Canadian MFT update

I think I was one of the first to receive the mailer, but I haven't received my upgrade package via mail yet. You can always download it through syncmyride.com and wait for the SD card. I don't experience any issues with my v2.8 installation so I can wait patiently.

Ā 

I don't believe I've seen any Canadians reporting they've received their package yet.

I called Ford again this afternoon. After quite a lengthly delay I was advised it was in the scheduled package of units to be shipped on the 5th of March and was told that it can take several weeks to be shipped. I asked for clarification of her wording and was informed that it was shipped in the week of March 5th. after further clarification I was advised it was shipped in the week of March 5th which meant anywhere from the 5-12th of March. She then informed me that it can be up to 2 weeks to get shipped out in the week of march 5th.

Ā 

After learning a new political language being the week of ?, and it being defined that it can take 2 weeks to be shipped out in the week of ?, I have determined that more then likely it will be posted around 21 days after the 5th of March.

Ā 

Never have I seen such a run around with the exception of "Apple" who starts your warranty on the day you place your order and not the day you receive your product. As Apple informed me with the delivery of my product which will be in 3-4 weeks hypothetically this product is being built for me on the assembly line, just for me and no one else, and thus the reason for starting my warranty on this date.

Ā 

Funny thing was as it was now 7 days into my warranty which is on an item that will arrive in 16-23 days I informed the customer service manager that it no longer works and requested an immediate replacement. No sense of humor since Steve Jobs passed away.

Ā 

The long and short of this Post is that in fact the packages are shipping but for Canadians I would not expect to see your package until after the 26th of March.

I think I was one of the first to receive the mailer, but I haven't received my upgrade package via mail yet. You can always download it through syncmyride.com and wait for the SD card. I don't experience any issues with my v2.8 installation so I can wait patiently.

Ā 

I don't believe I've seen any Canadians reporting they've received their package yet.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm in the same boat as you except I have v2.7 and will wait for the mail package.

I called Ford again this afternoon. After quite a lengthly delay I was advised it was in the scheduled package of units to be shipped on the 5th of March and was told that it can take several weeks to be shipped. I asked for clarification of her wording and was informed that it was shipped in the week of March 5th. after further clarification I was advised it was shipped in the week of March 5th which meant anywhere from the 5-12th of March. She then informed me that it can be up to 2 weeks to get shipped out in the week of march 5th.

Ā 

After learning a new political language being the week of ?, and it being defined that it can take 2 weeks to be shipped out in the week of ?, I have determined that more then likely it will be posted around 21 days after the 5th of March.

Ā 

Never have I seen such a run around with the exception of "Apple" who starts your warranty on the day you place your order and not the day you receive your product. As Apple informed me with the delivery of my product which will be in 3-4 weeks hypothetically this product is being built for me on the assembly line, just for me and no one else, and thus the reason for starting my warranty on this date.

Ā 

Funny thing was as it was now 7 days into my warranty which is on an item that will arrive in 16-23 days I informed the customer service manager that it no longer works and requested an immediate replacement. No sense of humor since Steve Jobs passed away.

Ā 

The long and short of this Post is that in fact the packages are shipping but for Canadians I would not expect to see your package until after the 26th of March.

Ā 

Ā 

LOL

Has anyone in Canada received their package yet? I've not downloaded it yet as I required my GPS a few times in the past couple of weeks, however I think I'm good now. I'll download it if the SD should be delivered soon, but I don't want to go weeks without it.

Has anyone in Canada received their package yet? I've not downloaded it yet as I required my GPS a few times in the past couple of weeks, however I think I'm good now. I'll download it if the SD should be delivered soon, but I don't want to go weeks without it.

Ā 

I had been emailed with this number for their in-vehicle technology department:

1-888-658-6799.

Ā 

I called it 2 days ago and she said Canadians were not getting theirs even put into the mail until later this week. I am not expecting mine now for at least 2 weeks. Thankfully I have had very few problems. AXCL, I did not entertain the option of downloading from SMR b/c I don't want to be without the Nav either. I will just wait.

