Waterless wash review

Was screwing around today and decided to try a waterless wash product that's been sitting on a garage shelf for a long time. This is the 1st time in about 20 years that I've owned a dark colored vehicle (2011 Mediterranean Blue) and the way it shows dust is driving me crazy. About a week ago the Edge received a nice claybar job and two coats of Zaino. Well, I grabbed the waterless stuff and sprayed some on the chrome grill and wiped it down with one of the Micro-fiber towels provided. To my surprise it worked awesome and I could tell that it was not scratching the surface!!! Only took me about 10 minutes to do the entire vehicle and she looks awesome. I would never try this if the Edge was more then just dusty but it's a great way to keep it nice and clean during long stretches of nice weather. Very handy product to have on the shelf! The product I used was from Griot's Garage and I'm not sure if it's a decent waterless system but it did a great job. The best part was not having to deal with waterspots! Judging from the amount of product I used, I would guess that the bottle I have would last for about 25 or so wipe-downs.

So are all these products pretty much the same? Is a waterless wash spray the same thing as a quick detail spray? I would guess that a really good microfiber towel is the most important part of doing this. The ones I have from Griot's Garage are really thick and plush compared to the ones I've seen at local stores. Any place local I can get a good deal on some nice MF towels?

So are all these products pretty much the same? Is a waterless wash spray the same thing as a quick detail spray? I would guess that a really good microfiber towel is the most important part of doing this. The ones I have from Griot's Garage are really thick and plush compared to the ones I've seen at local stores. Any place local I can get a good deal on some nice MF towels?

I think the idea of the products is to act as a lubricant. I've had great results with this thick towel found at Detailed Image

I'm scared of some of the smells. I have a 3 year old daughter, and although I've taught her not to drink any of my stuff, Optimum No Rinse smells so good that I felt tempted to swig it myself. I have no idea why.

With that funky blue colour, it should have rum or something added to it...seems like a natural for an exotic cocktail...

With that funky blue colour, it should have rum or something added to it...seems like a natural for an exotic cocktail...

Didn't you see that in the instructions?

Its right under the info for Quick Detailer...

1 part ONR, 1 part Captain Morgan, 1 part ice, blend and serve with an umbrella.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm..that IS good!!

Sorry to bring this thread back from a state of coma, but I just found a drink that smells like ONR:

Monster M-80 is a juice blended energy drink with Apple, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice concentrates listed as the first few ingredients

monster.m-80.can.jpg

Put it to my lips today and almost put it down because it smelled so much like my weekend carwashings.

Edited by cal3thousand