What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

It lives. Runs better than it did before we bought it. So well the wife wants to start driving it again. Hummm unused 2011 Ford Edge sitting in driveway. Humm wonder if she will notice if I...........

Videos to be seen under a separate pseudonym, folks!

• Like 1

Just a bit off topic but.....Why are the coils on my Ford Edge original with 276,000 miles still working and yet the coils on my wife Trailblazer dropping like flies at 110,000 miles. This is ridiculous. TB ran great yesterday full power computer verified no misfires and wham first thing this morning misfires when we decided to use it to go to church. Turned it off and Took the 2011 Edge to church just like always reliable and runs.

• Like 1

The engine analysis showed the Autozone Relia coil working great on #4 and the Delphi working great on #1. Not sure if coloring affects the coils but number two and three looked very corroded and number two also looked blacker, but the computer indicated both were operating. I will replace them as I found the coils (delphi) for 52 dollars each at Rockauto. The local guys want 92 dollar each for the same brand in the stores. Go figure. Did I mention I despise working on engine ignition issues? Requires too many computers and other things to correct them. I will win this one as I am too deep into it now not to finish it. At least I have the 2011 Edge for the wife to drive.

wow 6 of them for 193.00 thanks. Repairing vehicles this much lately is starting to strain the budget. This really helped.

COPs can be very expensive! Used to be able to buy a set of wires and a coil for less than the price of 1 OEM COP. As far as aftermarket, I have often heard good things about the COPs available from a seller called alanisdeals on eBay.

Move along now folks nothing to see here. This Orange Crush is running just fine with no problems. What a relaxing week. I finally fixed the rattle sound in the back. Taped two pieces of double sided foam weather resistance foam tape together then placed a piece of packing foam cut to width and lenght on top of the sticky tape. Now my portable projector screen no longer rattles in the back of the car while I am driving. It has been rattling like that for years. I just finally got tired of it. I guess since there was nothing to fix on the Orange Crush I figured I needed to fix something.

• Like 1

Friday I was approaching a stop light to turn right and was hitting the brakes and just as I was slowing down almost to a stop the light changed and I hit the gas. The tranny bucked pretty hard at this sudden slowing and then gasing/acceleration. I guess I caught it about to down shift then hit the gas and told it to down shift more to accelerate and she bucked hard trying to find the right gear. I am guessing I did not allow enough time to shift properly and this is the reason.

Louder than normal clacking noise from drivers side of the engine right after starting. Drove the orange crush to pick up daughter and when I returned listened again and the noise was gone. Never heard it before. Guess I will have to keep and ear open for this to see if anything changes.