Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Bumper Protector - Install after Clay Bar or after Wax is applied?

bumper protector clay bar sealant wax

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RAJones

RAJones

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

Not sure if you've installed it yet but, I put mine on before wax. I made sure the bumper was clean and wiped with the alcohol wipes supplied.

One thing I would recommend is to leave both the car and protector in the sun for about 20-30 min before applying. This will help the adhesive (at least for me it did) I had heard a lot of people complain of bubbles or the protector lifting after they install it. I have had it on for over a year. It's been in cold and hot climates and no bubbles, lifting or any other issues.

Also do not stretch when installing just place it from the center and press down outward for it to stick. The other advantage to applying it when it's warm/hot is you have a little bit of time to work with it. Prior to putting on the protector I marked center on the car and protector so once I put it on I did not have to try to move it around at all. Went on extremely easy.

I did not get the factory protector I hear it's a little thin but if it works what the heck. I wanted to protect the top as well as the lip so I opted for a different protector.

Here is the finished product, it's been on for almost a year now with no issues. Just my two cents.

Please tell me where you got that from. That is exactly what I've been looking for since I bought my 2011 a couple years ago.

I need one that covers the EDGE of the rear bumper, something the OEM protector doesn't cover. The edge of my rear bumper is all scuffed up from my dealer (of all people) lifting my tires in and out when I had them do the all-season/winter tire change-over. The paint is completely gone right on the corner, they scuffed it right down to the bare plastic (fiberglass, whatever it is). They swore up and down they didn't do that, but I know it wasn't like that when I took it in.

Edited by RAJones, 31 July 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   normkol

normkol

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

There was a whole thread on this about a year ago.

http://www.fordedgef...tor#entry155836

I got mine on Amazon.

Edited by normkol, 04 August 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   Zazzy

Zazzy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 51 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

...without that giant hunk of bare plastic in the way. 

You gotta watch out for that giant hunk of bare plastic, 'cause it'd be in the way.

LOL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bumper protector, clay bar, sealant, wax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users