2008 Ford Edge Incentives

jamers1

I still don't see that the Ford website has been updated to include the 2008 Edge or it's incentives. The 4th quarter incentives on the 2007 Edge total $2000 for purchase and $1500 for lease. I'd like to see at least $1000 on the 2008 Edge.

I heard $500 on the 2008. Hope it's more. I expect to take delivery of my AWD Limited next week.

I heard $500 on the 2008. Hope it's more. I expect to take delivery of my AWD Limited next week.

If you wanted the big rebate you should have gone for the 07's. If I was FMC I would hold out on the rebates until all the 07's are gone. I bought a 07 two months ago and got the 2K, we are still very happy. My wife doesn't even want to drive my A4 Convert.

pictor

If you wanted the big rebate you should have gone for the 07's. If I was FMC I would hold out on the rebates until all the 07's are gone. I bought a 07 two months ago and got the 2K, we are still very happy. My wife doesn't even want to drive my A4 Convert.

pictor

Unless you want the power lift gate, sync, homelink etc. which are only available on the 2008 Edge.

When your sales are down 21%, there are more considerations for just clearing out 07s like reducing defections.

In any case, I'm excited about getting our new 08 Edge. We love our 07 Edge too!

Unless you want the power lift gate, sync, homelink etc. which are only available on the 2008 Edge.

When your sales are down 21%, there are more considerations for just clearing out 07s like reducing defections.

In any case, I'm excited about getting our new 08 Edge. We love our 07 Edge too!

You can't make up for lost profit by selling an exciting new product that people want at deeply discounted prices. The key to making money is selling cars that people must have. Buying a car for most people has some degree on irrationality built in. The key for financial success is to light the fire so that it doesn't come down to dollars and cents. Anyway, hope you enjoy your Edge when you get as much as we have enjoyed ours so far.

2008 Edge Limited AWD -- 24 month Red Carpet Lease - Rebate = $1000. Took delivery yesterday.

Lots to learn with talking NAV & SYNC. Using thumb drive filled with MP3s with SYNC. Pretty easy.

What a great vehicle.

2008 Edge Limited AWD -- 24 month Red Carpet Lease - Rebate = $1000. Took delivery yesterday.

Lots to learn with talking NAV & SYNC. Using thumb drive filled with MP3s with SYNC. Pretty easy.

What a great vehicle.

What state do you live in? That might explain why you got $1000 and Kontra says $500.

Also did you have to pay an acquisition fee and get 'wear and tear' coverage as part of your lease? In Virginia they add both on to the lease and neither one is cheap.

What state do you live in? That might explain why you got $1000 and Kontra says $500.

Also did you have to pay an acquisition fee and get 'wear and tear' coverage as part of your lease? In Virginia they add both on to the lease and neither one is cheap.

Michigan. No to the aquisition fee and no to wear and tear coverage.

I still don't see that the Ford website has been updated to include the 2008 Edge or it's incentives. The 4th quarter incentives on the 2007 Edge total $2000 for purchase and $1500 for lease. I'd like to see at least $1000 on the 2008 Edge.

Current lease incentinve on the 2008 Edge in KS is $1000. Rate for 36 month lease is 2% and residual for 12,000 miles per year lease is 52%. My dealer has agreed to use invoice as the cap cost figure for the lease with us getting all incentives in place at the time of delivery. My guess is it will be here in early December and December is usually a better incentive month than now for leases or purchases. The last month of the quarter seems to always have the best incentives.

• 1 month later...

Went to the dealer on Friday night. Got offered FWD 08 Limited MSRP $33570 X-Plan 31813.00 - $500 cash, $500 return customer incentive and a $750. coupon that the dealer found in my name in their computer (I owned an F150 in 1992). My 36 month 12Kmile lease payment would be aprox. $390. the lease finance % is 1.5. This a good deal?

Edited by Edgieguy

• 1 month later...

