Opinions on hood deflectors..

Ungo

Going to pick up a hood deflector soon but still deciding which one I want. My choices are pretty much AVS, EGR, Weathertech, or a stock Ford one. After a search on the forums I saw a picture of the AVS and EGR hood deflectors and they look almost the same to me. Also, I saw when looking at the AVS deflectors you have the choice between a wrap around and non-wrap around.

What is everyones opinion on which deflector looks best?

I think the wrap around AVS is installed by taping it to the hood which I'm not to crazy about. I have not seen a hood deflector on a 2011+ but I would guess that the rubber weatherstrip that seals the front of the hood super tight would have to be removed. I had a AVS Bugflector 2 on my 2010 but I think a strip of the clear bra stuff is the way to go on the newer Edge's.

I have a hood Protector from the Ford dealer installed when I picked up my 2012 Blue Edge, looks great and I really don't get many bugs on my windshield. The hood has a sharp slope and deflects most bugs. I have lost a few bug deflectors in the past due to car wash driers. The hood protector mounts directly to the hood with 2 sided tape

I just put on the AVS Bugflector 2 on and I think it looks really good (esp. since the Edge is black).

Went on very easy. You just remove 4 pins that hold in the rubber seal, then sandwich the bugflector between the hood and the rubber seal. They provide 4 new plastic set screws to keep it in place, no tape needed. Very easy, looks good too. I'll get some pics up soon. I think the AVS and EGR are the same darn thing, they look a whole lot alike.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with Mooshin....please don't. You can clean the windshield. I've owned my edge for a year and not one hood nick. It is just so flat it doesn't take hits. The windshield does but not the hood. It's just not worth taking away from the sweet lines on the front of the Edge to go and ruin that with an ugly deflector..U G L Y...you ain't got no alibi. Uh huh. :heartbreaker:

• 2 weeks later...

I just put on the AVS Bugflector 2 on and I think it looks really good (esp. since the Edge is black).

Went on very easy. You just remove 4 pins that hold in the rubber seal, then sandwich the bugflector between the hood and the rubber seal. They provide 4 new plastic set screws to keep it in place, no tape needed. Very easy, looks good too. I'll get some pics up soon. I think the AVS and EGR are the same darn thing, they look a whole lot alike.

Our EGR hood shields is not the same thing as the other brands mentioned.

We manufacture these here in the good old USA.

As a matter of fact we also manufacture the acrylic sheet used to produce these so as you can guess we control 100% of the process from concept to packaging.

Perfect fit and finish are just one of the perks of being a Tier 1 OEM supplier! Our retail customers get the same quality the OE's!

One common misconception for our product is the Bug Guard term. Our hood products are actually branded as hood shields. The design and shape is more aerodynamic that some of the taller bug guards you see

Our shields primary function is to protect the nose of the hood from rocks and other debris. It also attaches with clips for a no drill/ tape installation.

Here are a couple of studio shots up close long with profile shots so you can see how streamlined it is.

457363_305379462881266_728230053_o.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg

EGR: Is tinted the only way to get the hood deflectors? If not, what are the options?

We have 3 different styles for the Edge.

Aerowrap- Acrylic Capped ABS Plastic in Solid Black

Superguard- Smoked Transparent Dark Acrylic (shown above)

Chrome- Bright Chrome Finish

Hi EGR USA,

I'm not sure if you'll know, but do Ford dealers in Canada sell the EGR hood deflector pictured above? Or would I need to go to a different authorized dealer?

Not to dealerships in Canada. However if you type in your postal code in the dealer locator, you can find your nearest authorized EGR dealer.

I can't find anybody who has the EGR 303351 in stock. None of their online retailers and nobody local.

Suggestions? Are they just temporarily out of stock?

Peace,

DM

DM,

Sorry about that. I just checked my inventory here and I have plenty on they shelf. Not sure why our online dealers would say no stock, since we can fulfill their order if their warehouse has no inventory. I will have to have a chat with them about that. PM me what dealers told you it was out of stock.

You can always order online via our checkout here http://egrusa.com/lookup.html?XYZ=&hidEngine=false&hidVehicle=true&hidSearch=false&hidBrand=false&tSearch=303351

Thanks

EGR USA

• 7 months later...