X-Plan pricing

macaw

I've seen a number of formulas that calculate X-Plan. Does anyone know the definitive one? I'm also trying to figure out what other charges I would expect on a final bill.... advertising, delivery, taxes, administrative fees, registration, ...???

Basically I'd love to know, walking in to the dealership, what my final bill will look like.

I've seen a number of formulas that calculate X-Plan. Does anyone know the definitive one? I'm also trying to figure out what other charges I would expect on a final bill.... advertising, delivery, taxes, administrative fees, registration, ...???

Basically I'd love to know, walking in to the dealership, what my final bill will look like.

Our SEL+ with Sirrius, chrome clad rims, and DVD etc had a sticker of $32,740. X-Plan price was $31.007. Plus tax and all that.

Here is a link to what is suposed to be the full rules for x-plan purchases.

x-plan rules

And a link to apply for a pin number.

pin requests

Hope that gives you all the info you need, good luck.

X-plan also allows you to 'stack' all incentives being offered if any at the time of purchase. Typically, as an example, you generally are offered 1,000 cash back OR low % financing. Under x-plan guidelines you get the x-plan price PLUS the 1,000 cash back PLUS the low % financing. Of course this is dependent on the vehicle you are interested in and what actual incentives are offered on the vehicle. As AKIRBY said, no dealer add-on fees allowed..NONE!

X-plan also allows you to 'stack' all incentives being offered if any at the time of purchase. Typically, as an example, you generally are offered 1,000 cash back OR low % financing. Under x-plan guidelines you get the x-plan price PLUS the 1,000 cash back PLUS the low % financing. Of course this is dependent on the vehicle you are interested in and what actual incentives are offered on the vehicle. As AKIRBY said, no dealer add-on fees allowed..NONE!

How would X-Plan apply (if at all) to $4000. off MRSP $1000. rebate and $3000. Dealer Discount ?

Thanks

How would X-Plan apply (if at all) to $4000. off MRSP $1000. rebate and $3000. Dealer Discount ?

Thanks

That depends on the final price after the $3K dealer discount. Forget the rebate - you get that either way. Look up the MSRP and dealer invoice. Subtract $150 from dealer invoice for the Edge or add $200 to dealer invoice for the MKX and compare those prices to MSRP - $3K. Then you have to account for the $300-$400 documentation fee that the dealer will add without X plan.

I can almost guarantee you the price out the door will be less with X plan. If you can find a vehicle in stock at a dealer using the Ford inventory search I can look up the X plan price for you. Just need the dealer's name, zip and the vehicle model and last 5 of the VIN.

That depends on the final price after the $3K dealer discount. Forget the rebate - you get that either way. Look up the MSRP and dealer invoice. Subtract $150 from dealer invoice for the Edge or add $200 to dealer invoice for the MKX and compare those prices to MSRP - $3K. Then you have to account for the $300-$400 documentation fee that the dealer will add without X plan.

I can almost guarantee you the price out the door will be less with X plan. If you can find a vehicle in stock at a dealer using the Ford inventory search I can look up the X plan price for you. Just need the dealer's name, zip and the vehicle model and last 5 of the VIN.

aKirby, thanks for offer to check XPlan for me. I sent e-mail with info.Thanks much

Question about the combining offer?

...do you know this for a fact? I argued w/ the manager as i expected to get the $500 bonus cash plus the 2.9 financing 6-7 weeks ago when i bought my edge... and he said it's not possible!! ($500 is $500 out of my pocket) - online ford.com had a note that said (offers can be combined?) which is why i thought it should be a "GIVEN" to me in the first place!

A couple follow-up questions...

1. When I buy a BMW, I can buy direct from BMW and take delivery in Germany avoiding any destination charges and configuring the car exactly how I want it. Does Ford have a similar program where I can exactly configure the car and buy directly from Ford?

2. Also, what does invoice mean? What is added on after invoice? Surely state registration charges and tax and destination are but what else? I really want to be able to calculate my final bill.

3. I've never leased a car but if chose to lease with the X-Plan, how is residual and terms calculated? Are those then negotiated?

Thanks!

Question about the combining offer?

...do you know this for a fact? I argued w/ the manager as i expected to get the $500 bonus cash plus the 2.9 financing 6-7 weeks ago when i bought my edge... and he said it's not possible!! ($500 is $500 out of my pocket) - online ford.com had a note that said (offers can be combined?) which is why i thought it should be a "GIVEN" to me in the first place!

The dealer has the final word on which incentives are applicable and which can be combined. This generally isn't any different for X plan users than regular buyers, so if regular buyers can't combine them then X plan user can't either. There are exceptions sometimes with special incentives for X plan that aren't available to everyone else but there is NO rule about X plan being able to combine incentives.

A couple follow-up questions...

1. When I buy a BMW, I can buy direct from BMW and take delivery in Germany avoiding any destination charges and configuring the car exactly how I want it. Does Ford have a similar program where I can exactly configure the car and buy directly from Ford?

