The transmission shifted really hard Yesterday...

sranger

I was taking the Edge to get it's first oil change and when I started out of our street, it shifted so hard that, at first, I thought I ran over somthing. It was early in the mourning and I was half a sleep when it did this. It certianly woke me up. I was just doing a normal acceleration and was probably only going about 35mph when it did this. Mine is an AWD, so I guess it could have been somthing in the transfer case as well...

The dealer looked it over good and said there were no codes or physical signs of anything wrong. It drove normal the rest of the day, and today.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experiance?

Perhaps. But his is black. Remember the Red problem that now seems to be infecting the black ones?

Oh GAWD... Red, now black.. Since there are so few white ones, I think the white is safe for a while.

Someone mentioning a Flash for a computer. that means it might have gotten hit from a virii.. SYNC?

Edited by 07 MKX

• 2 weeks later...

My MKX did this a few times on the very first shift. One morning, it shifted so hard & made such a noise, I thought something broke. The dealer took it it right in & gave me a Town Car to drive the 2 days they had it.They said it shifted hard the first 2 times, but no fault codes showed up. They reset it & I've had no further problem (its been about a month) since.

• 2 months later...

Two days ago I was accelerating from a stop- had to ease off the gas due to a slower car in front of me. I then got back into the gas and the transmission went into gear so hard and so loudly that I immediately looked in my rear view mirror to see what car had hit me- it was that violent.

It hasn't happened since then, but I took it in and got the "cannot duplicate" response from my dealer.

Yesterday, I was driving through a parking lot, minding my own business when it felt like I over a curb. It was so violent and so out of context, I immediately looked in the rear view mirror to laugh at myself and see what boulevard I drove over. To my dismay, I could see nothing so I turned around and nothing but smooth, black asphalt on my route. Hmmmmm...