Does anyone have a 2011 Edge that works?

I have a 2011 Edge SEL on order. I have read all the posts and I am starting to get upset. Does anyone have an Edge that works?

Update---Well, I have had my Edge SEL for two weeks (600 miles) and every MFT feature is working perfectly. I don't have navigation (didn't want it) but I tried Sync TDI and I was impressed with the accuracy of the directions as well as how easy it was to speak my destination rather than typing it in on a touch screen (TomTom style). The backup cam works perfectly and I had no problem running Sirius. My only disappointment is that the standard radio doesn't have HD. I wish the product descriptions on the Ford site had described the radios more completely.

Edited by juscruzn

I should add that I have not paired my blackberry or any other phone to it yet. I'm waiting on my employer to enable bluetooth (security issues) on my blackberry so that I can pair it with my edge. Other than not having a phone paired via bluetooth, everything else seems to work ok. I have navigation, it works great. Love how I can say "I'm hungry" and it will come up with a list of nearby restaurants. I also searched for a car wash when I was out of town.

My screen has never gone blank on me, nor is it unreasonably slow.

The only thing that I have noticed so far is that I'm not sure if the heated seats work on the low setting. It hasn't been really cold here yet, so it's hard to tell. They work very well on high. and I thought that they should shut off automatically after fifteen minutes, but they don't.

I have a 2011 Edge SEL on order. I have read all the posts and I am starting to get upset. Does anyone have an Edge that works?

My 2011 Edge works fine, with the exception of Sync, which is totally unreliable. If I had known how buggy Sync was going to be, I would have purchased something else. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a problem laden product.

I have a 2011 Limited AWD that works great. I have an iPhone 3gs paired with it and besides contact photo's not being able to be loaded or read texts to me (both iphone issues) mine works great. Oh and my sirius may or may not work. It doesn't work in Alaska so not sure if the issue is because of that or because of something else.

I have not had had screen issues. It responses to a fairly light touch and within a reasonable speed. My camera hasn't scrolled or stopped working... nothing of what people are having happen.

Oh and I have had it since middle of September and almost 3k miles.

Knocking on lots of wood now.

I have a 2011 Edge SEL AWD and after a month and about 1600km I have no problem. My music works on my iPod Touch and my phone works flawlessly with bluetooth. Sync crashed only once when I was connecting to my home Wifi. Overall very happy with my Edge don't get worried about the negative comments you'll love it.

I have a 2011 Sport and successfully paired iPhone 4. I'm just at 300 miles, and a week into it. The majority of MFT items work fine. I am having some issues with the BT music/audio, but as we all know BT audio stack problems are often on both sides of the hardware, and Apple has notoriously had problems with BT audio on a variety of sources.

Does the MFT occasionally do something weird? Yes. But it sounds like upcoming software updates will begin to address those issues.

Keep hope alive!

Hi

Sport 2011 ..wonderful product. Never had this much fun in a car (...and have had a few nice ones)

Iphone 4 paired since day one ( ..into my 4th week now) never lost a call, always works perfect. Around 400 contacts..

Ipod in usb with around 300 albums... Again, perfect!

Tonite..wanted to pick up pizza on my way and call ahead to have ready for pickup. Got to it by voice in a flash.

Navigation

Restaurants

Dominos pizza...

Map and phone popped up ..and i just hit dial.

Super stuff

Just really love it

Cheers

S

Oh,,by the ways..this thing growls when you shift it up to 5k..nice sound and alot of power. Paddle shifters are really nice, i would not do without them.

I have had Sport Edition for a month now. I am still pretty excited. I must be among these lucky ones since I have no complain whatsoever. Touch interface could be faster but is not so bad... Never had a single incident with mytouch, no sudden reboot, black screen. The back camera gives very bright picture even at night.

I have paired Nexus One from the first day and works very well.