2. Also, what does invoice mean? What is added on after invoice? Surely state registration charges and tax and destination are but what else? I really want to be able to calculate my final bill.

3. I've never leased a car but if chose to lease with the X-Plan, how is residual and terms calculated? Are those then negotiated?

Thanks!

1. No.

2. Invoice is the dealer's cost for the vehicle. It doesn't normally include destination or advertising fees. If you're looking at X plan then there is a X plan price printed on the invoice which the dealer must show you. They can't add anything to this price except tax, tag and registration and any user requested dealer options.

3. The residual and terms are the same as any other RCL or RCO (Red Carpet Lease or Ownership). The difference is the acquisition cost of the vehicle is lower which reduces your payments.

With X plan you don't negotiate anything - the price is fixed and the dealer can't add any hidden fees. That's the beauty.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a quote today but didn't buy because the salesman said he didn't know what the "FDAF Assessment" was and I told him I wanted to go find out what it was first.

Invoice pricing:

Edge AWD Limited $30,134

Panoramic Roof $1,186

Nav System $1,696

Int Appearnace Pkg $447 (the two-tone seats)

Gal Gas $15.05

FDAF Assessment $443

Delivery $705

------------------------

Total $34,626.05

A/Z Plan $33,254.30

D Plan $33,354.30

X Plan $34,562.55

So X-Plan is getting charged for Gas, FDAF, and Delivery while the other plans seem to escape those charges. Everyone else seeing the same?

I got a quote today but didn't buy because the salesman said he didn't know what the "FDAF Assessment" was and I told him I wanted to go find out what it was first.

Invoice pricing:

Edge AWD Limited $30,134

Panoramic Roof $1,186

Nav System $1,696

Int Appearnace Pkg $447 (the two-tone seats)

Gal Gas $15.05

FDAF Assessment $443

Delivery $705

------------------------

Total $34,626.05

A/Z Plan $33,254.30

D Plan $33,354.30

X Plan $34,562.55

So X-Plan is getting charged for Gas, FDAF, and Delivery while the other plans seem to escape those charges. Everyone else seeing the same?

And the problem IS? Do you know what A/Z plan IS? X plan is a friends and family/neighbor price. If your not happy with that price, then don't use an X-plan pin and negotiate a price on your own. I can tell you this, A plan does not escape a delivery charge.

Edited by 07 MKX

And the problem IS? Do you know what A/Z plan IS? X plan is a friends and family/neighbor price. If your not happy with that price, then don't use an X-plan pin and negotiate a price on your own. I can tell you this, A plan does not escape a delivery charge.

Purchased a 2007 SEL+, BAMR, Tow package, Cargo Management, Rubber mats, Audiophile, Sirius and Reverse Sensing.

MRSP 34115

Invoice 32344

Xplan 32289

Rebate 2000

Price Paid 30289 + Sales Tax+ MA Registration Fee

One very happy buyer

My question is: does X-Plan always include the advertising charge? The posts above indicated it did not.

You're not understanding the concept. X plan is one price (as is A/D/Z plan). Period. It includes everything. You don't add several things together to get the A/Z/X/D plan pricing like you do to get the dealer invoice price.

The point is you don't ADD FDAF or Destination or any other fees to the X plan price. Whatever is supposed to be included is already in the price except for tax, tag and title.

The A/Z/D plan prices are lower than X-Plan because Ford reimburses the dealership more on "insider" pricing than on "Friends and Family" pricing. Everyone pays the FDAF (Ford Division Advertising Fund" assessment, delivery charges, and factory gas charge.

To know todays pricing on a vehicle, the dealership goes into VINCENT (VehicleINCENTives) and indicates the type of sale (X-Plan). the system tells the dealership all of the incentives that the vehicle is eligible for in your zip code area. This can vary by zip code and change daily so don't go by somebody elses experience.

Often there are incentives that are not announced to the public (Dealer cash type incentives). "Plan" buyers usually receive these special discounts in addition to the special "invoice" pricing, that retail customers would not get directly (may help boost the value of their trade-in).

The local dealers belong to their FDAF organization and collectively use the moneys generated through these funds to conduct local group advertising and often to put additional discounts on selected vehicles. Free bedliners in trucks, sponsor local events, parts and service ads on TV or radio, extra $500 on supercabs with 4.6L engines are examples of things that might be done locally.

Salespeople don't usually make as much money off a "plan" sale (often called a "mini".) and they may not understand the whole process very well. Be patient and don't fall for the line "we will sell the car to you at X-Plan price and you won't even need a PIN number." They are keeping some of the incentives to make up for not getting a refund from Ford on the X-Plan sale.

I love this forum...you guya re the best..when it comes to help with PIN # as well as with advise.....I do appreciate your words and knowledge....but there may be some who think they know better...oh well...let them dream...Grey thank you for you explanation , at least there is one here who do value your advise..

