LOW TIRE PRESSURE "WARNING"

full_jingbang

You need to drive for a while before it goes.a few miles.

From the owners manual of a 2011:

After inflating your tires to the manufacturers recommended inflation pressure as shown on the Tire Label (located on the edge of drivers door or the B-Pillar), the vehicle must be driven for at least two minutes over 20mph (32km/h) before the light will turn off.

Edited by omar302

You need to drive for a while before it goes.a few miles.

From the owners manual of a 2011:

After inflating your tires to the manufacturers recommended inflation pressure as shown on the Tire Label (located on the edge of drivers door or the B-Pillar), the vehicle must be driven for at least two minutes over 20mph (32km/h) before the light will turn off.

I did that,

I drove about 10km since the light suddenly turned ON.

and another 10km in the afternoon, while going on lunch, then again 10km going back office.

but nothing happened....

I was wondering if one of the tire has small leakage and that could be the reason ?????

First time I had installed some new wheels with the old sensors put in, the TPMS light on the dash came on. I drove about 10 miles but the light never went out. This was all city driving, with no speeds over about 30-40 MPH or so. I got onto a freeway and hit 60 MPH. Within 1 minute the light went out.

Perhaps you need to make sure you have gone over 60 MPH?

• 4 months later...

Yep. Still not sure why they don't do that since they have the info.

Does the system have that info though? I know some systems can determine it, while others are "dumb" and just get a blanket reading from all the sensors without distinguishing between which is which. At the very least, it would be a nice added feature to put on the MKX.

Does the system have that info though? I know some systems can determine it, while others are "dumb" and just get a blanket reading from all the sensors without distinguishing between which is which. At the very least, it would be a nice added feature to put on the MKX.

Yes - according to Ford engineers. They've simply chosen not to display it.