Heard From Sirius?

Just curious if others here have been contacted by Sirius yet (for those that have Sirius satellite radio, of course)?

We've had our Edge since the end of May, and haven't been contacted by them yet. The Sirius radio was functional when we took delivery of our car....maybe that's got something to do with it?

Just curious if others here have been contacted by Sirius yet (for those that have Sirius satellite radio, of course)?

We've had our Edge since the end of May, and haven't been contacted by them yet. The Sirius radio was functional when we took delivery of our car....maybe that's got something to do with it?

We bought ours in the end of April and still no word from Sirius either. Maybe they will forget to call and also forget to shut it off after the 6 months is up..

Since you both bought in April and May, I would imagine you'll receive something in the mail from Sirius in September or October. My F-150 came with the 6 months, and I had also hoped that they would forget about it. They had sent me some things in the mail, but nothing warning of a service shut-off. Sure enough, about 6 months to the day I bought my truck, there was no more Sirius. Just a message on my receiver informing me to call the 800 number to activate.

Maybe you guys will catch a break, but I wouldn't count on it. :doh:

Since you both bought in April and May, I would imagine you'll receive something in the mail from Sirius in September or October. My F-150 came with the 6 months, and I had also hoped that they would forget about it. They had sent me some things in the mail, but nothing warning of a service shut-off. Sure enough, about 6 months to the day I bought my truck, there was no more Sirius. Just a message on my receiver informing me to call the 800 number to activate.

Maybe you guys will catch a break, but I wouldn't count on it. :doh:

Nah...I doubt I'll catch a break on that. I'm guessing we'll get something in the mail from them before the 6 months is up, though.

You've got some time to wait. I just got an email Friday from Sirius.

Title: Now's the time to renew your SIRIUS service. It is a reminder that the subscription will end in a few weeks if you don't call them. Mine should end in exactly one week as I bought my Edge in mid-February. I liked it so much I bought the service for my parents' cars also so I already have an online account set up. If you haven't checked out the free online-streaming service it's nice.

Cheers :rockon:

Does anyone know how much the Sirius subscription is after the 6 month trial? I don't want to get used to something and then find out it costs an arm and a leg to continue the service!

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...d=1150907696769

$12.95 per month. $142.45 for a year (one month free).

I wouldn't do anything longer than a year because when the XM merger goes through, they will be offering different pricing plans.

It is my understanding that Ford is paying for 3 years of Sirius.....When I got the Edge on Feb. 28th, Ford was paying for 3 months....then about a month later, the ads started saying 3 years...I think everyone previous got grandfathered in.....

Mel Karmazan (sp) the CEO of Sirius, was on the news recently....if and when the merger goes through, the basic subscription (50 channels) would be $6.99 a month...each extra channel you might want not in the basic package would be 25 cents (that's right ..... 0.25) a month extra....the one exception I heard was, to include Howard Stern, would keep your sub. at $12.95....worth every penny, as far as I'm concerned......I've listened to Howard Stern since he was here in DC in 1981...going to Sirius was the best move he's ever made...the show in 1000 times better in all respects, and very few commercials....say what you want about Howard, but he is the BEST interviewer in all media....sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent....so, anyway, as was stated by the previous poster, it's $12.95 a month, each additional radio you might have is $6.99 a month, and, your subscription also lets you listen to Sirius over your computer via internet for free....there is an enhancement feature for the computer listening which improves the sound quality on the music channels for $2.99 a month, but isn't really needed....I have it, but am switching jobs, and will no longer be able to listen to Sirius at work....

Edited by 7

It is my understanding that Ford is paying for 3 years of Sirius.....When I got the Edge on Feb. 28th, Ford was paying for 3 months....then about a month later, the ads started saying 3 years...I think everyone previous got grandfathered in.....

Has anyone else heard of this???? It seems like too good of a deal, but worth checking into.

• 5 weeks later...

Go figure,

I called today to see what my options were, initially she told me the 'best' deal was the year for $142 and some change, then she said I qualify for a 'discount' bringing the annual subscription to $129.xx. I then said I would opt for the month to month subscritption and she said they do not offer that but since I 'qualified for the discount' I could get a quartely subscription for $27.70 ($29.27 after taxes...).obviously, this is even less than the $129.xx she offered me. I have ZERO idea what this discount was, if it is for people on the fence or people with Fords, she did NOTHING to explain it to me. Anyhow, if you are interested in re-upping your Sirius, hold out for the $27.70 quarterly subscription or even better. Keep us posted.

Go figure,

I called today to see what my options were, initially she told me the 'best' deal was the year for $142 and some change, then she said I qualify for a 'discount' bringing the annual subscription to $129.xx. I then said I would opt for the month to month subscritption and she said they do not offer that but since I 'qualified for the discount' I could get a quartely subscription for $27.70 ($29.27 after taxes...).obviously, this is even less than the $129.xx she offered me. I have ZERO idea what this discount was, if it is for people on the fence or people with Fords, she did NOTHING to explain it to me. Anyhow, if you are interested in re-upping your Sirius, hold out for the $27.70 quarterly subscription or even better. Keep us posted.

Sounds to me like Sirius isn't too proactive in their attempts to "lock in" new Ford vehicle buyers to their programming. If they make no attempt to contact us prior to our six month trial expiration, then just cut off the service...makes no sense to me. Oh, well....just my $0.02 worth.

Go figure,

I got my EDGE in February and there was a packet with a card with the radio number, etc.. Anyway to the meat.... I paid $194. for 2 years and the only other deal offered was $320. something for 3 years...that quarterly price...sounds good....I think it's all in who answers the phone...... :shift: ..........Sr.

While in the "free" period, are you able to register with Sirius online to be able to listen via the internet?

The only option I see on their website is to activate a radio.

Hmmm...good question. Use your "registration" number from the dealer for your radio and give it a try.

I know I couldn't listen online unless I registered.