Waht sunshade to get?

• 2 weeks later...

how do you like the shade?,

I have the same one - been using it for about a month now. Works just fine and it's easy to put up and take down.

Just two downsides:

1. It takes a few more seconds to roll up than it takes to fold a foldable style shade

2. It's so big, when I take it down, I have to bring it out of the car to roll it up

Neither of these are a big deal to me, and if it happens to be raining when I get back to my car, I could roll it up while in the car - it's just a lot easier doing it outside.

I have the same one - been using it for about a month now. Works just fine and it's easy to put up and take down.

Just two downsides:

1. It takes a few more seconds to roll up than it takes to fold a foldable style shade

2. It's so big, when I take it down, I have to bring it out of the car to roll it up

Neither of these are a big deal to me, and if it happens to be raining when I get back to my car, I could roll it up while in the car - it's just a lot easier doing it outside.

Where do you stow it while driving?

I bit the bullet and ordered this one:

http://www.autoanyth...0A5833A0A0.aspx

$59.95 shipped.

It's pricey for a sunshade but worth it, if it lives to the claims. I'll report my findings in about a week.

Got my sunshade and it rocks!

I'm going to put up a review about it soon. Until then, here's a shot:

Intro-Tech%20Sunshade%20-%20Outside.jpg

• Like 1

cal3thousand

Your new sunshade looks good. How rigid is it? Like thick cardboard or soft and flimsy like the standard sunshades that you buy at Wal-Mart or an auto supply store? Is it wide enough to prevent any sunshine coming around the sides?

Thanks.

cal3thousand

Your new sunshade looks good. How rigid is it? Like thick cardboard or soft and flimsy like the standard sunshades that you buy at Wal-Mart or an auto supply store? Is it wide enough to prevent any sunshine coming around the sides?

Thanks.

I'll go over all of that in my review. But to answer you directly, Its very rigid. When folded, it's like a stack of hard cardboard. The sides have the smallest gap, nearly negligible. There is an opening where the mirror mounts that is fairly large... but I don't mind it.

I'll go over all of that in my review. But to answer you directly, Its very rigid. When folded, it's like a stack of hard cardboard. The sides have the smallest gap, nearly negligible. There is an opening where the mirror mounts that is fairly large... but I don't mind it.

Looking forward to reading your review!! I need to order one as well but will hold off until your review!

Edited by hughes

cal3thousand

I look forward to your review. This looks close to the UVS100 sunshade that I ordered for the wife's 2011 Ford Fusion listed below.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/lookup.asp?se=uv_heatshields

I love how rigid it is with a custom fit, but is has a slight gap on both sides. If the shade for just 1 inch wider it would be a perfect fit.

cal3thousand

I look forward to your review. This looks close to the UVS100 sunshade that I ordered for the wife's 2011 Ford Fusion listed below.

http://www.carcoverw...=uv_heatshields

I love how rigid it is with a custom fit, but is has a slight gap on both sides. If the shade for just 1 inch wider it would be a perfect fit.

My Review is UP!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/7780-intro-tech-ultimate-sunshade-review/

HEATSHEILD, just realized its the same company that made the one for my Honda S2000, That was a impulse buy from Honda Stealership for $50. 6 Years and still works great perfect fit even tight around the Rear view mirror. $34 sold

Just two downsides:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the Cover Craft UVS100. It's very sturdy, thick and easy to use. There is allot of windshield on the Edge and I was so glad to finally get it. We have been battling more than 60 (almost consecutive) of well over 100 degree heat and now that I have the shade I am so happy! It fills the windshield area nicely. I have the Edge logo added and it ran me $42. Waited about 3 weeks to get it. A long wait in this heat. There is a huge difference in the interior heat when I get in the car now. I can actually touch the steering wheel and don't jump from a burning seat!!! A little sun gets through the cut out for the rear view mirror but not too much. It has a reflective fabric outer surface and felt fabric interior surface. The foam board is thick and provides good insulation. The edges are stiched with quality. It's acordian style, not roll up which I like. Does not sag. I can put it up and take it down with ease sitting right in my seat. I store in on the floor behind me or in the cargo area. All in all, I am pleased and even though it is more expensive than others, I've spent more buying replacements of cheap sunshades.

post-17436-0-39568100-1314386817_thumb.jpg

I got the Cover Craft UVS100. It's very sturdy, thick and easy to use. There is allot of windshield on the Edge and I was so glad to finally get it. We have been battling more than 60 (almost consecutive) of well over 100 degree heat and now that I have the shade I am so happy! It fills the windshield area nicely. I have the Edge logo added and it ran me $42. Waited about 3 weeks to get it. A long wait in this heat. There is a huge difference in the interior heat when I get in the car now. I can actually touch the steering wheel and don't jump from a burning seat!!! A little sun gets through the cut out for the rear view mirror but not too much. It has a reflective fabric outer surface and felt fabric interior surface. The foam board is thick and provides good insulation. The edges are stiched with quality. It's acordian style, not roll up which I like. Does not sag. I can put it up and take it down with ease sitting right in my seat. I store in on the floor behind me or in the cargo area. All in all, I am pleased and even though it is more expensive than others, I've spent more buying replacements of cheap sunshades.

post-17436-0-39568100-1314386817_thumb.jpg

That's a nice one! Kinda like mine

Even with a sunshade in place over the windshield and leaving the windows cracked open, my light-colored leather interior in my 2011 Edge seems to stay hotter than my dark-colored leather interior on my other vehicles, and they have very large windshields as well.

I suppose the temperature is affected by the minimal insulating effect of the flimsy cover of the Vista moon roof, which of course covers a large portion of the roof area.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I imagining things?

Even with a sunshade in place over the windshield and leaving the windows cracked open, my light-colored leather interior in my 2011 Edge seems to stay hotter than my dark-colored leather interior on my other vehicles, and they have very large windshields as well.

I suppose the temperature is affected by the minimal insulating effect of the flimsy cover of the Vista moon roof, which of course covers a large portion of the roof area.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I imagining things?

I have the light tan colored leather seats as well on my 2010 model. I normally park facing South in my work parking lot. Since the front windows are not tinted, I was still getting some considerable heat inside the vehicle and yes that leather gets real hot seats an steering wheel. Tried parking facing West yesterday and with my new cover craft shade its a serious difference in the temperature and the leather steering wheel and seats. I am planning on getting the front windows tinted anyways but just facing west with that shade in place reflecting this crazy afternoon heat recently was pretty impressive. I can't speak for the charcoal or black colored interiors. I just refuse to buy them simply due to the fear of retaining even more heat.