Canadian MFT update

Nothing here yet!

Ā 

It appears a few of us have been getting different mailing dates from Ford. I've just called the hotline and was told Canadian mailings started on March 19th and are being mailed out of the US, regular mail, which explains some of the delay. Something has to start landing soon. I called as I'm an early run 2011 Sport (Bought Sept 10'), so I thought I may not be listed for a mailing and they'd make me do the dealer update, however I'm on the mailing list.

Nothing yet in the West Coast.

Ā 

If I were to believe all the promises made by Ford my kit was to arrive 3-4 weeks ago. They made promises and promises, then my dealer really went out of his way to locate me and give me the dealer SD card and update.

Ā 

I find it interesting that it was to have shipped in the week of March 5th give or take 2 weeks for all shipments. Being now a month later and nothing makes me think they are having some sort of problems with Delivery in Canada. Which makes me think it might be the English/French problem.

Nothing yet in the West Coast.

Ā 

If I were to believe all the promises made by Ford my kit was to arrive 3-4 weeks ago. They made promises and promises, then my dealer really went out of his way to locate me and give me the dealer SD card and update.

Ā 

I find it interesting that it was to have shipped in the week of March 5th give or take 2 weeks for all shipments. Being now a month later and nothing makes me think they are having some sort of problems with Delivery in Canada. Which makes me think it might be the English/French problem.

Ā 

I think the shipment dates are all over the place, some ppl said march 5-6, some said march 12, some march 19th, some april 2nd.. I don't think there is any proof that any of the dates are accurate, until someone actually gets a package in the mail in Canada, we can't really be sure the mailings have started.

Ā 

M.

Nothing on the East Coast yet and I don't expect to see anything til around the middle of April. I am gonna sit tight until the package arrives in the mail. I haven't even called the dealer to see if they have received any cards.

Ā 

Ā 

Update...I had to go into the dealership this afternoon to order touch up paint. Talked to a management person and she said they had a conference call this morning and was advised that the packages to individuals would start mailing in two weeks. This jives with what someone had posted earlier on this thread.

My dealership in Kitchener had 2 sets delivered last week and they used them immediately. No more on the horizon for them they said.

Ā 

I think what my dealership meant was the mailing direct to the customer will be in 2 weeks. Then again I have about 3 different dates for mailing but I suspect what I was told today will be close to the mailing time.

1333547287[/url]' post='77708']

Has any Canadian actually received a Ford package in the mail yet?

Ā 

Absolutey nothing but a whole lotta smoke being blown up all of our Canadian asses! They keep lying about the date...cheque's in the mail and Ford won't c;;e in your mouth! Ford's treatment of Canadians is pissing me off!!

Edited by richy

Maybe try calling back and talking to someone else? The Travel Link system works fine for me. I don't get Fuel Prices but it shows the closest gas stations with N/A under the price. The weather map works fine and the traffic works in Toronto only so far as I can see. In Toronto I get road advisories and a traffic map of hotspots. Seems to work on the 401 and the QEW highways.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Very interesting. I'm going to give this a try as well, I found the option but said I was unsubscribed to everything but Radio.

Ā 

So far with my initial 10 minute drive from the dealership to work, it seems pretty snappy. Phone paired up without issue, and navigation maps look MUCH better. Still a bit 'miffed' about the home screen layout, but it just means I'll be in one of the corner windows instead of my default 'home wallpaper screen'

Ā 

I was quite happy to see that at least the signal strength was available on the phone menu when in other menus, and at least sirius channel names/song name were scrolling on the bottom, but when you're in the home screen, it will just say Entertainment I believe.

Ā 

I'm sure the issues are cosmetic right now, and we can get things back like the outside temp and phone battery life, etc back.

Ā 

Edit: Just on hold with Sirus now, I noticed Option 5 was to cancel, so I'm guessing this is some sort of retentions department. I'm trying Option 4 which is to ask question about an existing radio, and will see how 'knowledgable' they are on adding Travel Link.

Ā 

Edit #2 - So the fella I talked to on Option 4, mentioned that Travel Link was not available in Canada, and they can not enable it. Going to try Option 5

Ā 

Edit #3 - Not much luck with Option 5 as well, but I did get someone from NS. It appears that they enable this for the '6 month Trial' that they give you, and since I moved my ESN to my already established account, I lost the access to the Travel Link options. I also asked them about what sort of deal I can get to keep my two radios, they offered it to me for $179 a year for two radios, which works out to $15 a month. I think I can do better though

Interesting how almost all topics on receiving the MFT upgrade by mail are sleeping... Seems to be true for US and Canada.. Granted not everyone receiving their update will rush to this forum to report but I would think out of more than Ā½ million Edge owners a few would? We're into the 6th week of mailing, supposedly (from March 5th). How long can bulk mail take?

Interesting how almost all topics on receiving the MFT upgrade by mail are sleeping... Seems to be true for US and Canada.. Granted not everyone receiving their update will rush to this forum to report but I would think out of more than Ā½ million Edge owners a few would? We're into the 6th week of mailing, supposedly (from March 5th). How long can bulk mail take?

Ā 

Not sure if you saw my post on April 5th regarding the mailing to individuals in Canada. I was told at that time by local management people (after a telephone call or conference call) that mailings would begin (for Canada) to individuals in aprx. 2 weeks from that date which would put it somewhere between the 15th to 20th April.

