Canadian MFT update

Un-synced my phone and did a master reset on Version 2.11 this morning

Installed the update on the way home from work this afternoon.

Started the Edge and waited for the update to start and then started my daily commute

Everything was done in about 40 min. well ahead of getting home in rush hour.

Nav card installed, phoned synced - Good to go .

PS. I had a new APIM installed a while back when I had the dreaded black screen of death on Version 2.8

Edited by tmbubell

Well just got the call from the dealership unfortunately it was the APIM :angry: not happy about that, the service advisor said it looks like the usb was bad and fried the computer so he said he's gonna try to have my edge back to me tomorrow as they have to wait to get the part. I just hope that this isn't the start of bad things to come as I wasn't having any issues with MFT before this I really do love my edge and would like to keep it that way.

Upgrade went wrong

It stalled on the first screen for over 1 h 30 and then I tried to do it again ... it went on for a while and stalled again in the third step (6 out of 9) ...

Now everything is froozen in the middle of the proccess without giving me access to the screen. Can't reach the "master reset" option, the screen always comes back to the frozen process very fast ...within a second ...

Can still manage to controls most of it thru the steering controls ...

Removed the 29 fuse overnignt will see today the follow-up ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry22:

I might suggest to others a master reset BEFORE starting the process ....

EDIT : It's frozen between the 6 and 7th screen (out of 9) printed in the "how to upgrade ..." booklet provided in the package. Going to the dealer tomorrow (Monday) morning ...

Follow Up

Got to the dealer today. They think the USB key was corrupted .... They download a fresh version on a new usb fob, try the reinstallation process and everything went smooth. (Couldn't do it last sunday as the Ford download site was down ...and still is !!)

Everything is in good working condition now ... and I got my smile back !!! :hyper:

New maps are really up to date, there are streets less then a year old on the map ... Unfortunaly there is a 12 months old major bridge missing on highway 25 linking Montreal and Laval in the Montreal Area .... (TomTom and Garmin have it ...)

Edited by slypx

Finally installed mine yesterday morning during my drive to Ottawa. Gotta say, I'm really impressed with the smoothness of the navigation system.

The overall look is amazing, and for some reason I'm loving the fact that it tells me to "keep left and proceed on 401east express" as opposed to the "keep right" and proceed on the 401.

New maps are really up to date, there are streets less then a year old on the map ... Unfortunaly there is a 12 months old major bridge missing on highway 25 linking Montreal and Laval in the Montreal Area .... (TomTom and Garmin have it ...)

Considering how bridges in Montreal hold up, Ford is probably just being pro-active. In a couple more months it will be accurate again...

Considering how bridges in Montreal hold up, Ford is probably just being pro-active. In a couple more months it will be accurate again...

Got to give it to you, it's a good one !! But considering that this one was built by a private company and it is a revenue ($$) bridge, it might stay up for a while !

Got my edge back over the weekend and pleased with the new update :dance: miss the temperature being on the home screen but is a change I can live with just happy to have my edge back hoping this is the last and only visit to the dealership on this issue.

Where is the outside temperature now? I might be blind but I was trying to find it today and I had no clue where it was

Had few problems with V2.11, only the occasional reboot about once a month but the maps (A1) were really disappointing.

So I finally decided to install the update two days ago. The install went smoothly and as advertized. Had a slight problem repairing with my phone (older Samsung) but got it done the reverse way (getting Sync to search for the phone). All seems fine now. The navigation is quite improved but maps are still about one year out of date based on the new streets in my neighbourgood.

Overall much faster startup and cleaner menus, etc.

My wife doesn't like the update already because of the removal of the center temperature display....

Edited by planeville@rogers.com

• 2 months later...

It's not the software, it's the hardware and supported bluetooth profiles.

I did update ics on my samsung galaxy s2 and after that the sync is not connecting to the bluetooth at all. it just says find the sync on your device and it never appears on the phone. I tried other phone that does not have ics and that is not connecting as well.