Canadian MFT update

I'm in Kitchener and just chatted with Wielland Ford Service department and she just read the memo about the upgrade and it indicates that the customers will be notified by end March.

The interesting comment from her whether true or not, is that it is DEALER INSTALLED!!! Also, the memo states that it will take 1.5 hours to 2.0 hours.

Is there more in our upgrade?

I'm in Kitchener and just chatted with Wielland Ford Service department and she just read the memo about the upgrade and it indicates that the customers will be notified by end March.

The interesting comment from her whether true or not, is that it is DEALER INSTALLED!!! Also, the memo states that it will take 1.5 hours to 2.0 hours.

Canadian customers are also receiving the DIY kits in the mail so no - it doesn't REQUIRE dealer installation. It's the same as the U.S. version.

Canadian customers are also receiving the DIY kits in the mail so no - it doesn't REQUIRE dealer installation. It's the same as the U.S. version.

That's good news. She was reading the memo on the phone to herself so I'll be watching for the mailman.

I heard a rumor from my dealer that the Canadian version was in the mailroom for dealers and then got held back.

Something about it was missing the bilingual aspect (French) , fix should be done by end of March.

Don't know if the program was missing French or the labeling on the package

Could someone please post when they receive their Canadian version and let me know if the Travel Link options are there again? When I go the car orginally I had the Weather, Gas, Movies, etc. Yes, it was for the States information however I live really close to the border so that was no big deal. When I got the update done (2.11 I think?) it wiped out the ability to even bring up those options. There were no options under the shortcuts to see those anymore. So I'm curious if we will get those shortcut options back?

UPDATE!

I just went onto the Sync my Ride site and it indicated I had a update available. There was yes and no questions which ended up with this If you have NAV, If you do not have NAV, you can download it to your own memory stick and do it yourself.

Unfortunately I have NAV and will have to wait.

post-11517-0-96872000-1331224854_thumb.jpg

UPDATE!

I just went onto the Sync my Ride site and it indicated I had a update available. There was yes and no questions which ended up with this If you have NAV, If you do not have NAV, you can download it to your own memory stick and do it yourself.

Unfortunately I have NAV and will have to wait.

Sweeeeeetttt! I'll be waiting impatiently to get it. I've had a "Home" button ghost overlayed on all my screens for about a week now, I've just been too lazy to pull 29 again to clear it. P.S. I'd highly recommend doing a USB reboot or pull 29 prior to running the update. As with any system, a full restart always helps updates/upgrades run smoother/faster.

HI,

I logged in last night to check and to my pleasant surprise i noticed that the update was available. I also noticed the same as above, it asked if I had nav or not. Currently i don't have nav in my edge, so my question is, what if i tried to apply that update instead of the no nav?. I know the maps need to be on an SD card, which i shouldn't receive in the mail, but it definitely makes me curious if nav could be added with the update somehow.

HI,

I logged in last night to check and to my pleasant surprise i noticed that the update was available. I also noticed the same as above, it asked if I had nav or not. Currently i don't have nav in my edge, so my question is, what if i tried to apply that update instead of the no nav?. I know the maps need to be on an SD card, which i shouldn't receive in the mail, but it definitely makes me curious if nav could be added with the update somehow.

Good question. It's entirely possible you could get the software loaded that way but without a SD card it would be useless and from what we've heard the SD card is specific to each vehicle and can't be swapped around once it's installed.

I read somewhere that the SD cards are "married" to your vehicle too so you couldn't exactly create your own either. I'm not sure if this is true or not but it does possibly open up some possibilities. I think i might be too impatient to wait though, and will probably just end up applying the non nav LOL.

I read somewhere that the SD cards are "married" to your vehicle too so you couldn't exactly create your own either. I'm not sure if this is true or not but it does possibly open up some possibilities. I think i might be too impatient to wait though, and will probably just end up applying the non nav LOL.

I also recall someone saying there was another flag in the system that indicated whether Nav was enabled or not on that vehicle and that it could not be updated via the USB interface. So you may get the software but it won't activate.

Could someone please post when they receive their Canadian version and let me know if the Travel Link options are there again? When I go the car orginally I had the Weather, Gas, Movies, etc. Yes, it was for the States information however I live really close to the border so that was no big deal. When I got the update done (2.11 I think?) it wiped out the ability to even bring up those options. There were no options under the shortcuts to see those anymore. So I'm curious if we will get those shortcut options back?

I downloaded and applied the update. Works fine except I need to wait for the SD car to resurrect my Nav. As I mentioned in another post, I did notice the presence of the TraveLink option, but the details on the display show that I have only the audio subscription; all the others show 'not subscribed'. Just in case, I called Sirius Canada to see if they had a short term plan to activate this for Canadians, as well as the Nav traffic that we saw activated for a few days a couple of weeks back. They had no clue...

You mention "a Canadian version". There is no specifi Canadian version as far as I can tell. There is only one set of satellites broadcasting for North America, so all of the functionality is technically available in all units (except Nav). They (siriusXM US & Can) must send a signal for your specific SID to enable functions, the same way they do when they activate your account.

Awesome, thank you for the update. I was just checking out on Youtube different videos and did a search for myford touch travel link and it states that you must have your Navigation SD card installed for this option to work. Again, I realize that we don't have the actual travel link here in Canada available thru Sirius, but being close to the border I am able to pick up the Weather. Now I'm getting more and more excited for the update to arrive!!!!

Thank you again for the info..... :)

It will be nice to keep this thread going. Because as we all know we do have different issues than the US. Mostly the language issue which may cause a delay (rumor maybe) and we don't seem to be getting the same or as much information from Ford Canada as do our friends from the US, although I must say I got my letter regarding the update in a timely fashion. I am willing to wait for the mail package because I do need the SD Card for the nav. because It's really my only significant complaint, that and a minor complaint about the clock not working the way it should. So please post when anyone from north of the border receives their flash drive and sd card.