Edge Sport here. Picked it off a dealer lot after delivery, no waiting, and its been great since. I thought my SYNC/MyTouch was acting up and pulled the fuse once but turns out it mightve been me not SYNC/MT.

Im about 400 miles into driving and everything seems great. The only issue ive had is pairing my phone to stream Bluetooth audio. With 6 month of free Sirius radio ill be okay until a patch arrives. Everything else on the truck looks great and works fine. Even played with SYNC services yesterday while driving asking for stock quotes, traffic reports, weather reports, Sports scores. Cool stuff. My buddy equated it to driving his Iphone around. I dont think youll be disappointed, the small issues will get worked out within due time.

One problem with perusing forums like this is that they're mostly populated by those who have an issue/problem/gripe. There's the die-hard fans who just like to talk the product, but you're almost always going to get a negatively skewed bias reading a forum like this. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of Edge owners with no problems that would never even think to come online.

I've been a member here for three years, but hadn't logged in at least two until I picked up the new 2011 Edge and noticed all the issues.

I've had mine 13 days, under 300 miles on it.

I have not had had screen issues. It responses to a fairly light touch and within a reasonable speed.

That's another issue with mine I haven't posted yet. Really have to press hard on my touchscreen from time to time to get it to register a touch, sometimes so hard I can see and feel the panel bending with the pressure.

Sync crashed only once when I was connecting to my home Wifi.

Would you be so kind as to jump over this thread, inspired by your quote above, and comment? Thanks.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6039-whats-the-point-of-the-wifi-connection/page__view__findpost__p__47655

About 2000 miles in 6 weeks on an SEL

2 times a problem with Blackberry where I try to end the call and it doesn't end, somehow goes into privacy mode. I have to turn the phone off. Other than that, no problem with phone. It pairs and does calls fine.

iPod touch very brief multiple skips in songs, but from what I understand, that will be corrected in the next iPod software release within a month I believe.

Navigation works fine.

4 times when I have hit the volume up/down switch on the steering wheel, it acts as if I am holding the switch and volume ramps up or down. I have to correct it with the knob under the screen. I have read in this forum at least one other person having the same problem.

I have also noticed sometimes sync takes about a minute after startup to work.

Sirius Travel Link fine, heated seats fine.

Just some slightly annoying, very intermittent problems. I am going to try to video record the problems when they happen so I can take it to the dealer one time for them to address them and give time for Ford to look at Sync and MFT problems.

Overall love the car. Power, mileage and comfort are great, just what I feel are minor problems from a new product that will get resolved.

Two and a half weeks and almost 800 miles. No problems.

Took me a while to learn what Sync needed me to say to get what I wanted. She hasn't yelled at me since the first week. Now that I know what to say, I always get what I want.

I've never even set off the hazards. My passengers have a couple of times, but I haven't. I think it's because I don't rest my hand anywhere. I poke the screen and pull my hand back. I think it also helps with responsiveness. It doesn't get overwhelmed with multiple screen presses because I'm going too fast. Not that it's horribly slow, but it's not Speedy Gonzales either. I'm actually very impatient with slow computers and I haven't been bugged.

I've streamed from an iPhone over bluetooth, used a USB hard drive, used the RCA jacks, used Sirius Replay and Alerts. No problems. (Replay and Alerts were something I was thrilled to get in an in car unit)

Both Sirius Travel Link & Traffic work fine for me. I can't get movie times, but that's because it doesn't have them for my city, not that it's not connecting.

The Sync Services that I've used worked fine. I've sent addresses and it receives them and sends the address to my Nav just as it should. I don't care about horoscopes or sports scores so I haven't tried them. Vehicle Health Report worked fine. Used touch screen and voice commands to use Nav without problem My definition of 'Nearby' isn't the same as my Nav's, but I'll work around that.

I've read posts saying that the people who haven't had problems just aren't trying to access everything. I've accessed every menu option both on the center touch screen and the left hand MyFord screen and picked every option to be just how I want it. I've tested everything I wanted to use regularly and played with things I won't use regularly. I'm a gadget lover which is why I waited to get the 2011. I'm not saying they aren't having problems, but fully using it isn't the problem.