Purchased a 2007 SEL+, BAMR, Tow package, Cargo Management, Rubber mats, Audiophile, Sirius and Reverse Sensing.

MRSP 34115

Invoice 32344

Xplan 32289

Rebate 2000

Price Paid 30289 + Sales Tax+ MA Registration Fee

One very happy buyer

Your new Edge wouldnt happen to be red would it? My dealer located one for me in MA with the same options. The dealer in MA had it on hold but then sold it before I could get it. It would be funny if it was yours.

How did you get a 2k rebate, did it go up? It is 1750 in CT.

I'm in FL on vacation this week and I am looking while I'm here.

Unfortunately, the dealer here cannot process a out of state lease and I doubt my dealer will want to transport it to CT with Xplan pricing.

You're not understanding the concept. X plan is one price (as is A/D/Z plan). Period. It includes everything. You don't add several things together to get the A/Z/X/D plan pricing like you do to get the dealer invoice price.

The point is you don't ADD FDAF or Destination or any other fees to the X plan price. Whatever is supposed to be included is already in the price except for tax, tag and title.

Akirby if I could gently disagree. The pricing is a formula so you should be able to add things up and indeed they do add up - and by adding it up you can see FDAF is an additional charge to the invoice pricing. My example:

$30,134 base + $3329 options + $15.05 gas + $443 FDAF + $705 delivery = $34,626.05

$34,626.05 * 4% + $75 = $34,562.55 x-plan price

The X-Plan price on my invoice exactly matched the calculation above. My point earlier was that you need to throw in gas, FDAF, and delivery if you want to be able to calculate X-Plan. To say X-Plan doesn't include extra charges is a bit misleading because, in my mind at least, FDAF is an extra charge.

BTW I'm not making any judgements on the value of the deal. It certainly beats Costco but then again the deal is pretty easy to calculate as well. In my case it would be: 5.8% cheaper than MSRP and 0.2% cheaper than "paying invoice" -- which you can usually pay with or without a plan. That doesn't account for any rebates or deals that might come up during the transaction though.

One other thought... isn't it interesting how small the margin between "invoice" and MSRP has become? It's now under 6% and I remember it being closer to 20%. I suppose it speaks to how commoditized cars have become and maybe how silly the term "invoice" has become.

Akirby if I could gently disagree. The pricing is a formula so you should be able to add things up and indeed they do add up - and by adding it up you can see FDAF is an additional charge to the invoice pricing. My example:

$30,134 base + $3329 options + $15.05 gas + $443 FDAF + $705 delivery = $34,626.05

$34,626.05 * 4% + $75 = $34,562.55 x-plan price

The X-Plan price on my invoice exactly matched the calculation above. My point earlier was that you need to throw in gas, FDAF, and delivery if you want to be able to calculate X-Plan. To say X-Plan doesn't include extra charges is a bit misleading because, in my mind at least, FDAF is an extra charge.

BTW I'm not making any judgements on the value of the deal. It certainly beats Costco but then again the deal is pretty easy to calculate as well. In my case it would be: 5.8% cheaper than MSRP and 0.2% cheaper than "paying invoice" -- which you can usually pay with or without a plan. That doesn't account for any rebates or deals that might come up during the transaction though.

What I'm saying is Ford doesn't itemize the various parts of the X plan price on the invoice like they do with dealer invoice and MSRP. The invoice shows an invoice and msrp price for the car plus options, plus the FDAF, gas and other fees which then get added together.

There is only one box on the invoice for A/Z/D/X plan pricing and that box contains a single price - period. It's not itemized.

I totally agree that those fees are included in the dealer invoice price and that you can use the dealer invoice price to estimate the X plan price.

I just don't think it's technically accurate to say X plan includes FDAF. It is accurate to say that dealer invoice includes FDAF and X plan is 0.4% less than dealer invoice (plus $75 perhaps). And since it's one single price it really doesn't matter exactly what is or isn't included as long as the dealer can't add anything to it.

How did you get a 2k rebate, did it go up? It is 1750 in CT.

Each FDAF can alter the national incentives for their marketplace. You could buy from a dealership in another state that had $2,000 incentives advertised but you will only qualify for the incentives (perhaps $1,750) that is offered in your Zip Code. You (or your dealer) can only get whatever incentives are offered where you will be registering the vehicle.

Remember, the incentives can change daily, so don't go by somebody elses experience or what they were told. The incentives are only good for the day you sign the contract and take delivery.

It is correct that dealer margins have been reduced dramatacally. All of the Motor Companies are trying to get MSRPs closer to real world selling prices.

It would be interesting to see what people thought was a fair dealership gross profit on a $30,000 vehicle. 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%??????????????????????????????????????????

Would you invest millions in a facility, hire a multitude of people that expect a competitive wage, etc, for the same rate of return? :banghead: