New Grille Solution!

There aren't any cans of Plasti-Dip in the garage but I found some 1 1/2" electrical tape. It's not exactly the best stuff on the planet for applying to a piece of trim. However it does allow for a field test of the grill modification. And like PD, it alls comes off easily. If I like it well enough then I can get it painted.

post-32700-0-61669100-1430662990_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out for those dear in your area they jump out at ya hiding in the ditches just waiting. Got mine in New Vienna.

That's a fact!! The everyday drive down Highway 61 into the Jackson and Scott County areas gets littered with carcasses and truck parts. A couple of days ago an older Honda Accord was sitting on the southbound shoulder. The deer was in the median. The Honda lost the grille, radiator and a whole bunch of trim pieces. It was towed away before I drove by the following morning. But you could see the automatic transmission fluid on the ground.

I watched the video of your deer hit. That beast came out of nowhere!! The Orange Crush put up quite a fight. It sure looks good after the visit to the auto body boutique.

Don't you love the welcome sign to New Vienna? It's the "envy" of Iowa. Clever.

Next stop for the grill modification is to order the new primed grill from the dealer. I'm leaning toward painting the two upper bars in gloss black. The lower bar presently left in chrome would be ruby red to match the bumper fascia. The jury is still out on blacking out the DRL area.

• Like 1

Hello All,

Wrapped the top trim using carbon fiber vinyl. I did not take bumper off, simply wrapped all pieces as best I could. The most tedius parts were the trim above the headlights. It took me a while since I wanted the pattern to match from the center trim all the way to the headlight trims. I have to re-do the left headlight trim, since I ended up stretching a bit to much, which distorted the carbon fiber pattern. I also wrapped the ford logo. Overall I think it looks great. Will be doing the back Ford logo sometime this week as well. Vinyl specs on sig.

post-33992-0-84041600-1431534071_thumb.png

Edited by gmfranco88
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Was going to do the wrap, but decided on Plasti-dip instead. Only wanted to do the bottom grill bar. Went on smooth and looks great. It is a simi gloss finish which I like. Cost about $10.00 and will peel off if you don't like it.

20150625_191629%202_zpssj9zhosy.jpg

Edited by Redbow
  • Like 1