What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

Haven't checked for overlap in labor between the two processes, but if there isn't much, then doing it separately should work fine. If you can determine what seems to be causing the majority of the movement, I'd take care of that first. Maybe your trusted mechanic can help with that determination?

He he. Well it will be me that does the work as I can not afford to pay a mechanic to have it done so wish me luck. Just have to take a methodical approach and the lower mount that moved the most will be the first one to be replaced then the top right one as it seems to be the second most needed repair. For some reason the lower left does not get replaced as often (youtube lack of videos) not sure if it is because it does not undergo the stresses the other two do.

Haven't checked for overlap in labor between the two processes, but if there isn't much, then doing it separately should work fine. If you can determine what seems to be causing the majority of the movement, I'd take care of that first. Maybe your trusted mechanic can help with that determination?

As with all things.....economics are going to be affecting the Orange Crush. I have some fun and frustration repairing it, but the time will be soon approaching that it would be cheaper to replace it in the future than to continue repairing it. Once the monthly repairs hit a certain level on any vehicle there has to come a time to get rid of the the vehicle and begin anew. We have decided the Orange Crush is most likely on it's last year.

Well figured out what that noise was when I was testing the engine mounts on the orange crush. Seems the passenger side brand new Chinese sway bar link broke at the weld. Good news is it is new and should be slightly easier to remove than the old rusty one. Might go for a moog part this time.

Checked dealer price on the transmission mount and similar to pricing above this posting. Although the dealer mentioned in the above posting is discounting with shipping it is still cheaper than my local dealer. Local dealer stated he has never had to order a transmission mount for a Ford Edge nor a right side motor mount. I would be the first. go figure. Drove the wife 2011 yesterday and I am sure starting to like how it rides so much I had weird thoughts of taking her car out and leaving mine. Of course I do not want to be divorced so it was just a thought. LOL

• Like 1

This must of been the day the cheap Chinese sway bar link broke. The moog on the other side still going strong. For all it is worth go with Moog sway bar links they seem to hold up pretty well.

Got a wiggle up front. Not sure if the Drivers side ball joint is no showing the wear and tear or inner tie rod. I will have to lift it up and check that ball joint on the drivers side. Only has about 50k on it, but then again the passenger side only had about 60K on it when I replaced it.

• Like 1

Yesterday while waiting for MercyGirl i had the orange crush just idling. Every once in a while it would give a small shake and about a 100 rpm reduction. Not much but not really a normal for it. I am thinking I may need to address the throttle body by cleaning it since I have NEVER cleaned it to see if this may help. I am betting it has dirt, bugs, gunk, gummi bears and old french fries in it and deserves a little attention.

Yesterday while waiting for MercyGirl i had the orange crush just idling. Every once in a while it would give a small shake and about a 100 rpm reduction. Not much but not really a normal for it. I am thinking I may need to address the throttle body by cleaning it since I have NEVER cleaned it to see if this may help. I am betting it has dirt, bugs, gunk, gummi bears and old french fries in it and deserves a little attention.

Ā 

Or deer parts.......

• Like 1

Save the gummi bears and french fries for me. The rest you can toss!

Ā 

Should also clean off the MAF while you are addressing the throttle body. When the rpms drop, do you have any accesories running at the time? I know that if the HVAC is on/compressor is on, sometimes this will happen. The other possibility is you have a small vacuum leak somewhere.

Ya know the AC was on so it might of been the compressor turning on and off as I have not ran it with the AC on for awhile. That is most likely it. I will listen more carefully for the AC to cycle. Cleaning the TB might still be a good Idea and maybe even a couple of sprays of MAF cleaner would not hurt. Even an old dog needs a bath once in a while.

It's been quiet on the 2.0EB front for a bit, mostly need to make sure the hoses are securely clamped on and the fuel pump/fuel control module is working properly. I am thinking that for the type of driving you'd be doing (mostly highway), it could be a very economical choice. Only thing I MIGHT advise looking into for other people would be an ESP, but you'd wear out a 7 year warranty in what, a year and a half???

Ā 

Nothing wrong with sticking with the trusty V6, who knows you might even get a better deal on it!

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

I just laugh at the new car sales folks when they say 3 years 36K miles. What six months warranty is that it? ESP are not even in my thoughts cost too much and cover nothing to speak of. And if they do you have to jump over a dozen hoops like a circus dog in order to even get them to say they will fix it. Pay as I go and hope for the best. The cost for the economy of the 2.0 does not attract me. I do not pay for the gas. The boss pays for the gas I pay for the car. You should see my tax return for mileage etc.

It's been quiet on the 2.0EB front for a bit, mostly need to make sure the hoses are securely clamped on and the fuel pump/fuel control module is working properly. I am thinking that for the type of driving you'd be doing (mostly highway), it could be a very economical choice. Only thing I MIGHT advise looking into for other people would be an ESP, but you'd wear out a 7 year warranty in what, a year and a half???

Ā 

Nothing wrong with sticking with the trusty V6, who knows you might even get a better deal on it!

What do I do with my 2008 Ford Edge? Well I thought I needed to get to the camp site to clean it up a bit and retrieve my chain saw etc. So why not go off roading in the muddy path with the Orange Crush and a broken transmission mount and broken sway bar link. What could possibly go wrong. In fact nothing but hey it was a fun time. See the video.

• Like 1

Great news today got the budget set and ordering two new parts for the Orange Crush. Transmission torque mount and the sway bar link. Had to share the budget with my nemesis the 2004 Chevy Trailblazer as it needs new Coils (COP) and once the engine is running (praying this is it) then I can order the accumulator and recharge the AC. The goal is to then place a large FOR SALE sign on the TB. Just getting prepared for a future replacement for the Orange Crush. More videos to come (maybe this weekend) if the parts arrive in time.