My first mod.. Daytime Brightlites

Just wanted to post up my first mod to my Edge. I loved the look of the side lights and that's what drew me to the edge to begin with but just couldn't step up to a model that had them at this time so I bought a set of Daytime Brightslites from Dan on this site. I love them and very easy to install. Don't know how long it took me to put them in I didn't keep track, actually putting in the lights was very simple as well as the wiring it just me longer to do that side of the install due to the fact I'd run the wire and then decide I didn't like the way it looked and then would run it a different way so that part of the install took me some time, plus most time I over think things LOL Just wanted to say if your thinking of buying these GO FOR IT. I went with Option 5 Version 1 for my SE

Cruiser

post-25368-0-29200800-1358697216_thumb.jpg

post-25368-0-81395300-1358697242_thumb.jpg

post-25368-0-08967700-1358697254_thumb.jpg

King... The kit comes with everything you need for a very clean install. Lights w/wiring, module, wire ties (which I ran out of very quickly but I over did it) and a very clear set of instructions. There are several different options to chose from depending on what you want and which car your putting them on, as I said earlier I have the SE version Edge. I highly recommend them and dealing with Dan was a breeze, he answered all my questions and they have a 100% satisfaction.

WWW... All I have on my Edge for headlights are the Projector Beam Halogen or just plain stock for the Edge SE. I will have to admit that I get a lot of people flashing their headlights at me thinking I have my high beams on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Lights look great! I love my DTBL DRLs too! They are one of my favorite mods from Dan.

On the topic of HIDs, if you don't want lights that are unbelievably bright, you can get 35w HIDs. One of the good things about HIDs is that you can color match them better to match your new DRLs. I think the DTBLs are 5000k temp and you can get HIDs that are the same temp. Just a nice feeling when everything looks like they were installed together.

Your Edge is looking sharp and I hope you have fun installing more mods!

King... The kit comes with everything you need for a very clean install. Lights w/wiring, module, wire ties (which I ran out of very quickly but I over did it) and a very clear set of instructions. There are several different options to chose from depending on what you want and which car your putting them on, as I said earlier I have the SE version Edge. I highly recommend them and dealing with Dan was a breeze, he answered all my questions and they have a 100% satisfaction.

WWW... All I have on my Edge for headlights are the Projector Beam Halogen or just plain stock for the Edge SE. I will have to admit that I get a lot of people flashing their headlights at me thinking I have my high beams on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Just to clarify, are they flashing their lights at you when you were only driving with your low beams on? Or are they flashing now that you also have the DTBL additional lights on?

ls973800... getting flashed with my low beams on before I installed DTBL, just installed the DTBL yesterday afternoon and haven't driven in the dark yet with them so we shall see if it increases what on coming drivers think.

Cellbine.... I did notice the difference in color and I don't think I have the HID's just what ever came stock from Ford in my 2013 Edge SE. Forgive my ignorance in the difference all that is listed on the window sticker is the Projector Beam Halogen headlights. If I had anything bad to say would be the fact that they are different colors with the LED's vs the Halogen lights but that's all and it's small.

Wow Cruiser, your Edge looks great and the photos really captured the look of my lights, even better than most of the photos I have taken. Looks like I will be adding some new pics to my customer reviews page on my website. I don't have the time to comment on eveything, but will in the near future. I just have to say thank you for the kind words cruiser & cellbine. You guys were great working with too. Two things before I go. First, click on my signiture banner to go to my website and second, here's a new video I took of a side-by-side comparison of two Edges. The one on the left has the stock accent lights and the one on the right has my Ption 3 DRLs with the OFFSET light pipe, like Cruisers.

Edited by kc300c

Dan, I clicked on that link to see the pictures, but it opens and says I must create a channel to view it.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the DRL's for my 2013, but with some of your posts over the last week or two I'm holding off to see what else you are putting together. There was talk about one with turn signals?

Thanks, Steve

Thanks for pointing out the problem with my YouTube link. I think I fixed it. I edited my earlier reply, but here is as well. BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE VIDEO TO OPEN IT UP TO FULL SCREEN.

As for the turn indicator version, we are ironing out the final details on the controller circuitry and wiring. Hoping to have it ready for production in the next few weeks.

Edited by kc300c

I have the Sport so I don't need the whole set up, but I love the black lights...

I'm hoping I'd just be able to order the black light covers instead of the white that come stock, would go great with my black and red headlights.... My only worry would be if the factory lights in the strips would be enough to be viewable through a black cover.... Hmm....

I have the Sport so I don't need the whole set up, but I love the black lights...

I'm hoping I'd just be able to order the black light covers instead of the white that come stock, would go great with my black and red headlights.... My only worry would be if the factory lights in the strips would be enough to be viewable through a black cover.... Hmm....

King... I don't know if your talking about my first pic or not but it is a pic of the car in stock form with the plastic black inserts, here is a pic of the car with the lights installed without being turned on. Hope this helps.

post-25368-0-85332600-1358988847_thumb.jpg

Hey Edgers!! Cruiser64 that new mod looks killer! I actually didn't know that the SE's came with plastic covers either. That would DEF be the first thing to go on mine LoL. Just wanted to pop in and say that Dan and his are both incredible!! I have the black set of offset DRL light pipes. Installation was cake. He actually went out of his way to send me a few different controllers for my DRL's when the original one went bad after only a few weeks. What an outstanding product and company and person. Really says so much for how a business should run and treat their customers. Cheers to you Dan! Keep it up brotha!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/gallery/image/2787-daytime-brightlites-offset-leds/