather move forward, but they have to deliver.

Don't feel bad. Mine was ordered on September 27th and I still don't even have a VIN yet. Oh well, thankfully I am not in a hurry.

For comparison I ordered mine on 9/24, Sport AWD. They loaded up SYNC on 10/18 (I guess that's when it became... ALIVE). The dealer just got it yesterday, 11/9, and I'm going to pick her up on Friday. So that's 6 1/2 weeks to Florida.

I think a lot of the order process has to do with dealer allotments and what's scheduled to be built. Also transit is another factor, as mine was slated for Convoy (as opposed to rail).

I had a VIN within about 3-4 weeks but had to pester them. Keep hope alive!

Cool! If I were you, I'd be tempted to drive over to Oakville and grab it.

Ditto. This whole two weeks in shipment (to Louisiana) thing is driving me crazy... Mine has been at a distribution center three hours away since Monday. It's waiting to be taken off a railcar and put on a convoy. Salesman just said it looks like it'll be next week...but it's only three hours away!!!!! :banghead:

I hope he's wrong...

• Like 1

Ditto. This whole two weeks in shipment (to Louisiana) thing is driving me crazy... Mine has been at a distribution center three hours away since Monday. It's waiting to be taken off a railcar and put on a convoy. Salesman just said it looks like it'll be next week...but it's only three hours away!!!!! :banghead:

I hope he's wrong...

Waiting for one more person to order an Edge in your area. Anyone Anyone??

Just a bit of advice to all awaiting their new 2011 Edges and MKX' ---- be grateful for the wait.

I know that sounds weird, but there are a number of issues (most very minor, a couple very major) with the MyFord Touch system (MyLincoln Touch for you high-faluten' types) and a sync update that fixes most of them is supposedly imminent. Trust us, you'll be much happier without having to deal with the little glitches this update is supposedly going to fix.

KUTNEDG

• Like 1

Wow, I'm glad I didn't order. We thought we would order, then found a White Sport close by. It had more than we wanted in it, and when my Wife told the dealer we'd wait till one arrived without the "extras" he simply crossed off the package prices, looked at her (as if to call her bluff) and said Okay do we have a deal now? We relied YES and signed. Drove it Thursday, talked about it Friday, took it Saturday.

It will be well worth the wait, you'll love it.

Here's hoping that you get your truck real soon.

The wait is pretty agonizing though...perhaps it's best to just let things be and not try to follow it as much.

Convinced my salesman wasn't telling me everything he knew, I called the trucking company (cyberdman told me it was on the truck) and they told me it was delivered today! That was about half an hour after I called my salesman...So I call my salesman back. No answer. I call the main line of the dealership. Receptionist says my salesman left for the day!!! This is like 2:00....

So, I have to wait another day because my salesman decided to give himself an early weekend. I know it's just one day...but it's just sitting there!! :banghead: Definitely won't be getting much sleep tonight... :hyper:

Covered several times in different threads - BUT "It's not an order until Ford accepts it". Ask for the DORA and check the date - that is when Ford acknowleged the order.

A dealership can take an order from you, but Ford won't accept the order until the dealership has allocation. Even then, the dealership can put an order in later than yours (with a higher priority) and push yours back for scheduling.

Comparing delivery timing is only valid if everyone knows what the DORA dates were and the priorities (and if other people's orders got pushed ahead by the dealerships.)

Dealer personnel will often blame Ford for "delays" when in fact the dealerships control the build scheduling (with few exceptions.)