Finally done. I've been looking into this for months and finally found someone who could do them and do it right. i took these pictures from my phone real quick but ill clean the car and take some really nice pictures later but for now here you guys go let me know what you think.

and i can't thank asad enough, he did the whole job in less then a day and it turned out great.

PLEASE!!! check out his Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DynamikiLLu51son

hes also a member on the forum: whiteis33

he does some pretty cool custom headlights so go check it out.

post-21861-0-80583000-1339855754_thumb.jpgpost-21861-0-14541200-1339855771_thumb.jpgpost-21861-0-48883500-1339855782_thumb.jpgpost-21861-0-22817300-1339855809_thumb.jpgpost-21861-0-01688900-1339855830_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't really know anything about the plastidip process. I was really kind of just joking. What does the process entail?

On smaller jobs its pretty simple....you clean the surface, maybe add some adhesion promoter and just spray it on. For a bigger project, I'm not quite sure. It's probably similar just being more careful, extra cleaning, better adhesion, and plasti-dip also makes an top coat that you may use also. But its usually a pretty easy process and the best thing is that its removable!

how well did that hold up? Looks like a great job

we had the cobalt dipped for about 8-9 months (all winter and most of summer) and it held up fine through car washes etc. Just remember to do A LOT of layers.. it makes taking off the dip a whole lot easier. I kept the dip on for 1 month on my IS300 (white dip was hard to keep clean)

• 7 months later...

I love your Edge. Are those exact lights available for an 08 Limited model? Also, would the black or chrome lights looks better an a black Edge with the chrome grill? I am thinking of switching it to a black grill and blacking out the Ford decal up front. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The headlights' housings are only available for the second generation edge 11-13, unless you swap the bumper and whatnot on yours. White can do some modifications to your headlights if you message him on his FB page. The link can be found somewhere in the thread.

There's plenty of guys that have wrapped their grilles with stuff from metrorestyling.com and, unless you're using plasti-dip, I believe the emblem has to be made or is only available as an overlay.

Mike what do you have for mirrors on your Edge. Mine has small mirrors. Going from an F250 with the big tow mirrors my only complaint with my edge is the tiny mirrors. I don't want huge mirrors cuz it would look ugly but a little bigger would be nice.

You can get 2011 Mirrors, they are bigger but you lose the led turn signals (if yours has them).

• 1 month later...