MFT 3.02+ Wishlist

Minor, but I wish they'd have left the outside temp somewhere on the home screen.

100% Agree.

Also... maybe I am imagining it, but I think the font used for the Driver/Passenger Temps shown in the lower right when say the Entertainment screen is active... they are SMALL. Seems like they used to be bigger.

I LIKE that when I used my phone and go to the quick dials, I don't get that stupid pop up telling me what the quick dials are. I thought "Duhhhh... not very quick if I have to wait for the pop-up each time."

I would also like to be able to touch the Time readout (clock) and have it change to date the way it used to in older Sync vehicles. Now if you touch it, it brings up the clock settings which are available from the settings menu, not really needed for "quick access via that button".

Just minor gripes... I am VERY happy so far.

Rayo

There is a lot of discussion from Focus owners about losing their ability to set 2 Favorite shortcuts that get tied to specific steering wheel buttons. I haven't seen that discussed here - does the Edge have that feature? Maybe it's only on the Focus.

I thought I read the whole manual and don't recall seeing any feature like that.

There isn't one.

Didn't think so. That explains why that feature disappeared from the Focus - they're going with one version for all vehicles now. Some Focus owners are pissed.

DirecTV took away the ability for me to pause live TV while in the recorded shows playlist. It's software - stuff happens.

Just upgraded this afternoon and only spent about 30 minutes with it so far but it does seem faster and more logical layout. Hate to nitpick but....

Not a big fan of the more grayish gradient they're using on the colors. I liked the brighter category colors better.

I also use my phone/bluetooth to play audio and I think I have to page down to get to that input device.

Would of been nice to have bigger buttons or at least a easier way to adjust speaker settings, I turn more to the back when my son isn't riding back there and its such a pain to try and use it the way it is.

Need a way to set contact pictures when you don't have a supported phone, at least let us put them on the sd card and assign them.

I still want the ability to change the color scheme, at least let it change with the ambient lighting colors. I'm so sick of the blue on the left its too distracting at night. Oh a night mode would be nice, changes to a easy to read high contrast B&W at night.

Browser would be nice if it supports html5 or flash

And I want it to have a open api so we can have people develop apps, a nice pandora or last.fm app would be awesome.

How bout a pause feature from the steering wheel, this is suppose to reduce looking at the screen while driving but if you want to pause you have to or do voice (which takes too long). Pressing Enter on the steering wheel while on the "Now Playing" screen should do play/pause instead of nothing like it does now.

Yeah im a very critical person, :happy feet:

I don't have the new update yet, however 10,000 voice commands and no "redial" command? Also, I wish they would show the actual number that will be redialed in the gauge cluster lcd screen. How am I suppose to remember what is the last number I dialed? Would be nice to have a history redialed numbers in the gauge cluster lcd screen.

Edited by c-plus

.... Would be nice to have a history redialed numbers in the gauge cluster lcd screen.

There is, or maybe it's phone dependant to some extent? On the gauge cluster LCD screen I can call up last number dialed, missed calls, sent calls, rec'd calls - all as phone number lists (however many the screen will display top to botton). This is with a SAMSUNG phone.

There is, or maybe it's phone dependant to some extent? On the gauge cluster LCD screen I can call up last number dialed, missed calls, sent calls, rec'd calls - all as phone number lists (however many the screen will display top to botton). This is with a SAMSUNG phone.

You're right, however it 's too many clicks to get to there. I'm talking about when you are in phone mode, it just says "redial". There. should be last. number dialed underneath. and. be able to scroll down to see history other numbers. Also I don't see why they couldn't add the voice command for "redial".

You're right, however it 's too many clicks to get to there. I'm talking about when you are in phone mode, it just says "redial". There. should be last. number dialed underneath. and. be able to scroll down to see history other numbers. Also I don't see why they couldn't add the voice command for "redial".

You know, I gotta say, I completely agree with you on the redial # showing!!

Didn't think so. That explains why that feature disappeared from the Focus - they're going with one version for all vehicles now. Some Focus owners are pissed.

DirecTV took away the ability for me to pause live TV while in the recorded shows playlist. It's software - stuff happens.

If you'll pause it before you go to your playlist, it should work.

I would like to have a home screen that just has the wallpaper. Maybe its there and I just Cant find it?

You can. Click on home button while you are in the home screen. You then get 3 types of screens. The first is just a wallpaper. The default is the ford logo. You can upload your own.

If you'll pause it before you go to your playlist, it should work.

I know but I'm usually already in the playlist when I decide that I need to pause so I have to exit, pause, then go back. The more annoying part is when you have live tv paused, watch a recorded show then go back to the playlist it automatically unpauses live TV. In the past I could just hit pause again but now I have to exit, pause and go back. It's just annoying. But we digress......

I agree on having the temp and current artist and song on the home screen. The old Focus feature of having steering wheel button shortcuts to 2 Favorites would also be nice.

I'm still hoping for bug fixes.

1. Fix the wind noise for phone calls.

2.Give me the option to use the steering wheel seek to browse all stations. If I want to choose presets I can easily do that from the touch screen. I have no need to seek presets with the steering controls to, leaving no easy way to browse all stations.

3.I can no longer use my phone to make calls, yet it connects and streams music. Are you kidding?

2.Give me the option to use the steering wheel seek to browse all stations. If I want to choose presets I can easily do that from the touch screen. I have no need to seek presets with the steering controls to, leaving no easy way to browse all stations.

I disagree completely. I think most people switch between presets way more often than they browse all stations. In fact I never browse all stations - I just go back and forth amongst my presets. Don't you get at least 12 presets (6 on fm1 and 6 on fm2)?

If your phone doesn't make calls then try un-pairing and re-pairing after resetting the phone by pulling the battery.