In the next week, I'll be putting another 500 to 600 miles on my new baby over three separate trips. Going to Burbank to the Walt Disney Studios for an early screening of Tangled, then to relative's house for Thanksgiving, and a trip to the LA Auto Show. I keep looking for places to go so I can be out on the road.

There's no better recommendation than that.

Edited by tonyabionda

Just passed 1000 miles on my Ltd. The only issue I've run into was yesterday when I tried to navigate to a previous destination.....it sat on computing route (in my right 4" LCD screen) all the way home and continued to "compute the route" today.

The issues you might've noticed are software related for the most part. Though they can be annoying, they don't affect everyone and will be addressed in a software update; hopefully sooner rather than later.

I turned in a beautiful 2008 BMW 335i for this car and have no regrets.

Update: I was able to work around the permanent "computing route" hang up by using voice commands to request a different destination, canceling the first one. Using the touch screen wouldn't cancel the route calculating and telling Sync to cancel current route didn't work either.

Edited by SonomaDriver

No major issues for me as well, yeah it is sort of annoying that with an iPhone it doesn't support all features but that isn't Ford's issue (Apple doesn't support all needed Bluetooth Profiles), I knew this when I test drove it and paired it.

One thing that I think is really slick is that even though I don't have Navigation, you can go to sync my ride and add in Addresses and call them up from SYNC services for directions, you don't have a map on the screen so you have to rely on the fact that it knows where it is going, and I would always at least check a map online to be sure you have a general idea of where to go. Also a really nice feature is if you are in Google Maps on your PC, and the little A that comes up in the Bubble there, you can click on it, and then click More and then Click on Send To - Car. SYNC is there, and you put in your Phone Number, once you jump in the car and connect to Services - it will tell you, it has a saved point for you and ask if you want directions there. And the nice thing is, you could set it up, but not call into Services until you need to use it, and it is there.

Oh yeah and I am getting 24.7 MPG (Calculating after every fill up) so far with 2975 Miles on it. That is great coming from about 18 on my Pathfinder.

We picked up our 2011 AWD limited a couple of weeks ago. All is good. Just one issue. The system failed to recognize one IA Key for a short period of time. Not sure if there is a timeout following a crossed signal from the key. After retrieving the second key from inside the house, my wife was able to start and drive the car. I tried the first key again 30 minutes after it had failed to work for her and it functioned normally. Has anyone else had such an issue?

My gut instinct is that the signal from the first key got scrambled (unknown how) and the MyTouch system is programmed to resist hacking, enters a reset mode which requires a timeout time limit, after which the system is ready to accept a "matched" signal again. If anyone knows or has other than a gut instinct about this, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Otherwise, I have not had any issues with the MyTouch system whatsoever. Even the once "unrecognized IA key is again working. I paired two phones, a primary (my wife's LG) and my Blackberry Storm, an iPodTouch, we have been able to lock-in seat and mirror settings, remote start the engine (lock button followed by engine start button twice), set radio stations, navigation favorites via touch screen as well as voice command, make calls using voice commands, etc. We really like the vehicle. I drive a BMW 335i coupe from work and have a 2010 Mustang convertible for fun. Ford is making tremendous strides in vehicle quality and enjoyment. We are very impressed with the Edge's refinements and smooth ride, and the Mustang is well, what can I say other than awesome.

I got the 2011 edge sport last week. All works fine except I cant get my phone to stay connected! after 3-4 minutes it disconnects. Im going crazy with this. I guess ill wait for ford to get an update for the sync. Im a little upset because it is an expensive car and should be working 100% espescially when new!

Ill give Ford a chance to fix this...Unless someone here has a tip or trick?