The new incentives on EDGE are $1750 dealer cash for leases and $2000 dealer cash on a purchase. These are good through 3/31/08. As my dealer pointed out, if you order a car, you can not lock in the incentives that are out now. If the car were to come in AFTER 3/31 (not likely if you ordered right away) you would get whatever incentives are new. I decided on black with black leather interior, so I think I can find a dealer trade and won't have to wait.

Test drove it yesterday, dealer is offering me a fully loaded LIMITED $500 over invoice. I think I'm going to pull the trigger!!

Hi everyone. :D I know the previous poster re-upped this older thread, but since they did, I though I should add this caveat: Incentives can and will vary in different regions of the country. So no single amount will necessarily hold true in two different regions.

I just don't want anyone going into a Dealership thinking they know the correct information, when they do not.

Good luck! :beerchug:

current official Ford Edge incentives can always be found here: http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/offers/ (I have seen them stay on top of updating this page... I have seen it change as much as 3 times over 3 days.. but stable now).

Also, on the Ford > Edge > Build You Own Vehicle page are specific incentives to your region. For example, when I hit that page I get a banner at the top that says "SAN DIEGO COUNTY FORD DEALERS SPECIAL OFFERS" - so one would assume this would be true for your region and FWIW they line up with the above links incentives...

Edited by Lex Talionis

The new incentives on EDGE are $1750 dealer cash for leases and $2000 dealer cash on a purchase. These are good through 3/31/08. As my dealer pointed out, if you order a car, you can not lock in the incentives that are out now. If the car were to come in AFTER 3/31 (not likely if you ordered right away) you would get whatever incentives are new. I decided on black with black leather interior, so I think I can find a dealer trade and won't have to wait.

Test drove it yesterday, dealer is offering me a fully loaded LIMITED $500 over invoice. I think I'm going to pull the trigger!!

something odd about the listing of incentives at the website.. when you mention $2000 cash for purchase... read what I posted on the below thread the other day as it does not seem like $2000 cash as I read it to be... it seems 1500$ and then they do mention $500 more BUT when you read the print, that is if you use Ford credit or Lease... so it is whacky...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=13576

something odd about the listing of incentives at the website.. when you mention $2000 cash for purchase... read what I posted on the below thread the other day as it does not seem like $2000 cash as I read it to be... it seems 1500$ and then they do mention $500 more BUT when you read the print, that is if you use Ford credit or Lease... so it is whacky...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=13576

Don't confuse cash rebates with paying cash. Regardless of how you finance the vehicle you are either buying it or leasing it. Each has separate incentives. If you purchase the vehicle, you get certain cash rebates. In your case $1500. If you decide to finance the vehicle with Ford Credit you get an additional $500 rebate. If you finance it somewhere else or pay cash you don't get the extra $500. It's that simple.

Don't confuse cash rebates with paying cash. Regardless of how you finance the vehicle you are either buying it or leasing it. Each has separate incentives. If you purchase the vehicle, you get certain cash rebates. In your case $1500. If you decide to finance the vehicle with Ford Credit you get an additional $500 rebate. If you finance it somewhere else or pay cash you don't get the extra $500. It's that simple.

now there is a post that actually shed some light on my confusion.... which was, I never considered financing 'somewhere else' - given the rates they offer, which are pretty unbeatable if you qualify and do short finance like I would (unless I pay cash straight out) - I only assumed in my head financing with them. so, could not understand how they put 1500 PLUS+ 500 and then caveat the 500 with 'Ford' credit or lease - because they naturally want you to use Ford credit (or lease) versus a 3r party and will extend you an extra $500 for doing so. got it.

also of interest, to me, and good or bad depending on the timing of when my car comes in is that from December sometime until 1.8.08 it was $1000 cash, and then the next day on 1.9.08 they extended that and had 1000 same offer until 3/31/08, but then the very next day on 1.10.08 it changed to 1500 but they date rolled back to 1.31.08 - so, several shifts in 3 days time and the last trend shows an increase in cash back rebate on the last change, but a decrease in the time to do it... so come 2.??.08 - who knows what it might be. could be even higher rebate (given all the announcements of their financial troubles with Detroit's Auto Show going on right now) or roll back to lesser amount... argh

I never finance with the dealership. I get better rates with my credit union. If they offer cash or APR I take the cash and usually get close to the same APR at my CU. On my Fusion I did take the $500 Ford credit cash and financed with them at a higher APR, waited one month and then refinanced with the CU.

