Fantastic HID Headlight Kit

Ordered the HID Headlight kit for my 2013 Ford Edge Sport from www.daytimebrightlites and the kit arrived in 3 days.

Did the complete install today in about 40 minutes and they are fantastic !

Best thing (besides dealing with Dan) was their price was far and away the best available for a quality product !

• Like 2

Other people may value them. It is a good reference to see if members like the output in the day or night time. Shots from inside the car at night can help members visualize better too. Pics don't do it justice, but lots of members still like to see. Plus it gives you a chance to show your Edge off :camera:

Just took the Edge out for a night time test of my new daytimebrightlites headlights bulbs and for the first time ever I had people flashing me to dim them...on Low beam...

They are amazing and a simple plug in install...no splicing or wiring required

If you are disappointed with your headlights....get these from Dan

• Like 1

I find that when driving over rough roads (and there's lots this time of year), the cut-off of the beam may bounce up and appear to the oncoming traffic as you flashing your brights. They then of course flash you back.

Or....

They could actually be really bright

Funny but with your theory you would have thought they would have gotten me flashed even with the old bulbs

Just took the Edge out for a night time test of my new daytimebrightlites headlights bulbs and for the first time ever I had people flashing me to dim them...on Low beam...

They are amazing and a simple plug in install...no splicing or wiring required

Sorry, but this tells me there is something wrong with the set up or the bulbs! There is no way you should all of a sudden have people flashing their lights at you because they think you have your high beams on. Perhaps the bulbs you put in do not meet the DOT requirements here in the US?

I doubt that Dan would knowingly be selling lights that don't meet specs, but something is going on with these lights if you are being flashed at. Sounds like some road rage may be in your future if these lights have already aggravated the number of people who have found them to be too bright in your limited driving time with them.

Dans HID Kit & DRLs are by far the best and quickest to warm up. I've had these lights for a little over a month and a half, and have not had any issues at all. I have been flashed a couple of times, but only because of the angle at which the light hit the oncoming vehicle (ie. going up/down hill). I've also been flagged by fellow edge drivers asking where I had purchased the Vertical DRLs and HID Kit, and of course Dan sent me enough business cards to share.

Vertical DRLs on

post-33992-0-09371100-1428346184_thumb.jpg

Top: Stock | Middle & Bottom: DTBL 35w 6000k HID Kit & Matching DRLs

post-33992-0-05480700-1428346186_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmfranco88
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna jump in this topic for a hot second because there is a lot of "semi" true and false info in this post. The reason you are getting flashed is not because they are brighter, it's because instead of putting the light where it belongs with a halogen bulb/halogen projector setup. You put in a HID bulb into a halogen projector which has it's reflective bowls set up for...a halogen bulb. By placing a HID bulb into a halogen projector you get an illusion that it's 5,000% brighter and though it is brighter, the "usable" light is not much better. I will admit HIDs in halogen projectors are way better on oncoming traffic than HIDs in regular halogen headlights. Think of an all black room and you get a flashlight and put it in front of your chin facing up (think scary movies) and you turn it on, you really can't see that good but it's extremely bright! That's kinda what HIDs in wrong reflectors look like to oncoming traffic. adjusting your headlights to aim down does not help oncoming traffic and just gives you, the driver less light to work with. Dan sells an amazing product as he takes all the guess work out for those who aren't that up to date with all the newest lighting trends and etc. Ideally you would want your cutoff to look like this, but it wont happen unless you retrofit a HID projector and then tune the shield. OEM don't even look this good.
208161d1303405158-project-retorfit-its-w

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...