New Grille Solution!

I believe I ordered the 60in x 60in sheet. I had an all chrome grill and wrapped it all including the chrome strip. Pretty much I took a measuring tape and went out to the car and measured the height and width of the entire grill together, then added some extra material just in case. We didn't really goof the install, so the extra material was sent to another forum member to use, but I am glad we had it just in case. We also bought the application squeegee for a $1.99, that was well worth it.

Ā 

My advice is to take a tape measure out to your Edge and measure for yourself just to ensure you get the right amount.

No, I checked my order confirmation and I ordered the 60" x 48" option. It was enough to wrap the whole grill and there was enough extra to fix any mistakes up to the size of a whole chrome section. I also ordered the squeegee with it. It was like 2 bucks and was well worth the money if you don't have one.

No, I checked my order confirmation and I ordered the 60" x 48" option. It was enough to wrap the whole grill and there was enough extra to fix any mistakes up to the size of a whole chrome section. I also ordered the squeegee with it. It was like 2 bucks and was well worth the money if you don't have one.

Ā 

Thanks I will be ordering some today!!!

• 5 weeks later...

if your 2012 sport grille isn't metallic you can tell ford that isn't how it is supposed to be and they should repaint it for you free of charge, that is what they did for me.

Ā 

some 2012's didn't get the metallic paint because of the tsunami and ford wasn't able to get the metallic tint for it.

Edited by c_bova
  • Like 1

I like the gloss black :-) The ones I've seen are gloss black which is weird. The guys online that have had their front plate holders drilled off and used the gloss black hole plugs from pep boys match perfect. Thats so odd that they did it two different ways...... The black sport I looked at wasn't metallic either. Does it depend on the exterior color?

you're wheels are the tuxedo black. they just couldn't get the tuxedo black paint for a short time so none of the grille's or exterior paint themselves were done that way, they were just gloss black. you could just get the gloss black vinyl and it will be fine, but I wanted my grille to have that metallic flake so they repainted it for me and then I used the metallic vinyl and it looks great.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello first post here...just got a 2013 edge 2 days ago, and the chrome grill needs to go.

The edge is tux. black but we have flat black KMC Rockstars on it..

Would you guys reccomend the "Satin" or "Matte" film to match the wheels? I don't think I'm going to go with the "Gloss" or Metallic" options"

Thanks

Edited by ...

• 1 month later...

hey all, good thread... i just bought the 3M vinyl light smoke wrap from the same site, will update on how that goes... as far as the grille wrap is concerned, any suggestion on what wrap to use for a black SEL? would matte be better than glossy - which would match the car paint better? (similar to question above)

Ā 

also... did you just use the squeege or did you also buy the tack/glue from the vendor?

Ā 

thanks!!

I'm planning on wrapping all the chrome grill inserts on my 2011 SEL. For those who have taken them out before, can you pop the wrapped inserts back in after the bumper cover is back on the vehicle? I ask because I may not have time to do it all in one shot, and was planning on removing the bumper, popping the inserts off and reattaching the bumper right away, then reattach the inserts after they are done. Anyone see any issues with this plan?

JEA, As you can see from my pictures I took off my bumper. It is possible to do it all at one time.

It does not take that long to do. When I put the pieces back through the bumper it was nice to see

and make sure the tabs came back all the way through the correct way.

Ā 

Hope that helps. See my pictures below:

post-22789-0-56352700-1349388768_thumb.jpgpost-22789-0-21802400-1349388928_thumb.jpg

post-22789-0-50026700-1349388962_thumb.jpgpost-22789-0-78707000-1349389118_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Thanks,

DBEDGE23

Yes, I'm an idiot and did it at night... lol. I had the 3M for a week or so now and never got around to putting it on. I got out of my car tonight and looked at it and was like fuck it, it's going on now lol. I'm going to wait until day time to do the strips over the lights. I'll post daytime pics tomorrow. I think the black goes nice with the red.

Ā 

post-24226-0-63808400-1350273861_thumb.jpg

post-24226-0-78537100-1350273863_thumb.jpg