New Edge owner! I call BS

Jamie Stross

Okay so hey everyone, I ordered a 2011 Ford Edge Sport back mid October, and I was told it was being built on the 15th and delivered the week of the 29th. If I can track a $2.00 package right to my house, why is it so difficult for a dealership to track a $100-200k load coming to their dealership? I keep asking about it and they say no word yet.

So is this a load of crap or do dealers not know til they arrive?

Also, anyone else have pictures of the headlight/tail light tint in the white sport? I just saw a few pictures, thinking of doing this.

Relax. I ordered mine Sept 29th.....the VIN was generated on November the 3rd. (This is a confirmation that the vehicle was built). I've waited until TODAY to finally get the call from the dealer that it was finally delivered to them. Sooo, for almost a month it has been on hold in Fords lot waiting for some of the SYNC issues to be rectified. My sales rep said that he was watching the production schedule and after the car was built he watched it going into storage....then come out and get a SYNC update....then go back to storage......then get another update.....and so on. All you have to do is surf some of the threads on this site to know that those who have early production models have had their headaches. It was confirmed that I have rec'd the latest versions of the software and I'm happy to have waited to receive it. (I'm sure it's not perfect, but I'm confident it's miles ahead of the previous software updates.) Yours will be ready soon.......remember relax WOOOOOOOSSSSAAAAAA

Relax. I ordered mine Sept 29th.....the VIN was generated on November the 3rd. (This is a confirmation that the vehicle was built). I've waited until TODAY to finally get the call from the dealer that it was finally delivered to them. Sooo, for almost a month it has been on hold in Fords lot waiting for some of the SYNC issues to be rectified. My sales rep said that he was watching the production schedule and after the car was built he watched it going into storage....then come out and get a SYNC update....then go back to storage......then get another update.....and so on. All you have to do is surf some of the threads on this site to know that those who have early production models have had their headaches. It was confirmed that I have rec'd the latest versions of the software and I'm happy to have waited to receive it. (I'm sure it's not perfect, but I'm confident it's miles ahead of the previous software updates.) Yours will be ready soon.......remember relax WOOOOOOOSSSSAAAAAA

Ā 

Ā 

Your VIN is generated well before the build date.

To the OP -> Be patient. read my thread on my issues, which are getting worse: IA keys not working

These cars have many issues that havent been resolved so hopefully by the time you get yours, they will have been. And once you do get yours, before driving it off the lot, make sure your keys work. If they don't, then don't accept it as you'll have a mountain of headaches coming.

keys as in the pop out key or the perimeter thing?

Ā 

nm i just read your post. sorry to hear that. i guess with all these first batches they have problems anyway, so i guess ill consider myself half lucky? lol i expect there to be problems with it or someone hijacked the truck or it flipped off a cliff in transport here so i expect the worst :P

Edited by _11680

Okay so hey everyone, I ordered a 2011 Ford Edge Sport back mid October, and I was told it was being built on the 15th and delivered the week of the 29th. If I can track a $2.00 package right to my house, why is it so difficult for a dealership to track a $100-200k load coming to their dealership? I keep asking about it and they say no word yet.

So is this a load of crap or do dealers not know til they arrive?

Also, anyone else have pictures of the headlight/tail light tint in the white sport? I just saw a few pictures, thinking of doing this.

Ā 

I orderd my sport on June 10th. It was built on july 13th. after all the updates...so i am told finally delivered on october 20th...go figure. it has been worth the wait in my opinion. i had a 2010 edge ltd, this baby runs circles around the previous model in regards to fit/finish, braking, handling as well as road noise. I know i have the sport with a beefed up suspension, but i know that they also beefed up all 2011 models including the brakes which were way too soft and really didn't "grab" the car when applied.

Ā 

I think it will be worth the wait. I have had the vehicle for a little over 2 months and have 6200 miles on it. Still learn something new regarding the nav/sync system everyday....just takes time

I orderd my sport on June 10th. It was built on july 13th. after all the updates...so i am told finally delivered on october 20th...go figure. it has been worth the wait in my opinion. i had a 2010 edge ltd, this baby runs circles around the previous model in regards to fit/finish, braking, handling as well as road noise. I know i have the sport with a beefed up suspension, but i know that they also beefed up all 2011 models including the brakes which were way too soft and really didn't "grab" the car when applied.

Ā 

I think it will be worth the wait. I have had the vehicle for a little over 2 months and have 6200 miles on it. Still learn something new regarding the nav/sync system everyday....just takes time

Ā 

I purchased my 2011 Edge Sport AWD on November 13 (fully loaded except for the door sill lighting), and other than my initial issue with the seat, the myFord Touch/Sync system is working great!! I'm very happy with my purchase!! :)

Edited by Ridbidge
  • Like 1

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

Ā 

You are absolutely right. We should fight this Ford SYNC Scam together. Ford is selling knowingly a faulty product. My vehicle is at the dealership for repair now for 4 weeks!!!! They are waiting for a software upgrade! I drove this brand new Ford only for 3 weeks.

You are absolutely right. We should fight this Ford SYNC Scam together. Ford is selling knowingly a faulty product. My vehicle is at the dealership for repair now for 4 weeks!!!! They are waiting for a software upgrade! I drove this brand new Ford only for 3 weeks.

Ā 

At least you got 3 weeks out of it. I never got one day. And i've been trying to have mine fixed now for 6weeks. Absolute b/s! I wanna get the press involved and bring some bad attention to these guys so they start doing something to the customers they are screwing over.

How many times do you have to post this in different threads. We get the point...your not happy with your situation. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm a little late at posting but i got her. Love it.

The mytouch is pretty slow though and i cant figure out where to put that rubber tray i got in the console lol, can someone help?

and is ford ever going to make an update for sync that runs a bit better? as well as text support for the iphone of all phones.

Ā 

The Rubbery tray thing goes under where the gear shifter is. Basically a spot under the center stack to store stuff.. but I can't really see a use for it..