Who likes their Edge Sport?

sn3245

Well I like mine :yup: I have a 2011 sport and I have noticed no issues with my MFT or sync systems yet. I also have it bluetoothed to my motorola atrix 4G phone and everything works except the contact photos. The system will even read my text messages to me. I dont seem to have any of the issues i have read about on here though. My version is 2.4 btw. :shift:

I have white sport edge 2011. It has been 6 moth and still I have a plenty of fun anytime I need to drive. I have had absolutely no problem with mytouch system, and I am still on 1.8. One complain is obviously that is not as fast as I'd like but still doable.

Hopefully the speed improve once I will get updated to 2.8. I have scheduled a maintenance in couple of days.

Edited by darkmar

I very much like the Ford Edge. The only problem I've had is with the clock/gps sync. It shows the wrong time zone. But it operates perfect manually. (By turning off the gps/clock sync) so not a big deal. Ford is looking for a fix for that problem. I have the 2011 Edge Limited with 2.7 update.

I love my 2011 Edge sport AWD so far. Its only been a week and the only problems i have had so far is that 2 numbers on my old blackberry 9530 (storm) wont transfer. It transfers the name,phone,facebook info and birthdate but not the number. Also HD radio sometimes studders and has volume fluctuations... but this is my first HD radio so for all i know that may be common. Other than those few MFT issues its been AWSOME! I love the power and ride to no end.

Edited by Fingernip

I love mine (purchased 12/2010) and have no issues with MFT. I am still on 1.8 too. I should look into updating. Isn't that something we can do ourselves? I will go look around :)

But back to the car itself. It's fabulous, comfortable and I have NO complaints!! <3 it!

Love it so far, I made some improvements, see my sig.... the only problem I had was the nav system cut out once, I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and it's been fine ever since. I think the cars have so many computers and electronics, it's probably a Good idea to re boot your car a couple times a year, oh and I did not loose my stations or seat memory either, which I expected, but didn't happen. I have 2.4 ver BTW... I get a lot of looks and compliments in this vehicle! Bought it on new years eve....

I'll say it. I don't like my Ford Edge Sport. I love it! Sure, I've had MFT issues. Do I love my Edge any less? nope! Would I buy it all over again? Absolutely, in a second. I've enjoyed driving this Edge more than any other SUV I've owned or driven period. I like our 2011 Explorer, but I love my Edge. It's probably not for everyone, that's okay, me though... I wouldn't want anything else.

UPDATE:

I'm rapidly approaching my 1st anniversary of having my Sport. All in all the Car-mance has yet to end. Sure, we still have our differences. I ask MFT to dial someone and she dials someone else, but were working out our problems with each visit to the Dealer, they're like therapy sessions. Aside from an unfortunate instance where a friend curbed my driverside front wheel, I've had terrific luck with this vehicle. Almost a year and I find myself still sneaking peaks at it over my shoulder, or across a parking lot. My wife still thinks I'm crazy and i'd say at times she's a little jealous of the attention I give my ride. (This got much better once I got her a new Explorer to call her own).

If anyone is on the fence, I would buy this vehicle all over again.

Edited by Edgieguy

I see a lot of complaints about the 2011 Edge Sport on here, so I'm wondering if there is ANYONE out there who likes theirs. Is there anyone who hasn't had problems with the MFT? Is the fix for it pretty easy, or is it a big problem? Thanks!

Been driving mine for about 4 days and I just love it! I have a check list things to look for but so far experienced none of the problems other member have had. Have gen2.8 MFT and although there is a small amount of lag in the system, all seems to be working fine for me. I do have to take into account that I went from a 2002 GMC envoy with 267,000 miles to this new truck so things were a bit different back then. I'll keep the group posted if and/or when I start to experience some issues! (knock on wood)!!

Damon

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Edge Sport for the drive, but I'm encountering a different glitch each time I drive it lately (5 months old). I know it's usually the MFT that's the issue (have v2.4), but I've also had the cruise control not work once, both keys not start the car to the point where the alarm sounded and other issues yet to be resolved at the next update (too many to mention). I do not like the Navi which is worse than my 7 year old Expedition's navi and my $150 Garmin!

If I try to ignore these things, it actually drives similar to (not exactly of course) to the BMW I used to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD since May 9, 2011 & 1,400KM to date

Except for the mishap with the undercoating by the dealer, my Edge has been awesome.

I Love it. :wub:

2011FordEdgeSportTMB006.jpg

I'm over my Roush Mustang.( Mostly)-(Sunny days are a little tough still, not sure I will ever get over the sound of the supercharger) :peelout:

Edge came installed with version 2.8 MFT from factory

It has been perfect - None of the issue's that have been mentioned on this site.

That hazard button location has bit me a couple of times, i need to remember not to rest my hand on the lower edge of the panel.

Connected to an iPhone 4 , everything available is working flawlessly - Pairing, contacts, Bluetooth, music, voice dialling

no misaligned panels, no rust in doors, no squeaks an all-around solid ride

Overall :D

Edited by tmbubell

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Long time and messages from me. Hello to those still around from the first days of 2011 ordering.

I have almost 12k miles on my 2011 Edge Sport. Not 1 issue yet mechanically. The MFT is still not updated and the version is ummm... ORIGINAL. No problems though I have one of the first few shipments out of the factory when they actually started shipping. With almost 12k miles on the car, I can say it still feels very new and responsive. It is definitely no 450+ horsepower vehicle it is quick for its get up and go. A friend has a new Explorer and it feels slower and heavier. My tire wear is ok (I drive mostly highway 2.2 hours a day). I have to go in for another oil change and consider the software updates every time I think about it.

Still get compliments on wheels and tires.

Hi all,

My Black 2011 Edge Sport AWD is more than I expected. Very comfortable, decent gas mileage (do you folks in Canada say "kilometerage"), plenty of power. I have had no problem with MFT, although I have hit the emergency flasher on occasion. In the first few miles I noticed a problem when I tried the manual setting on the transmission. It would upshift on its own, down shift on its own and seemed to get stuck periodically. After that first experience, I just use the paddles when in drive and all seems okay. I will ask the dealer when I get it serviced. Other than that, I LIKE IT. :bandance: