New Grille Solution!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BeDevil79" data-cid="95121" data-time="1365638863"><p>

Thanks fishx65, I'm glad I used the vinyl and not the Plasti-dip. I only wanted black - there's already a bit too much white on the front so black helps break it up and match the rest of the car which is all black and white; not quite storm trooped but getting there!</p></blockquote>

Never heard "stormtroopers." I assume mine is that, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Dingo, you have had this on for a couple years now, still look good? I am looking at the carbon fiber version to cover the front chrome/back emblems/possible bumber protector. Is this stuff printed and will wear away? or long term durable. I love the way yours looks and may go that way too. I thought the carbon fiber look would be a different looking accent. let me know.

Ā 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but just bought my metallic wrap and that's it. Haven't had any luck of ford edge owners doing vids of their wrapping. I've seen some other wrapping vids on youtube. My question is I'm wrapping the upper strip on my sport grille and some wrapping vids use primer for the wrap to stick and others just put peel and wrap with heat gun and squeegee. I ordered the 3m 1080 metallic wrap and advice would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but just bought my metallic wrap and that's it. Haven't had any luck of ford edge owners doing vids of their wrapping. I've seen some other wrapping vids on youtube. My question is I'm wrapping the upper strip on my sport grille and some wrapping vids use primer for the wrap to stick and others just put peel and wrap with heat gun and squeegee. I ordered the 3m 1080 metallic wrap and advice would be appreciated.

Ā 

Do not use primer if you ever plan to take this off or are worried you might screw up. Primer, or adhesive promoter, can be very difficult to remove.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of chrome on the front end of the Edge. But I'm not sure of just what method to use to turn it down a notch. But using a photo from the dealer's ad for my Edge and Microsoft Paint it is possible to experiment with some options. Here's the first try:

Ā 

post-32700-0-27040400-1430624016_thumb.jpg

• Like 1