throttle body service

2011edgese

I was wondering if the hood insulation fell down to cover the flames like someone on a different post thought it would? Now I guess we will have to wait for a real fire to find out. :)

Just to debunk this theory, the hood insulation on the Edge/MKX is held by several plastic retainers but there are also 2 steel clips at the bottom. The hood insulation can't drop completely on the Engine if the plastic retainers are removed because of the steel clips.

Update! My car throttle body caught fire. Don't know why! I was just driving and it stated to sputter like if the throttle was being tapped fast on and off. The I heard a crack with a squeal. Then my idle was non existent! Next thing I knew, the inside cabin started to smell like burning metal! I jumped out and open the hood and low and behold. ............. my throttle body was spring flames! And the butterfly flap was spinning 360 like the freaking exorcist girl! What the hell! All I could do was grab my cheap 50 cent bottle of water from my center console and rushed to spill itb in the throat of the throttle bottle! I'm telling you! I couldn't get the water to come out fast! I jugged it up and down while I called on the Holy Spirit to expel the demon from it! I prayed and prayed while I threw the water and commanded the evil spirit to release the throttle body! I said. .. " begone wretched demon! Go to the depts of hell where you came from! I command you to tell me you name demon! " then. .. silence. The fire was gone.

Ā 

Thanks Ford. Your freaking tephlon special coating is garbage!

Read it, was extremely concerned, starting laughing, but since I thought it was real, felt bad for laughing and thought to myself how much of a bad person I am.

You sir just made me go through an emotional roller coaster :drop:

• Like 1

I was wondering if the hood insulation fell down to cover the flames like someone on a different post thought it would? Now I guess we will have to wait for a real fire to find out. :)

lol. Should have wrote that a gremlin flew out of the insulator. just realized a mod wrote a note under my post. Lol. Well... I survived the ban.

Edited by 2011edgese

• 2 weeks later...

64k. It had a slight carbon build up on the throat. But the flap had the edge nicely coated with a good layer of black carbon that was oily. Worst part was the oil build up from the pcv design. Tons of oil! At least remove the boot and make sure it's not pulled up like mine. I regret not taking pictures. Remember. . Use at your own risk. Ppl day don't touch it. I did and got good results. But I also used teflon safe cleaner and new cotton rags to gently wipe it clean. Also used a soft brittle tooth brush for the flap.