Official Ford Service Representative

FordService

Hi folks!

My name is Todd and I’m your brand new U.S. Ford Customer Service representative. smile.png

My primary role here will be to answer any questions you may have about newer models, to assist with vehicle concerns, and to track any vehicle orders you may be placing. I am in the office 11:30 a.m until 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If I need to be out of the office (illness, holidays, etc.) I’ll be sure to post out-of-office messages.

Generally speaking, I’ll keep my eyes open for any relevant discussion and jump in publicly to assist whenever possible. If you have something you want to talk to me directly about, feel free to send me a PM. The only time I’ll ask you to reach out privately is when I’m looking for personal information, but I’ll make sure you all know what to send over if and when that time comes.

Some items that I probably won’t be able to help with include: older/high-mileage vehicles, details about future vehicles that aren't yet made public, vehicle modifications, and questions/concerns about in-vehicle technology.

I’m excited to finally be here as part of this community and I’m looking forward to speaking with you all soon!

Todd

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, Todd! I am sure many, many questions are eagerly awaiting being asked :) There are a few long-running concerns with the Edge in general, as you may have picked up while browsing this forum. I know you said older/high-mileage vehicles probably not your "forte", but still I would like to put these issues out there:

1. PTU seal leaks

2. PTU fluid exchange interval

3. Electronic Throttle Body Failure

4. Door Latch/Switch Failure

5. ECM burning up ignition coils

to name a few. These are an ongoing source of frustration among us Edge owners. While we generally love our vehicles, attention paid by Ford to these commonly occurring issues would be quite welcome.

Welcome aboard, Todd! I am sure many, many questions are eagerly awaiting being asked :) There are a few long-running concerns with the Edge in general, as you may have picked up while browsing this forum. I know you said older/high-mileage vehicles probably not your "forte", but still I would like to put these issues out there:

1. PTU seal leaks

2. PTU fluid exchange interval

3. Electronic Throttle Body Failure

4. Door Latch/Switch Failure

5. ECM burning up ignition coils

to name a few. These are an ongoing source of frustration among us Edge owners. While we generally love our vehicles, attention paid by Ford to these commonly occurring issues would be quite welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome, WWWPerfA_ZN0W! I'm eagerly awaiting these inquiries; I'll do my best to assist using all available resources.

Todd

Always the skeptic I was going to ask ... service from a dealer .. or from the manufacture ? .. and then I saw your location .. but still I have to ask ... Ford manufacture service rep ?? WOW.

That being asked... WELCOME to forums Todd ! :victory: It will be a breath of fresh air to get a "from the horses mouth" info versus semi informed, well meaning, opinions.

There are may very good ideas that Ford could have taken from sites likes ours that would have, could have gone a long way in further boosting their image.

Welcome Todd!

Thanks, akirby! I look forward to working with everyone.

Always the skeptic I was going to ask ... service from a dealer .. or from the manufacture ? .. and then I saw your location .. but still I have to ask ... Ford manufacture service rep ?? WOW.

That being asked... WELCOME to forums Todd ! :victory: It will be a breath of fresh air to get a "from the horses mouth" info versus semi informed, well meaning, opinions.

There are may very good ideas that Ford could have taken from sites likes ours that would have, could have gone a long way in further boosting their image.

Hey Taycon,

There's nothing wrong with a small dose of skepticism. Wasn't it John Dewey who defined skepticism as "the mark and even the pose of an educated man?" I'm eager to hear your ideas and pass them along as I'm able to.

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum :hi5:

Thanks, robertlane. :victory:

Todd

welcome! 2 questions, why did the Edge sport not come with HIDs? and also why did they not design it better so inside the door doesn't get so filthy from rain and snow?

Hi c_bova,

I'd like to assure you that our design team and engineers took great care in developing the Edge. I encourage you to share your thoughts here at Ford Social, which is periodically mined for ideas.

Thank you for welcoming me so kindly.

Todd

Welcome Todd,

along with te items posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W,

What is the capacity of the ptu,

and is the fill plug on the passenger side of the case, also: almost impossible to access,

is the drain plug on the lower case near the trans drain plug,both tje same size,

thanks Marty

and is the fill plug on the passenger side of the case, also: almost impossible to access,

is the drain plug on the lower case near the trans drain plug,both tje same size,

Marty,

These questions are out of my scope. I've emailed a colleague and I'll let you know when I hear from him.

Enjoy your evening.

Todd

Welcome Todd,

along with te items posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W,

thanks Marty

Hi Marty,

I've spoken to my technical adviser and he has informed me the fluid capacity is 18 oz.. On a level surface this should be to the bottom of the fill plug. If you're unable to access the drain plug, you may use a suction device to take out the fluid.

Hope this helps!

Awesome to have ya on board Todd!!!!!

It's awesome to be here, fishx65.

Todd

Welcome! It's both comforting and exciting to have you here! Hope you find the board to be respectful and inviting! Do you, by chance, own an Edge and have/thinking of modding it? lol

Hi wannabang,

It's great to be here! I personally do not drive an Edge, although many of my coworkers do. If you're worried I won't "know my stuff" if I don't drive an Edge, have no fear. I have access to many resources, including those Edge drivers mentioned previously. :victory:

Todd

Hi wannabang,

It's great to be here! I personally do not drive an Edge, although many of my coworkers do. If you're worried I won't "know my stuff" if I don't drive an Edge, have no fear. I have access to many resources, including those Edge drivers mentioned previously. :victory:

Todd

I wasn't trying to call you out, just wondered if we'd see your car on here with crazy mods and you still bragging about not having voided the warranty :yahoo:

• 5 months later...

Hi Todd, Can you help me?

My 2013 Edge keeps showing Collision Warning Not Available Sensor Blocked error on my dash. What do I need to do to stop it? I do not see anything behind the facia cover near the drivers side of the lower grill area. I called 2 dealers - the one I purchased it from and another Ford service shop in the area and neither one has any idea how to fix it.

HELP ~ I can not fully use my cruise control until I get it fixed.

post-31153-0-07099400-1403288142_thumb.jpg

Edited by Betteh13

Instead of calling the dealerships, I think you will have to take it in and have a mechanic actually take a look at it. I would think it would be very hard to diagnose over the phone unlike other more common mechanical failures. A service rep on this forum can help you set up an appointment, but they would not be able

to tell you what is wrong with it.

It's a 2013 you should still have factory warranty correct? Unless you are over the 36000 mile limits.

• 7 months later...