I got the 2011 edge sport last week. All works fine except I cant get my phone to stay connected! after 3-4 minutes it disconnects. Im going crazy with this. I guess ill wait for ford to get an update for the sync. Im a little upset because it is an expensive car and should be working 100% espescially when new!

Have you tried updating the phone's firmware?

There are obviously issues with the MyFordTouch....

But not every phone works well with advanced BlueTooth systems. Heck, some even have trouble with simple BlueTooth headsets, let alone advanced syncing. Which is why some of the more advanced smart phones update their firmware every now and then.

I'm not saying your problem is the phone, but it's a chance. Can ask a friend or co-worker with a different model phone (with BlueTooth) to give it a shot?

There are obviously issues with the MyFordTouch....

But not every phone works well with advanced BlueTooth systems. Heck, some even have trouble with simple BlueTooth headsets, let alone advanced syncing. Which is why some of the more advanced smart phones update their firmware every now and then.

I'm not saying your problem is the phone, but it's a chance. Can ask a friend or co-worker with a different model phone (with BlueTooth) to give it a shot?

I'm an iPhone 4 user and was frustrated with the BT Audio. Were my issues because of the iPhone? Many Sync fanboys would say Yes.

I test drove a MicroSoft Phone 7 device the past few days. A Microsoft phone should work with Microsoft Sync...right?

I was happy to see that Audible SMS and contact photos worked.

Syncing to BT Audio worked a couple of times then it just flat out quit working. Pulling fuse 29 & factory resets were no help.

Now I'm back to my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 and it has been working with BT Audio great now.

I'm pretty comfortable saying that Sync is the root of all the problems. Not the phones. If Sync has an issue with a phone, it should have error handling to deal with it.

I'm an iPhone 4 user and was frustrated with the BT Audio. Were my issues because of the iPhone? Many Sync fanboys would say Yes.

I test drove a MicroSoft Phone 7 device the past few days. A Microsoft phone should work with Microsoft Sync...right?

I was happy to see that Audible SMS and contact photos worked.

Syncing to BT Audio worked a couple of times then it just flat out quit working. Pulling fuse 29 & factory resets were no help.

Now I'm back to my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 and it has been working with BT Audio great now.

I'm pretty comfortable saying that Sync is the root of all the problems. Not the phones. If Sync has an issue with a phone, it should have error handling to deal with it.

So it didn't work with iPhone old OS or Windows phone 7 but it DOES work with iPhone OS 4.2.1? Troubleshooting 101 says if it works with one phone but not the others then it's a phone problem. Not saying there isn't also a sync problem but your evidence doesn't support that theory.

So it didn't work with iPhone old OS or Windows phone 7 but it DOES work with iPhone OS 4.2.1? Troubleshooting 101 says if it works with one phone but not the others then it's a phone problem. Not saying there isn't also a sync problem but your evidence doesn't support that theory.

iPhone 4.2.1 helped. Touch still needs help.

i still have to hit the Touch screen several times to get the BT Audio connection to work with the iPhone.

I'm not saying phones are perfecet and Ford needs to program to each one.

I'm saying that Ford needs to handle the unexpected errors that cause it to go Fuse 29 brain dead.

Step away from the ford kool-aid

Edited by wilsons66604

I'm saying that Ford needs to handle the unexpected errors that cause it to go Fuse 29 brain dead.

Step away from the ford kool-aid

I agree with that but that's not what you said.

No kool-aid here. I understand Ford screwed up and have said so many times. But that's no reason to exaggerate the consequences or causes.

If one phone supports contact photos (which you confirmed) but others don't then that's a phone problem. If one phone works and others don't then that also points to a phone problem not a sync problem. Anything that causes the system to lock up is a MFT problem.

So far so good after one week and 300 miles. I have not seen any of the serious issues talked about yet. Mostly just getting used to MFT. It does some things differently from the first gen. My biggest problem yet is trying to get out of the dog house because the wife is still mad at me for trading in the 2008. She wanted me to keep it for her and get rid of her X#IXCX blankety blank Camry.