Edited by richy

Ā 

Ā 

No package yet.

Ā 

I got the original mailer in January saying it was coming soon.

I had been emailed with this number for their in-vehicle technology department:

1-888-658-6799.

Ā 

I called it 2 days ago and she said Canadians were not getting theirs even put into the mail until later this week. I am not expecting mine now for at least 2 weeks. Thankfully I have had very few problems. AXCL, I did not entertain the option of downloading from SMR b/c I don't want to be without the Nav either. I will just wait.

Ā 

Thanks Richy. I suppose she didn't give any reason why Canadians are later receiving their package. I guess when Ford puts you at the rear of the plane you are always late getting your pack of peanuts or newspaper. Not expecting anything here until Mid April.

So I was having coffee with my wife and my salesman tracked me down to inform me that in todays mail came a handful of SD cards for the new MFT.

Needless to say I was in there 10 minutes later and had the upgrade done. An hour later I was on my way with the new update and SD card for the maps. The maps are different and the unit is extremely quick to respond. All in all seems simpler, so all Canadian dealers should be receiving their SD cards and upgrade any day now if not today. Unfortunately only a small handful arrived at my dealer so some customers might have to wait in the mail for theirs.

So I was having coffee with my wife and my salesman tracked me down to inform me that in todays mail came a handful of SD cards for the new MFT.

Needless to say I was in there 10 minutes later and had the upgrade done. An hour later I was on my way with the new update and SD card for the maps. The maps are different and the unit is extremely quick to respond. All in all seems simpler, so all Canadian dealers should be receiving their SD cards and upgrade any day now if not today. Unfortunately only a small handful arrived at my dealer so some customers might have to wait in the mail for theirs.

Ā 

Glad to hear any least one dealer in Canada has received something, I'm guessing we won't see it arriving at our own mailboxes for another few weeks..

Ā 

M.

I called my dealership in Fredericton, New Brunswick, and they now have them in stock. They would NOT release just the map card for me though, said they would lose their license or something :rolleyes:

Ā 

So I scheduled a dealer install for Monday AM.

Edited by maherj

The service department at my dealer in Montreal Qc received 6 SD cards on March 26th. The service director also told me that those were "reserved" (replacement inventory for defective A3 cards or 11A1/11A2 recalls). 11A1/11A2 recalls are MFT upgrades that need to be done by the dealer. 11A3 is for the rest of us: wait for it in the mail. Apparently each Edge is identified to one of those 3 recalls.

Ā 

I also learned about recall 12M01. This recall extends the warranty on the APIM to 4 years instead of the regular 3.

Ā 

The MFT folks in the US informed me today that mailings to Canadian clients would start on April 2nd and last for "several" weeks; they did not know when asked what "several" meant.

Ā 

I got upset.

Ā 

I called the service director who reiterated that he could order an Nav SD card for me but I would need to pay for it ($165+) but he would reimburse me when I turn in the one I would hopefully receive by mail

Ā 

I got more upset.

Ā 

He then suggested I get Ford Canada to authorize him to give me one free of charge. Called Ford Canada, they settled that one pretty fast: of course they had no control over this. But they do have control over the mark up on the Edge for sale in Canada and let's not forget it's made in Oakville Ontario Canada !

Ā 

Then I got too upset.

Ā 

I finally got my Nav card $0. I called my sales rep, reminded him how many vehicles he made commission on from me. 15 minutes later he called back to tell me I could pick up my Nav card.

Ā 

Moral of this story: don't too readily believe all that's being said, there is always a way, you just need to push the right button.

Ā 

I have to say though that my sales guy has an excellent relationship with the service department.

Funny you should say that about the sales department and the service department. I was having coffee at my local starbucks when my sales guy was driving buy and saw my car sitting in it's usual place. He drove into the mall and once he found me, he immediately called the service manager who made an immediate appointment to slot me in.

