Major Upgrade (Rewrite) Details

That's a limitation of iOS, not sync. Sync has supported SMS text messages since 2008. iOS doesn't support the right Bluetooth profile yet (unless that was fixed in iOS 5)

Done. The system no longer has to reboot when you start the car. It just hibernates and then wakes up. Should be a lot faster.

My understanding is that there are technical satellite limitations and regulatory issues preventing sync services in Canada - not a marketing decision.

I am sure we have satellites too..........

Edited by mkx2go

I assume that means warranty on MFT portion only gets extended an extra year.

It's actually The Premium Care 5/75K...I got the paper work today confirming this. A little background...about a month ago the field rep here in St. Louis contacted me about the MFT and asked me my thoughts, impressions, and issues I've had. I spoke up for us all and let him know that this BETA software that was released should have never seen the light of day until it was COMPLETE before TESTING it on all of us...I said I was considering another make and model due to said frustrations....He offered the warranty and I accepted. I was reluctant to post anything until I received OFFICIAL confirmation. I received the paper work and can confirms this.

Merry Christmas! :)

Brian

It's actually The Premium Care 5/75K...I got the paper work today confirming this. A little background...about a month ago the field rep here in St. Louis contacted me about the MFT and asked me my thoughts, impressions, and issues I've had. I spoke up for us all and let him know that this BETA software that was released should have never seen the light of day until it was COMPLETE before TESTING it on all of us...I said I was considering another make and model due to said frustrations....He offered the warranty and I accepted. I was reluctant to post anything until I received OFFICIAL confirmation. I received the paper work and can confirms this.

Merry Christmas! :)

Brian

Good for you! Did this field rep contact you out of the blue?

I sure hope the rumored warranty offer is 5/75 but see where someone else got an additional year. Both you and he had talked with a Ford rep.

Is Ford only offering these warranties to those who get in their face?

Good for you! Did this field rep contact you out of the blue?

I sure hope the rumored warranty offer is 5/75 but see where someone else got an additional year. Both you and he had talked with a Ford rep.

Is Ford only offering these warranties to those who get in their face?

I was given only a Limited warranty covering oil, filter, and tire rotation for what totals to be 9 visits. I think I'll be making a phone call

Wow Ford really sucks. I can't even get them to call me back when they say they are going to. Last Friday I was told I would get a call within 2 days, well no calls a week later. This is so freaking frustrating. Sad part is I really like some aspects of this vehicle but others are just killing me and ruining this experience. Sad to say it isn't just MFT, also realized that TSB 11-11-15 applies to my vehicle even though dealer said noise is normal. :censored: So angry.

Wow Ford really sucks. I can't even get them to call me back when they say they are going to. Last Friday I was told I would get a call within 2 days, well no calls a week later. This is so freaking frustrating. Sad part is I really like some aspects of this vehicle but others are just killing me and ruining this experience. Sad to say it isn't just MFT, also realized that TSB 11-11-15 applies to my vehicle even though dealer said noise is normal. :censored: So angry.

I feel ya. So many things to like, but there are things that can be disappointing as well. They will have to give a great deal on a 2013 or I'll be driving something else at that time.

Yeah just frustrating. I am happy for the people getting extra out of them but damn I can't even get them to do what they said they would. A simple call back. I really do hope this software fixes the MFT but unfortunately I have a bunch of other things I can't seem to get support for. Certainly not what I was hoping for in my first Ford purchase.

I am sure we have satellites too..........

I am now 4000km into aprx 8000km trip and have been running the Garmin 3490lmt side by side with the Ford Edge Nav. No comparison. The split screen on the Ford system seems to work well but it is not dependable due to the outdated maps. If that can be corrected and a bit more speed it should work well. The Garmin 3490lmt updated traffic every few seconds both in Canada and the US (presently in DC). Found it very effective in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Washington. So with updated maps etc. the system on the Edge should be fine. By the way, I ended a route about 2 days ago by pressing the 'end route' on the screen instead of voice. The 2in x 1in little screen that comes up when you cancel route stayed on top of the map screen. Thinking for the first time in a year may have to disconnect the battery cable to reset...any other ideas. Thanks.

