2015 edge sport BOV ?

Its tough tracking down info on the new twin turbo edge. Anyone know where the BOV(S) are located on the 2.7 ? Also what kind of mods are becoming popular for these new ecoboosts? Pardon my naivity. I just came from the v8 mustang world and kind of jumped in head first into this ecoboost scene. Thanks in advance !

Other EBs: custom tune, downpipes, intake/exhaust systems, "bigger" turbos, methanol injection.

Going all out? Upgraded engine components (rods/pistons/head studs/etc) are available.

No drivetrain mods really, other than shortened (full synthetic) fluid change intervals to maximize performance and life.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, one thing that you will notice is that these cars (and similar turbocharged cars) do not have "bovs" but diverted valves as they take the pressure and do not release into the atmosphere but back into the intake tract. But to answer your question if I am not mistaken the GT15 turbos in this car should have the diverted valves into the turbo just as many other stock cars do.

Check out this link - http://www.honestcharley.com/blog/from-the-restoration-shop/road-tour-9/

Second pic down look at the right side of the turbo with the hose coming out of the black diaphragm and that should be the diverted valve.

What engine do you have?

• 1 year later...

Hello, one thing that you will notice is that these cars (and similar turbocharged cars) do not have "bovs" but diverted valves as they take the pressure and do not release into the atmosphere but back into the intake tract. But to answer your question if I am not mistaken the GT15 turbos in this car should have the diverted valves into the turbo just as many other stock cars do.

Check out this link - http://www.honestcharley.com/blog/from-the-restoration-shop/road-tour-9/

Second pic down look at the right side of the turbo with the hose coming out of the black diaphragm and that should be the diverted valve.

I think you meant Diverter Valve. Most stock turbo applications use a diverter valve. OP is simply asking for the location so that he can swap it out for a larger atmospheric blow off valve. You can definitely get the signature psssht.. sound, it will just require some additional mods, aside from swapping out the diverter valve with a blow off valve.

Edited by pinyin

• 4 years later...
On 10/22/2016 at 12:59 AM, Nick Halstead said:

I guess this is magic then...

Which BOV do you have because that sounds incredible. This is obviously a pretty old thread but I'm curious because I recently installed a turbosmart dual port on my 2015 sport and i would say it is even more quiet than the stock one. 

18 hours ago, MSCOSC said:

You basically just remove the recirculating house and plug the intake with a 1" chair foot. 

Screenshot_20210612-123007_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-122728_Gallery.jpg

20210607_202431.jpg

First off thanks for the photos. But I was wondering are you supposed to plug both sides? My thinking is if you plug the intake and not the BOV side then the air is going to completely bypass the BOV and take the path of least resistance straight out the hole.

Edited by MichaelTM
Trying to make sense.

That's the point.  Instead of the air being recirculating back through the intake(no sound)  it comes straight out the pipe into the atmosphere.  

Other blow off valve adapters accomplish this same thing by stacking up the valve. To my understanding,  this accomplishes the same exact thing. The valve stays closed all the time unless you're in boost and let off the gas pedal. Even though you see that 1" port wide open on the blow off valve side,  the valve is closed within.