Passanger Door Weather Stripping

Michael Sherrod

Just brought my 2013 Edge Sport Tri Coat Platinum to a Ford dealer today about noise in my car on the passanger window. They ordered in the weather stripping and said it will be about 10 working days. I hope this fixes this annoying problem!!

On a side note, I have noticed on my car that the bottom of the inside of the doors are very "spotty" where the paint coverage is minimal (very much so). This is also in the jambs in the trunk and the underneath of the hood does not have any clear coat! I have 2k miles on the car. Is this going to be covered by the warranty??

Just brought my 2013 Edge Sport Tri Coat Platinum to a Ford dealer today about noise in my car on the passanger window. They ordered in the weather stripping and said it will be about 10 working days. I hope this fixes this annoying problem!!

On a side note, I have noticed on my car that the bottom of the inside of the doors are very "spotty" where the paint coverage is minimal (very much so). This is also in the jambs in the trunk and the underneath of the hood does not have any clear coat! I have 2k miles on the car. Is this going to be covered by the warranty??

Hi Michael Sherrod,

I'd like to put you in touch with your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist. Please send me a private message with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll get the ball rolling.

Todd

Todd,

After inspection today, they have the weather striping on order along with the front Ford emblem. They also fixed my slow moving Vista Roof(lubed up i think). It opens and closes like it should. I have an appointment for next Monday for the new weather stripping to be installed along with the emblem.

Sweet! I look forward to hearing from you on Monday. Sooner if you have questions. ;)

Todd

Alright so....the problem still persists, there's still wind noise at 50mpg+ sometimes lower...I don't know where to go from here...After they tightened the door, the door is a lot harder to close now (don't know if that will cause future problems down the road). What would you guys do?

Have you considered bringing your Edge to a different dealer? Let me know and I'll get in touch with your CSM.

Todd

Can you describe the type of noise you are hearing? Is it a whistling sort of noise? I think I have read before on this forum that the noise can be caused by the side view mirror. Maybe a cover that is slightly loose at speed?

Perhaps TSB 11-2-13 related.

TSB 11-2-13: WHISTLE NOISE FROM LEFT HAND SIDE EXTERIOR MIRROR WHILE DRIVING AT SPEEDS OVER 64 KM/H (40 MPH)

Edited by teknowiz

• 2 weeks later...

Well, picked up the car today. They had some mater techs come in and lots of on site techs look at the car. Conclusion: Everyone that sits in the front passenger seat is crazy that hears the sound as no one from Ford can hear it. So, just have to ignore it and but that stereo system to use I guess! I appreciate all the work that had gone into that door though! 5 trips to the dealer to try getting it fixed. One interesting thing is that they order "sonic ears" that they are willing to put on my car to listen for noises (similar to suspension ears). So...after new weather stripping, door adjusted, door adjusted again, taken all weather stripping off and put back on, and lubed up the seals...still there, I hope me and all my friends arn't crazy!

At least you have gotten more attention than me. I have pm'd, called and emailed and haven't received an answer yet.

Hi misterfixit,

I just wanted to check in with you. I see you communicated with Crystal on February 12th around 12:45 p.m., and sent me a PM on the 25th. I've requested that your CSM reach out to you ASAP to address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Todd