73mm BBK throttle body works!!

I ordered part #1822 from BBK. Its an oversize(vs stock 68mm) throttle body that is listed for the 2011+, 3.7L Mustang. Its a direct replacement, 4 bolts and your done. You don't have to swap any parts over, the TB is complete the way it comes. I'm giving this one a double thumbs up!! Immediate difference in the vehicle. Just the "seat of the pants" feeling is huge. They claim 15-20 additional HP, I believe it. Shop around and try to negotiate a better than list price($399.99) Happy hot-rodding!! Bob

• Like 2

I ordered part #1822 from BBK. Its an oversize(vs stock 68mm) throttle body that is listed for the 2011+, 3.7L Mustang. Its a direct replacement, 4 bolts and your done. You don't have to swap any parts over, the TB is complete the way it comes. I'm giving this one a double thumbs up!! Immediate difference in the vehicle. Just the "seat of the pants" feeling is huge. They claim 15-20 additional HP, I believe it. Shop around and try to negotiate a better than list price($399.99) Happy hot-rodding!! Bob

$385 on Amazon w/free ship too.

A TB by itself won't do anything for your Edge in power or fuel economy. For that to work properly you would need to do the CAI and exhaust as well. The TB can pull in more air with the stock air filter as that is only at so many CFM and the TB is rated for more. The exhaust can't push out more CFM either in stock form. I think the power you are feeling is in your head. Don't take that the wrong way, it wasn't meant to be an insult. The TB upgrade is a common mod people do to Mustangs and other sports cars, but you need to upgrade everything to see results.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, the TB was last in a series of modifications. K&N got the intake, Magnaflow got the exhaust, Unleashed Tuning in Fla did the SCT XCalII programs. There is a definate increase in power with all of that. Power is up and if I can drive sensibly, I'll get 19-21mpg. I can go nuts and get 15-17mpg.

Brock, no harm done, I am one of those that thinks things through and I don't waste any money on bullshit. I've been down this road many times already, so I think I know what I'm doing. In other words, if I put $5 into it, I better get $5 plus change back. It's just the way I am. Bob

• Like 3

PS: Bob Yellow, I got a better price than Ebay or Amazon could offer. That price you stated, I saved almost $30 less than that. You gotta call several independent retailers and haggle with them. It's fun to do it that way and watch them squirm a bit. Bob

Edited by Bob C.

Hey everyone, the TB was last in a series of modifications. K&N got the intake, Magnaflow got the exhaust, Unleashed Tuning in Fla did the SCT XCalII programs. There is a definate increase in power with all of that. Power is up and if I can drive sensibly, I'll get 19-21mpg. I can go nuts and get 15-17mpg.

Brock, no harm done, I am one of those that thinks things through and I don't waste any money on bullshit. I've been down this road many times already, so I think I know what I'm doing. In other words, if I put $5 into it, I better get $5 plus change back. It's just the way I am. Bob

Bob, don't mind Brock. You have go realize, he is someone who thought a tuned SHO could beat a Mustang GT lololol.

Bob, question for you, the tune you got, is it a one off? I noticed you've done a few mods already, did they take those into consideration with the tune, or was it just a piggy back on perhaps the 3.7L mustang tune?

• 2 months later...

Manish, Torrie at Unleashed Tuning in Fla. created tunes specific to my modifications. He set me u[p with an 87 octane economy tune, an 87 octane performance tune and a 93 octane performance tune. I run the 93 octane tune and it was like the finishing touch to the mods. Way better acceleration and I still average about 19 - 20mpg. Even with a heavy foot.

• 6 years later...