Ā 

I arrived 10 minutes later and my regular rep. along with the tech were waiting for me, and within a minute he was working on the update. about an hour later my car was ready after doing the update and washing my car.

Ā 

While I was waiting, I was given the use of a new 2012 edge except with the 3.5 instead of the ecoboost.

Ā 

I have to say things were done, quick, fast and efficient and I am extremely impressed with OceanPark Ford in South Surrey BC.

• Like 1

I bought my truck earlier this month. I was able to install the update myself with a USB key from a download off the syncmyride website. When I did that, as I was warned, my navigation stopped working. I figured that I would "live with it" for a few weeks until I was sent the package. Today I got "impatient" and actually phoned a dealership (not the same one I bought the truck from) and to my surprise they were willing and able to swap out my SD card for a new one. They were happy I already did the update and saved them an hours time. I was in and out in 10 minutes and now I have a working updated system!

Ā 

Also worth noting that I was able to call Sirius tonight and have them send the Travel Link signal to my system. The weather picks up the closest American city and the gas prices don't work, but I am sure all of that is coming soon for the deprived bunch of us north of the border.

I couldn't wait anymore either and called the dealership closest to me (not the one I bought my Edge from) and they were more than happy to do it for me and give me the Nav card! I'd like to know how Sirius sent the signal for Travel Link cause they told me that its not available in Canada? I just renewed my subscription today as well when I saw that the Travel Link was on the info screen now.

I called Sirius 1-888-539-7474 Option 1 - 5

Ā 

I mentioned the Travel Link showed unsubscribed and he sent a new signal to my truck. It was about 30 seconds and all of a sudden everything showed "SUBSCRIBED" and when I went to the i side, everything was updating.

Ā 

They are testing it in Canada. I guess you just have to talk to the right guy.

Ā 

You want the guys from Nova Scotia.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I couldn't wait anymore either and called the dealership closest to me (not the one I bought my Edge from) and they were more than happy to do it for me and give me the Nav card! I'd like to know how Sirius sent the signal for Travel Link cause they told me that its not available in Canada? I just renewed my subscription today as well when I saw that the Travel Link was on the info screen now.

I called Sirius 1-888-539-7474 Option 1 - 5

Ā 

I mentioned the Travel Link showed unsubscribed and he sent a new signal to my truck. It was about 30 seconds and all of a sudden everything showed "SUBSCRIBED" and when I went to the i side, everything was updating.

Ā 

They are testing it in Canada. I guess you just have to talk to the right guy.

Ā 

You want the guys from Nova Scotia.

Ā 

Very interesting. I'm going to give this a try as well, I found the option but said I was unsubscribed to everything but Radio.

Ā 

So far with my initial 10 minute drive from the dealership to work, it seems pretty snappy. Phone paired up without issue, and navigation maps look MUCH better. Still a bit 'miffed' about the home screen layout, but it just means I'll be in one of the corner windows instead of my default 'home wallpaper screen'

Ā 

I was quite happy to see that at least the signal strength was available on the phone menu when in other menus, and at least sirius channel names/song name were scrolling on the bottom, but when you're in the home screen, it will just say Entertainment I believe.

Ā 

I'm sure the issues are cosmetic right now, and we can get things back like the outside temp and phone battery life, etc back.

Ā 

Edit: Just on hold with Sirus now, I noticed Option 5 was to cancel, so I'm guessing this is some sort of retentions department. I'm trying Option 4 which is to ask question about an existing radio, and will see how 'knowledgable' they are on adding Travel Link.

Ā 

Edit #2 - So the fella I talked to on Option 4, mentioned that Travel Link was not available in Canada, and they can not enable it. Going to try Option 5

Ā 

Edit #3 - Not much luck with Option 5 as well, but I did get someone from NS. It appears that they enable this for the '6 month Trial' that they give you, and since I moved my ESN to my already established account, I lost the access to the Travel Link options. I also asked them about what sort of deal I can get to keep my two radios, they offered it to me for $179 a year for two radios, which works out to $15 a month. I think I can do better though

Edited by maherj