What do you use to keep tires shiny?

Personally, I find the gels too sticky. Lucas is water based, no petroleum in it, so tires do not discolor/ Bought the new product, WIPE NEW you see advertised on T.V. at Walmart last week. Put it on the lower trim on my wife's MKS, the shit really works. Made the grey cladding a lot darker/richer in color. Now the true test is to see how long it holds up, manufacturer claims 2 years, we'll see.

My problem with tire gels and foams is that once you spray them on.. The vehicle is really clean and all waxed up, the tires are shiny as shit.. The next day, you drive your vehicle.. As soon as you get home, the micro fiber towel comes out and you have to do a wipe down of the entire vehicle because all of the gel/foam slung all over the damn vehicle.. Including the front and back windows.. Once you do that, then it looks good for about a week and is then dull again.

I have used the Meguiars Gold Class Endurance GEL and it works pretty good. Holds up more than the others and the applicator pad that I use, has so much damn gel in it.. I can normally do all 4 tires without putting any new gel on it. The shit slings though, like all others!

I just read the reviews on this and picked a bottle up... I will see how it works, but from the reviews.. You can't go wrong with it. I love that you can use it not only on tires, but trim and "leather"...! That's awesome!

Ā 

I have been looking into "Adams Car Polishes" for a while.. There website/videos seem to be top notch, but haven't ever really heard people talking about them. I am looking into buying a full detail kit.. About 300$ for the total kit.. Inside and Outside cleaners with buckets.

Ā 

I love to make my vehicle look clean. I clean both my 13 Fusion Titanium and my Edge religiously! I am very good and making the vehicle look what I think is the best it can, with Meguiars polishes from Autozone, but apparently.. You can do so much better with professional cleaners/polishes!

I always put slime on the tread when I get to my parking spot at shows.

Ā 

That being said, I use water - based products on the tread and hose them down with degreaser and water before I leave.

Ā 

Is this to prevent them from slinging shit all down the side of your car? I am not even kidding.. I get it everywhere. The shit is on my front bumper, the hood, the windows.. Every damn were. And I put the lightest coating on too.. Even my wife says I am skimping on the Gel! HAHA..

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ā 

Is this to prevent them from slinging shit all down the side of your car? I am not even kidding.. I get it everywhere. The shit is on my front bumper, the hood, the windows.. Every damn were. And I put the lightest coating on too.. Even my wife says I am skimping on the Gel! HAHA..

Ā 

This happens because you're using a shit product.

Ā 

Try Adams Super VRT.

Ā 

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.aspx

Ā 

This happens because you're using a shit product.

Ā 

Try Adams Super VRT.

Ā 

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.aspx

Ā 

God, its funny you say that.. I had a video on my phone of me "Punting" a bottle of that "linked shit, into my street".. It was awful as well... Maybe its because of living in FL were is generally always humid and hot, so nothing really every sets or dries that well.. I've detailed cars for years, I know the amounts to put.. Just seems everything I try, always slings shit everywhere. Including that expensive adams product.

• 1 month later...