Sync My Ride shows new updates available

Did the update this morning. Took about 50 minutes. So far so good. MFT finally receives and reads my texts again.

Was pretty impressed with how quickly the new NAV SD card was shipped. Left Memphis at 10 PM at night and I haKimId it at my door in Canada at 2 PM the next day.

What phone are you using?

OK, I got the new A4 updated SD card for my 2013 Limited with nav. I am holding off on getting the update installed or installing it myself until I read about more successful installs without more bugs. The card was sent through Sync My Ride where I filled out a form on line to have it mailed.

Today was the first time I've driven in the past week, and I installed just the new A4 card since it is an update from the A3. My nav responded by saying it couldn't read the card and to insert a different one, or something like that. Reinserted the A3 and everything was OK. Tried the A4 and got the same fail notice.

Apparently the A4 card will only work if I install the new 3.5.1 update along with the card? I'm currently running 3.2.2

Yes. A4 SD Card works on the 3.5.1 update. It is a simple process to do the update, just remember it will take around 45-60 minutes and your engine must remain running the whole time. You can drive it while installing the update, but you won't be able to use the screen or Audio.

Remember to do a Master reset before and after the update.

I will have to find the TSB which was released and contained the link to the 3.5.1. In it there were directions to do a master reset before the update. Many also do the master reset when finished to clear up a few bug issues.

Here's the link to the Ford TSB regarding the 3.5.1 update. Page 2, step 2, specifically says to do a Sync Master Reset and gives instructions how to do it. This is before installing the 3.5.1 to the vehicle. It does not say anything about a master reset after the install, but some owner's are doing one to clear a bug or two which appeared after the install.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf

EDIT-Sorry omar302, I just now saw you had already posted the link for the TSB after my one post mentioning the master reset.

Edited by ls973800

Hoping someone can help. I get an error message when it reads my card. This is the card from Ford. I read above about maybe needing another update to get it to read this update. I've never updated before but found a A3 Card in the slot when I just went to insert the A4 card. Not sure if it's from the dealership or factory. How do we get this other update (if that's what I need)? Thanks!!!

Hoping someone can help. I get an error message when it reads my card. This is the card from Ford. I read above about maybe needing another update to get it to read this update. I've never updated before but found a A3 Card in the slot when I just went to insert the A4 card. Not sure if it's from the dealership or factory. How do we get this other update (if that's what I need)? Thanks!!!

Yes, that will happen if you tried using the A4 nav card without having updated the system to the 3.5.1 version. I tried the same thing and had to put the A3 card back in for the nav to work. A4 will work after you install the 3.5.1

You can go to the Sync My Ride site and download the correct update from there, go to the link I posted in reply #14 and download the update from there (it also gives good instructions of how to install the update), or you can go to Ford and ask them to do it. There is no charge for the new A4 card or the update even if done at Ford.

Just curious, how did you obtain an A4 card without knowing about the update?

Log into your acount http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/LandingPage/ManageSync.aspx then click on Sync updates. If you see an update mentioned under Sync Updates, download to a USB drive and upgrade MFT. Once you complete the installation replace your A3 SD card with the A4 SD card and update Sync My Ride site. Note, you'll receive an email telling you to update SMR after updating MFT.

Are you guys finding this update to take long time to download to your USB drive? I am downloading it now and it looks like is going to take about three hours.

Seems like your US Robotics 14.4k modem is crapping out on you!

Shouldn't take that long, my download took just a few minutes. Maybe you got on a slow port or everyone in your neighborhood is online right NOW.

You can always cancel and try again. Maybe this entire forum is d/l the same update as I type this.

I just ordered the new A4. But I don't have 3.5 installed. Do I install 3.5 the same way I installed 3.2 a few months ago? I thought I updated to 3.5 a few months ago, but SMR only shows 3.2. I'm not much into all this stuff.

Last time I went to Walmart, bought their cheapest SanDish storage device, downloaded the update to the computer, and them loaded it onto my new empty storage device. Then loaded it into car.

So I thought I would try to use the same storage device. When I tried to "empty" it (delete old download), it said not to do that because data was shared with Sync My Ride.

Can I go ahead and delete the old data from storage disk (3.2 is only thing on it) and use it for the down load, use it as is....plenty of storage left, or should I just go get a new one? They don't cost much.

Edited by RJG