Canadian MFT update

It does say "United States /Canada" right on the front...

It only means that the map coverage includes both countries ...

My current Canadian original box says : "Map Coverage - United States / Canada" and Languages : "English / Canadien Francais / Espanol"

post-18926-0-34353000-1334370962_thumb.jpg

IMHO if the delay is a language issue it's a poor excuse. We have had a law for many many years requiring bilingual packaging, so I find it hard to believe that a large company like Ford would not have been prepared for this issue or use it as an excuse...so I believe it is just that a 'rumor'. :unsure:

IMHO if the delay is a language issue it's a poor excuse. We have had a law for many many years requiring bilingual packaging, so I find it hard to believe that a large company like Ford would not have been prepared for this issue or use it as an excuse...so I believe it is just that a 'rumor'. :unsure:

Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Since I purchased my MKX 1.7 years ago, I've seen plenty of examples of Ford's incompetence.

My roommate who is also a 2012 Ford Edge owner recieved a package today (Friday 13) from Ford (Letter is dated April 6th). Inside was a letter advising "SOFTWARE APPLICATION UPGRADE PROGRAM 11A02".

The letter goes on to say that in the continuous spirit of improving Ford has authorized his dealer to install a software Performance Upgrade for the My Ford Touch System at no cost.

It talks about how you can locate the dealerships and that enclosed they provided a new manual with the features and what not of the new upgrade.

So I think, this is what is being sent out! Ps. It comes both in English & in French.

post-22086-0-62397300-1334503436_thumb.jpg

post-22086-0-34037600-1334503465_thumb.jpg

post-22086-0-00733600-1334503531_thumb.jpg

Edited by rexdedge

My roommate who is also a 2012 Ford Edge owner recieved a package today (Friday 13) from Ford (Letter is dated April 6th). Inside was a letter advising "SOFTWARE APPLICATION UPGRADE PROGRAM 11A02".

The letter goes on to say that in the continuous spirit of improving Ford has authorized his dealer to install a software Performance Upgrade for the My Ford Touch System at no cost.

It talks about how you can locate the dealerships and that enclosed they provided a new manual with the features and what not of the new upgrade.

So I think, this is what is being sent out! Ps. It comes both in English & in French.

post-22086-0-62397300-1334503436_thumb.jpg

post-22086-0-34037600-1334503465_thumb.jpg

post-22086-0-00733600-1334503531_thumb.jpg

Some people have received notification that they will have to go to the dealership. Most of us have been advised we will receive a flash drive for self installation and a SD card with the new maps. As far as I know no one has received that package in Canada yet.

I think the IVT support line is going to soon know me by my voice. I'm going to call them at least once a week until I get my package.

What I was told today is that ALL Canadian packages have now been mailed and we should expect our packages soon.

Hopefully soon is before next year so richy can replace his dealers package...hopefully nobody reads that out of context!

Some people have received notification that they will have to go to the dealership. Most of us have been advised we will receive a flash drive for self installation and a SD card with the new maps. As far as I know no one has received that package in Canada yet.

just got my mail notification saying to go to the dealer here in vancouver, i might just go in and have them do it as well to look in to the wishing nose coming from my driver side door

Edited by ukjason

Sorry, having a hard time posting a pic. Maps are ver A3 US/Canada and all documentation is in English and French.

in my package the cardboard folder was English/French but there were 3 inserts tucked into a pocket; How to install, EULA & User Guide, that were English only.

Yip! Finally! - Installed it on the way to work this morning, but forgot to turn off the heated seats before I started it, so I now have soup hoop. I only had 5 min with it, but already see that it didn't fix one of my issues. Since 1.8, I've had an issue where the radio station genre displayed in the 4" entertainment section doesn't match what is on the 8" and it still doesn't. For example, my main Rock station lists as "Rock" on the 8", but as "Educational" on the 4". This is not a big deal, its just an anoyance, but it was always one thing I checked for instantly after ever update.

It took about 40 min as most people are saying, and I had unpaired my phone and did a Master Reset prior to the update.

Good Luck with the updates everyone!