Hi Everyone,

Ā 

Just thought I'd share the email response I've just received following a disgruntled email I had sent them on Monday. I'm sure you'll get the idea of what I wrote about, but in short it was just voicing my opinion Canadians getting the short end of the sh1tty stick, with the mailing and Sync Services, or better yet, lack of Sync Services.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

"Thank you for your email in regards to SYNC Gen 2 ā€“ MyFordTouch Performance Upgrade.

Ā 

Our Canadian customers are just as valuable and important to us as any other customers. We, as a company, would love to give the Canadian customer access to the SYNC Services, as it would only help us sell more cars in that part of the world. Unfortunately certain demographic and legal reasons prevent us from implementing the SYNC Services in Canada at this time. But we're working on it, and hopefully this situation will change for the better in the near future.

Ā 

As for the Performance Upgrade situation for the MyFordTouch and MyLincolnTouch vehicles, the mailing of the packets containing the software update and the SD Card, has already began on April 2nd, 2012. The mailing process will continue for the next couple of weeks. I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Ā 

Please feel free to phone us directly, with any questions that you may have about the Performance Upgrade release for Canada, at the following phone number.

Ā 

Dial 888-270-1055 for the IVT (In-Vehicle Technology) Support Center.

Ā 

We are open from Monday - Saturday, 8:30 am - 10 pm, Eastern Time. Sundays 11:30 am until 10:00 pm. Any agent that answers the phone will be able to assist you."

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

To add to the email info, I called the IVT support center again yesterday and was told the same date as above...not like last time. They also told me that I hadn't been mailed yet. They don't know when it will be, only the same "next couple of weeks". They only can only tell once it is mailed as the system gets updated that your mailing date.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Everyone,

Ā 

Just thought I'd share the email response I've just received following a disgruntled email I had sent them on Monday. I'm sure you'll get the idea of what I wrote about, but in short it was just voicing my opinion Canadians getting the short end of the sh1tty stick, with the mailing and Sync Services, or better yet, lack of Sync Services.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

"Thank you for your email in regards to SYNC Gen 2 ā€“ MyFordTouch Performance Upgrade.

Ā 

Our Canadian customers are just as valuable and important to us as any other customers. We, as a company, would love to give the Canadian customer access to the SYNC Services, as it would only help us sell more cars in that part of the world. Unfortunately certain demographic and legal reasons prevent us from implementing the SYNC Services in Canada at this time. But we're working on it, and hopefully this situation will change for the better in the near future.

Ā 

As for the Performance Upgrade situation for the MyFordTouch and MyLincolnTouch vehicles, the mailing of the packets containing the software update and the SD Card, has already began on April 2nd, 2012. The mailing process will continue for the next couple of weeks. I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Ā 

Please feel free to phone us directly, with any questions that you may have about the Performance Upgrade release for Canada, at the following phone number.

Ā 

Dial 888-270-1055 for the IVT (In-Vehicle Technology) Support Center.

Ā 

We are open from Monday - Saturday, 8:30 am - 10 pm, Eastern Time. Sundays 11:30 am until 10:00 pm. Any agent that answers the phone will be able to assist you."

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

To add to the email info, I called the IVT support center again yesterday and was told the same date as above...not like last time. They also told me that I hadn't been mailed yet. They don't know when it will be, only the same "next couple of weeks". They only can only tell once it is mailed as the system gets updated that your mailing date.

I've spoken to a Tech i know at a Ford dealer and he's been told mailing started the 2nd and will run for 2 to 3 weeks

Ā 

You would have thought that if they started mailing on April 2nd someone from Canada on this forum would have received a package by this date. Then again 'snail mail'?

You would have thought that if they started mailing on April 2nd someone from Canada on this forum would have received a package by this date. Then again 'snail mail'?

Ā 

Update: Just got off the phone with Ford and they confirmed that my update had not been mailed and it would be 'several weeks' (couldn't narrow it down) before I would receive my update. They kept apologizing for the delay in mailing to Canadian customers and couldn't (or wouldn't) give a reason for the delay.

Update: Just got off the phone with Ford and they confirmed that my update had not been mailed and it would be 'several weeks' (couldn't narrow it down) before I would receive my update. They kept apologizing for the delay in mailing to Canadian customers and couldn't (or wouldn't) give a reason for the delay.

Ā 

Ā 

From what some of the owners in the USA have posted it looks like their packages don't have any French writing or labeling.

I'm starting to think the "Rumor " I heard from a source inside Ford is starting to have some merit

Ā 

Once a Canadian finally gets a mail copy i'd be interested to see if the packaging is the same, then we will know what the delay really was.

MFTUpdate.jpg

The first one to get the Canadian package and post pictures (with proof it's Canadian, and not dealer) wins. :)

On your mark... get set.....go!!!

Ā 

OK but won't hold my breath !!! :boring:

Ā 

As for the possibility of a French version delaying the shipping, it might be a possibility, but I don't think that in 2012 it should be an issue, after all, all the previous released were bilingual or trilingual ... they already have a working recipe for the screen and voice recognition !

Ā 

And as a French Canadian, as long as they don't use an automated translator such as Google, I can live with it ... so please Ford... ship it !!!