Fuel Economy -- 2 MPG Increase

Cellbine

So, I have been checking my MPG in the last week and it has increased by at least 2MPG! Want to know the secret? We found out a few weeks ago that my wife is pregnant! So I have been really trying to drive safely and defensively. Its our first child, so its a little scary but I think this is going to be great! Anyways, I just wanted to shout that out. If you don't like this mod, then you can avoid it by being celibate or using the protection mod. //thatisall

• Like 1

Hey congrats and enjoy the journey. It can be crazy at times...she will usually be...but it is pretty freaking cool. Definitely recommend getting a 3D ultrasound too. My wife has RA so she was getting ultrasounds almost every week and 3D's every time. Was so cool to see the transformation and it is pretty crazy that you can see what their face looks like before they come out. Again, congrats and best of luck.

The 3d is pretty neat! Had one 4 years ago for our son. You'll be very surprised how much they resemble the 24 week photo when they first pop out!

Ā 

Best of luck cellbine!

Ā 

My driving habits COMPLETELY changed after having our kids. Took me 30 minutes to get home from the hospital (which is less than 10 minutes from our house) the day we drove home with the first :)

Thanks everyone!

Ā 

Hey congrats and enjoy the journey. It can be crazy at times...she will usually be...but it is pretty freaking cool. Definitely recommend getting a 3D ultrasound too. My wife has RA so she was getting ultrasounds almost every week and 3D's every time. Was so cool to see the transformation and it is pretty crazy that you can see what their face looks like before they come out. Again, congrats and best of luck.

Ā 

It would be awesome to see that transformation every week, especially in 3D. I'm not sure if they have that here at the military medical facility or not, but I'm definitely going to ask about it.

Ā 

Congrats! Back in the early 80's I spent 4 years in Germany, most of the time along the East German border. I was single, beer and women were cheap with a 3-1 exchange rate, and I drove an old beemer, often as fast as it would go on the autobahn.

Ā 

I wish the exchange rate was still like that! This is my second tour here now, so I have also spent 4 years in Germany. The autobahn seems crazy, but I really want to take the Edge out to the Nuremberg ring.

Ā 

The 3d is pretty neat! Had one 4 years ago for our son. You'll be very surprised how much they resemble the 24 week photo when they first pop out!

Ā 

Best of luck cellbine!

Ā 

My driving habits COMPLETELY changed after having our kids. Took me 30 minutes to get home from the hospital (which is less than 10 minutes from our house) the day we drove home with the first :)

Ā 

Honestly, I am still researching this whole process lol. I had no idea that you could see the face before they are delivered. That's really cool. I totally understand how your driving changed. I feel like I'm going to do the same thing as you did!

I am sure they have the 3D, it seems like a normal diagnostic tool they use. Most of my friends here had at least one done and they weren't under special observation. But yeah it was really cool, we knew from 2 days. So we have ultrasounds from lima bean stage right up to a week before delivery.

Are you planning to find out the sex of the baby? My wife and I didn't want to know for both our children. We wanted that as lifes little surprise.

Ā 

If you don't want to know, let the tech know before hand. Not so important at first but obviously later in the term when it will show up on the screen.

Ā 

Best wishes.

Are you planning to find out the sex of the baby? My wife and I didn't want to know for both our children. We wanted that as lifes little surprise.

Ā 

If you don't want to know, let the tech know before hand. Not so important at first but obviously later in the term when it will show up on the screen.

Ā 

Best wishes.

Ā 

Yes we are planning to find out the sex. We would die waiting to find out lol. But we will remember your advice if we change our minds =)

Ā 

Ā 

• Congrats.

Ā 

Thanks!

Yes we are planning to find out the sex. We would die waiting to find out lol. But we will remember your advice if we change our minds =)

Ā 

We ended up wanted to know because I knew my wife. She would have pretended to be OK with a gender neutral room but I was sure once the kid was out I would be doing it again wasting more time and money. In the end it is personal preference but the way we looked at it was either way you had a surprise, just that one way it is revealed earlier.

Our first son was a surprise, and what a surprise it was. We brought him home to a green nursery.

Our first car seat was a Graco Snugride 35. 1 base in each vehicle. It makes it so much easier to put the little one in the seat, then click them into the base. Once he out grew that car seat, he was too long before he got too heavy, we bought a pair of Britax Marathon 70s. But here is my number one recommendation. Buy a cool looking (black, not flashy) diaper bag. Unless you can a) handle walking around with some awful Coach looking leather by with pink accents or B) have your wife do all the hauling.

But here is my number one recommendation. Buy a cool looking (black, not flashy) diaper bag. Unless you can a) handle walking around with some awful Coach looking leather by with pink accents or B) have your wife do all the hauling.

I'm pretty sure there are some kickass diaper bags out there! Ill definitely have to find one.

Ā 

don't worry the money u save on gas will be spent on kid stuff

Hahahaha, Noted.

• 5 weeks later...