Locked out of my MKX but have the key fob

So I replaced the battery in my key fob for my 2008 Lincoln MKX and now the remote is not working, no big deal I'll try and reprogram it but wait there's no key hole to get in the car!! I do not know the lock code for the door keypad. I guess the only thing left to do is get someone to take me to the Ford dealer to see if they can look up my keypad code and then I can get in the car and try to repogram the fob. Anyone know any tricks?

So I replaced the battery in my key fob for my 2008 Lincoln MKX and now the remote is not working, no big deal I'll try and reprogram it but wait there's no key hole to get in the car!! I do not know the lock code for the door keypad. I guess the only thing left to do is get someone to take me to the Ford dealer to see if they can look up my keypad code and then I can get in the car and try to repogram the fob. Anyone know any tricks?

Replacing the battery shouldn't deprogram the fob. Make sure the battery is the correct type and installed correctly. You could try a different battery to be safe.

Where is the other keyfob? It should still be working.

Replacing the battery shouldn't deprogram the fob. Make sure the battery is the correct type and installed correctly. You could try a different battery to be safe.

Where is the other keyfob? It should still be working.

Its the correct battery and installed correctly, and tested good. I only have one Fob got the car used. I went to the Ford dealer and they stated they couldn't look up the code for the keypad so I was forced to call a Tow truck to unlock the vehicle. I'm not sure why the fob stopped working. I am going try to reprogram it and see what happens..

Update, locksmith came and unlocked the car. I reprogrammed the fob and it honks the horn when I push the buttons and program it, but after the procedure it doesn't work. I take out the battery and do the same process and it doesn't honk or recognize the key fob-so I know he battery and such are good. I called locksmiths to make a copy of the key and transponder and its like $165! Anyone else have a new transponder and key made?

My key fob just started working again, Im very happy! As for the keyhole, looks like the plastic cover was replaced with a non key hole one. I did locate the lock cylinder behind it after I removed it. Its looks clean so Ill leave it, and if it happens again or my car battery dies Ill just drill a hole in the plastic cover or break it off, no biggie

My key fob just started working again, Im very happy! As for the keyhole, looks like the plastic cover was replaced with a non key hole one. I did locate the lock cylinder behind it after I removed it. Its looks clean so Ill leave it, and if it happens again or my car battery dies Ill just drill a hole in the plastic cover or break it off, no biggie

Plastic Cover?

:huh:

Yes it appears its the same as the rear passenger door on the drivers side. Yes they are plastic not chrome. I also thought it was metal but its a Ford so def. Plastic and its a Ford part # on the back. Their very easy to change, one screw in the door and its loose.

Edited by surferd15