If you think of Ford credit as being a separate entity, they're just buying your business.

in looking at my local CU's interest rates and my personal banks... no one at this moment can touch a 1.9-3.9 type range (1.9 I hope for me IF I even finance as I have solid credit reports). best I see is 5-7% from these two on just generic listings on the sites, so not sure f they even do better than posted loan rates.

seems my decision will be made when my car comes and I find out exact rates and exactly what I qualify for and what current cash rebates are and then I will decide if I finance or straight buy out. as others have pointed out.. you cannot lock anything in with Ford until the day the car is sold.

in looking at my local CU's interest rates and my personal banks... no one at this moment can touch a 1.9-3.9 type range (1.9 I hope for me IF I even finance as I have solid credit reports). best I see is 5-7% from these two on just generic listings on the sites, so not sure f they even do better than posted loan rates.

seems my decision will be made when my car comes and I find out exact rates and exactly what I qualify for and what current cash rebates are and then I will decide if I finance or straight buy out. as others have pointed out.. you cannot lock anything in with Ford until the day the car is sold.

If they're not offering a cash rebate alternative then yes, those are great rates. My CU is offering the following rates:

24 - 3.99

36 - 4.50

48 - 5.20

60 - 5.70

I threw the dealer a bone and let them finance me at a higher rate (assuming they get a spiff) with Ford Credit, I took the additional $500 rebate then refinanced it a month later. Win/win.

Whenever I buy a vehicle or any big purchase for that matter I annalyze all the options and go with the most financially advantageous option. I've used banks, credit unions, dealer financing, took rebates, took the low APR's, paid cash or whatever was the best option. I have a finance background and education so I can do the analysis on my own but if your not comfortable there are several websites that allow you to compare finance options. I can't name any off the top but if you do a search you'll find them. Many of the home finance software programs like Quicken or Money will do the same. Most of these allow you to compare two or more options with varying APR's, varying amounts paid down, rebates, etc.

Remember that there are national incentives and local incentives. Just because someone in another zip code got $XX cash back, etc. does not mean it is offered in your area. Local dealer organizations can put additional cash on vehicles in their market, so what I see in Atlanta might not be offered in Nashville.

When discussing incentives, always ask if there are any local incentives or special association incentives for which you might be eligible. Sometimes AARP, employeers, various suppliers have an added kicker. The incentive system is VIN specific and your salesperson will likely have to ask the sales manager to check the vin on the vehicle you are looking at for any additional incentives. (First 2 and last 8 of the VIN.) :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

Can you combine local and national offers or is it one or the other? It seems our local (Charlotte, NC) dealers are offering 1500 plus free Sync '08's. There are other offers for 1500 retail cash back listed as well. We are taking delivery of our 08 limited tomorrow and wanted to know if these offers are individually exclusive or if they can be combined. It says online that cash back offers can be combined but I want some confirmation.

Thanks

Can you combine local and national offers or is it one or the other? It seems our local (Charlotte, NC) dealers are offering 1500 plus free Sync '08's. There are other offers for 1500 retail cash back listed as well. We are taking delivery of our 08 limited tomorrow and wanted to know if these offers are individually exclusive or if they can be combined. It says online that cash back offers can be combined but I want some confirmation.

Thanks

They can be combined however I think the $1500 rebate is the same national rebate and free Sync is the local rebate that gets added for a total of $1900. I don't think there are two different $1500 rebates but you can check with the dealer to be sure. At least that's what it showed for me when I did a build today.