I think I had to choose another destination the last time I got that and it went away. Out of curiosity...is you nav position accurate? I keep meaning to comapre side to side with my portable but my main issue is that the GPS lags 50-150' behind actual position. Can't figure out what it is since traveling south on a road to an intersection it will lag behind actual position but coming to the same intersection going north it does the same. So it doesn't seem to be a map data issue. And if I sit there and wait it doesn't drift to the right location. I think I might have a bad GPS antenna or something.

I think I had to choose another destination the last time I got that and it went away. Out of curiosity...is you nav position accurate? I keep meaning to comapre side to side with my portable but my main issue is that the GPS lags 50-150' behind actual position. Can't figure out what it is since traveling south on a road to an intersection it will lag behind actual position but coming to the same intersection going north it does the same. So it doesn't seem to be a map data issue. And if I sit there and wait it doesn't drift to the right location. I think I might have a bad GPS antenna or something.

No I must say the lag is very minimal if any. Strange how the same systems act so differently. As I mentioned the maps are terrible. I was off road more than on in some sections. But...a big But...if they can update the maps and get the bugs out of the system, I really think the Nav. will be ok. I am really glad to have the Garmin with me to compare and to confirm what I have suspected all along. First I thought it was the maps out of date for smaller areas but it happened in larger centres as well. Happy Holidays to one and all. Thanks for the tip on removing the blank square from the map display. Will try it out tomorrow.

Yeah I wonder if I just have a bad antenna or maybe it is placed poorly. I'll have to do some comparisons with a TomTom unit I have and see which one seems to locate my position more accurately. But I know what you mena about being "offroad" on our trip to South Carolina several sections of I-95 showed us as off road.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more that from a product delivery standpoint, they should be ashamed of what they've foisted on the public. Every time I see a Ford ad on TV that's highlighting how great MFT is, I want to scream (actually, I usually do scream) "THAT"S NOT WHAT IT"S LIKE AT ALL!"

I've spent 35 years in IT infrastructure and have purchased lots of bleeding edge and beta software, but at least I knew what the risks were when I deployed it. With MFT, I haven't had the number of issues that some people have experienced, and I've learned to live with its idiosyncrasies in my 2011 Sport, but I really feel sorry for the people that may not have the technical insight into what's happening behind the scenes and are even more frustrated with it than I am.

Best thing I ever did was install an On/Off switch inline with fuse 29 so I could reboot the system when I wanted to (even driving down the road).

I couldn't agree more that from a product delivery standpoint, they should be ashamed of what they've foisted on the public. Every time I see a Ford ad on TV that's highlighting how great MFT is, I want to scream (actually, I usually do scream) "THAT"S NOT WHAT IT"S LIKE AT ALL!"

I've spent 35 years in IT infrastructure and have purchased lots of bleeding edge and beta software, but at least I knew what the risks were when I deployed it. With MFT, I haven't had the number of issues that some people have experienced, and I've learned to live with its idiosyncrasies in my 2011 Sport, but I really feel sorry for the people that may not have the technical insight into what's happening behind the scenes and are even more frustrated with it than I am.

Best thing I ever did was install an On/Off switch inline with fuse 29 so I could reboot the system when I wanted to (even driving down the road).

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, the subject of that thread is "Is anyone satisfied with their Edge?", which is a bit different than being focused on whether or not they're satisfied with MFT. If that's the only example you can come up with, I'd say that it's far outweighed by the number of threads on this forum that are related to MFT issues. Based on that alone, I'd say that the majority of people are frustrated and dissatisfied with MFT.

Personally, I really like my Edge. It's just the type of car I wanted to get and I'm happy with what I paid for it. I just happen to agree with JeffIsHereToo that they should be ashamed of the product and admit to it instead of marketing the new release as though they only want to continually improve the product out of good will. That kind of spin in a press release may work with the media and with anyone who hasn't actually used it on a day to day basis, but for those of us that have, it's insulting.

</soapbox>

Admitting a greater problem with the MFT would open Ford to ransacking by the lawyers. By saying that they are giving away a free upgrade is marketing BS at best. They have yet to fix the MFT in my vehicle, so this is just another fix for me. I suppose we'll all find out if this is the final fix, or will v2.0 bring a new set of problems?

