New MFT Update coming?

Some of you may have already noticed that the Andriod App for Ford's MFT system got an update a few days ago. Lo and behold, the outside temperature is back on the center screen. This issue is being discussed on Ford Sync's "Owner to Owner" forum where I found this statement by a moderator:

Hey, everyone!

As mentioned above, the MFT Guide is utilized as a dealer-training tool. We're looking to bring the Outside Air Temperature Display back to the touch screen as a customizable option, which is why it is currently showing on the recently updated Android app. This feature will be available in a future MyFord and MyLincoln Touch update, but release timing has yet to be determined. Please continue to check the forum periodically for more information on this topic.

Mike

The entire thread can be found here: http://boards.syncco...syncmb&tid=5587

If this has been mentioned elsewhere here on our forum, I do apologize.

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

Was just at the SMR site and noticed the following notice, wonder if the update will follow.

Please note: SYNC Owner will NOT be available beginning

Tuesday, June 26, 10:00 PM to Wednesday, June 27, 6:00 PM (EDT).

Based on history, chances are that the outage is not related to an update.

I wonder if the update will address any other issues beside the outside temp.

Possibly a few tweeks to get it to work more smoothly with iOS 6?

Possibly a little "SIRI" stickers to put on the steering wheel's voice button? <<joke>>

It is interesting on the iPad app that when you touch the time on the home screen, it looks like the next screen will allow us the option of having the temp displayed or not. So they didn't just put it back, but they put an option to have it or not.

Also, the home screen quadrant lines seem more pronounced.

I just want App Link in MFT to work the way it does in the Focus. Have I mentioned that? :hammer_self:

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

• 2 weeks later...

The hardware is the same with the exception of the steering wheel controls...or at least that is what I read somewhere. Still don't know why they couldn't just replace whatever the buttons do with voice commands.

Before I purchased my 2011 2 years ago, Ford was saying that app link will be coming real soon to MyFord Touch. At that time, it was just a software update. No new buttons needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...