Ask yourself this question: could you sell your Edge now, at a fair price, with the MFT problems? I couldn't, so I was forced to seek the advice of an attorney, and I prudently sought one who has been successful against Ford for the MFT problems. In October of last year I was unable to get Ford to fix the MFT problems, the dealer will not work on it anymore, because there was no fix available. I was told to wait until another update is released in early 2012. Ford basically told me the same thing, to just wait some more, and I refuse to accept that response.

For all new vehicle owners, I recommend getting video documentation of a problem. In the video, remember to keep a nice pleasant tone, say your name, the date, time, and a description of the problem as it occurs on the video. Frankly, any problem with your new vehicle should be documented this way, as it can help the repair facility to see and/or hear the problem should they be unable to reproduce it.

Also, you never know if you'll need the proof. I was naive and let the dealer and Ford put me off for over a year with promise after promise that this was the last time. You do not want to wait this long before taking action! It is to their benefit to keep you driving that vehicle, adding miles, wear and tear, anything to reduce the value of the vehicle. Fortunately, I had proof from multiple repair records and I was able to capture video on my phone of recurring MFT problems. And I continue to do so. Keep detailed repair records. My dealer tried to hide an MFT repair by only documenting the oil change. Get the dealer to correct the repair record and include ALL work.

Ford gets four shots to fix a warranty item in my State before you can sue. I gave them many more than that, and they still blew me off. It's just business. And Ford lost mine for life.

Edited by netizenX

Admitting a greater problem with the MFT would open Ford to ransacking by the lawyers. By saying that they are giving away a free upgrade is marketing BS at best. They have yet to fix the MFT in my vehicle, so this is just another fix for me. I suppose we'll all find out if this is the final fix, or will v2.0 bring a new set of problems?

Ask yourself this question: could you sell your Edge now, at a fair price, with the MFT problems? I couldn't, so I was forced to seek the advice of an attorney, and I prudently sought one who has been successful against Ford for the MFT problems. In October of last year I was unable to get Ford to fix the MFT problems, the dealer will not work on it anymore, because there was no fix available. I was told to wait until another update is released in early 2012. Ford basically told me the same thing, to just wait some more, and I refuse to accept that response.

For all new vehicle owners, I recommend getting video documentation of a problem. In the video, remember to keep a nice pleasant tone, say your name, the date, time, and a description of the problem as it occurs on the video. Frankly, any problem with your new vehicle should be documented this way, as it can help the repair facility to see and/or hear the problem should they be unable to reproduce it.

Also, you never know if you'll need the proof. I was naive and let the dealer and Ford put me off for over a year with promise after promise that this was the last time. You do not want to wait this long before taking action! It is to their benefit to keep you driving that vehicle, adding miles, wear and tear, anything to reduce the value of the vehicle. Fortunately, I had proof from multiple repair records and I was able to capture video on my phone of recurring MFT problems. And I continue to do so. Keep detailed repair records. My dealer tried to hide an MFT repair by only documenting the oil change. Get the dealer to correct the repair record and include ALL work.

Ford gets four shots to fix a warranty item in my State before you can sue. I gave them many more than that, and they still blew me off. It's just business. And Ford lost mine for life.

Netizen, your profile says you are in the midwest. I am in St. Louis. All I can say is I have not contacted an attorney, nor have I been offered a settlement. But from what I hear, don't people have to keep quiet about it? Aren't there are unreasonable aspects to the settlement offer? Maybe we should talk.

I would doubt they can keep people from saying they got a settlement but maybe they can't discuss the terms of the agreement?? Starting to think this might be my only option. My contact at Ford has gotten a little less helpful and I feel like everytime I try to "work" with Ford it is an excercise in futility. You get passed from department to department and never get an answer. Even when Ford tries to make a piece offering things go wrong. It is just an unbelievably frustrating experience.

I would doubt they can keep people from saying they got a settlement but maybe they can't discuss the terms of the agreement?? Starting to think this might be my only option. My contact at Ford has gotten a little less helpful and I feel like everytime I try to "work" with Ford it is an excercise in futility. You get passed from department to department and never get an answer. Even when Ford tries to make a piece offering things go wrong. It is just an unbelievably frustrating experience.

This doesn't belong in this thread so this will be my last comment about it here, but whatever written document you are offered and agree to sign dictates the terms, and you should rethink your doubt.

• 2 weeks later...