New Sync Version (Gen2 - V3.8)

Update Finally got the V 3.8 to update, all seems ok other then now I have lost my travellink has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix for this.

Cheers

Did you have Nav and do you have it now? Travelink needs the Nav module. Does your SiriusXM work? Did you contact SiriusXM and see if the issue is at their end? Given all that and if you still don't have it, contact your dealer?

Did you have Nav and do you have it now? Travelink needs the Nav module. Does your SiriusXM work? Did you contact SiriusXM and see if the issue is at their end? Given all that and if you still don't have it, contact your dealer?

Thank you for the reply Yes Nav is still there, I noticed that in my info section the travelink icon is gone. I read somewhere that ford's update V3.8 reads for canadian VIN numbers and removes the travelink feature regardless if you pay for it or not. trying to figure out a way to roll back to V3.7 to get my travellink back but dont know how to do that....Any help from someone here would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Electromanjim

Thank you for the reply Yes Nav is still there, I noticed that in my info section the travelink icon is gone. I read somewhere that ford's update V3.8 reads for canadian VIN numbers and removes the travelink feature regardless if you pay for it or not. trying to figure out a way to roll back to V3.7 to get my travellink back but dont know how to do that....Any help from someone here would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Electromanjim

Multiple Ford sources told me you can't go back. I asked the same question when my 3.8 update didn't go smoothly.

So I guess I'm SOL from what It sounds like.... Pretty scummy thing for Ford to Do and elimate travelink services from Canadian Vin's. I called sirius xm canada and they couldn't help me with it. Looks like i have to cancel the travelink services which worked great for me. Unless anyone else haves any other suggestions.

Thanks

Electromanjim

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to reload as an end user? I bought my 2011 Edge SEL (used) in June of this year and the first thing I did was update Sync from Gen2-v2.8 to Sync2-v3.8. Everything seemed to go fine for me except I have been having issues with Nav. I bought the vehicle with A4 maps and purchased A7 from ebay. The first map card worked for a few days then failed with "navigation system error - insert a valid memory card" (or similar) so I contacted the seller and he agreed to replace it. I decided to try reading the card in my laptop and after doing so, it started to work again. After a few days, however, it died again. So I received a replacement card and all seemed well....but then the new card died. When Sync stops recognizing my card, all I have to do is connect it to my Windows laptop and do a chkdsk. It finds no errors but the card starts to work again.

Something to note...when the A7 nav card fails, I can *always* put the original A4 back in and that card will still work.

My co-worker also purchased A7 from the same ebay seller and has had no issues. In fact, my card died again yesterday and I gave it to him as is to try in his 2015 Explorer and it worked fine. I am convinced this is a software issue. I would like to reload if possible but I can't find the files to download. Does anyone still have the link?

Also, I saw mention of the GPS with an X through it for about 15 minutes after first starting the car. I have this issue. There was a link to a forum on syncmyride but apparently that forum no longer exists

I mentioned both of these issues to my local Ford dealer and they basically told me they'd have to hook up the car to their system and charge me $114 to do that. After that, who knows as it's off warranty.

So, can I, as end user, reload sync?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by JeffGerardWpg

[quote name="JeffGerardWpg" post="158110" timestamp="1472608083

Thanks in advance...

I know it's a pita to read 11 pages of a thread. But, my understanding is that sync, if corrupted and/or broken from a bad load, has to loaded by the dealer. That was my experience coming off a corrupted v3.8 update. Check the PCU recall. You may be covered. Good luck.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reload as an end user? I bought my 2011 Edge SEL (used) in June of this year and the first thing I did was update Sync from Gen2-v2.8 to Sync2-v3.8. Everything seemed to go fine for me except I have been having issues with Nav. I bought the vehicle with A4 maps and purchased A7 from ebay. The first map card worked for a few days then failed with "navigation system error - insert a valid memory card" (or similar) so I contacted the seller and he agreed to replace it. I decided to try reading the card in my laptop and after doing so, it started to work again. After a few days, however, it died again. So I received a replacement card and all seemed well....but then the new card died. When Sync stops recognizing my card, all I have to do is connect it to my Windows laptop and do a chkdsk. It finds no errors but the card starts to work again.

Something to note...when the A7 nav card fails, I can *always* put the original A4 back in and that card will still work.

My co-worker also purchased A7 from the same ebay seller and has had no issues. In fact, my card died again yesterday and I gave it to him as is to try in his 2015 Explorer and it worked fine. I am convinced this is a software issue. I would like to reload if possible but I can't find the files to download. Does anyone still have the link?

Also, I saw mention of the GPS with an X through it for about 15 minutes after first starting the car. I have this issue. There was a link to a forum on syncmyride but apparently that forum no longer exists

I mentioned both of these issues to my local Ford dealer and they basically told me they'd have to hook up the car to their system and charge me $114 to do that. After that, who knows as it's off warranty.

Thanks in advance...

Hi JeffGerardWpg,

The option to reload the SYNC update is not available. If you're seeing the No GPS sign, the issue may be hardware related and not software. Try a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html If that doesn't work, a dealership visit is needed. Keep me in the loop!

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

Thanks..I have tried the master reset and that did not help. There is a Field Service Action available (12M02) for the APIM but I don't know what the criteria are for getting that fixed. It is off warranty and don't really want to dump a ton of cash into fixing it. I already had to cough up an arm and a leg for a door-ajar sensor in the driver door which was not cheap. Silly things like that should be covered as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure if the No GPS sign was happening prior to the sync update. I don't *think* it was which is why I feel this is all software related. I had called Ford about the A7 maps and they suggested that there was an issue with the card reader. I can't see how that is possible considering the fact that if the map goes in error, I can still put my A4 maps back in and all works normal again (other than the No GPS badge). Add to that the fact that the A7 map will work in it's current state in another vehicle.

The APIM warranty was extended but I don't remember the details.

The deets are "vague" at best! :)

What will Ford and your dealer do?

In the future, if you experience any of the concerns below, and your vehicle is within the indicated time limitations, Ford has authorized your dealer to repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labour).

• You need dealer assistance to install software updates from www.syncmyride.ca

• Your vehicle’s SYNC with MyFord Touch® exhibits symptoms which your dealer determines can be repaired by upgrading the APIM software

• Your vehicle’s SYNC with MyFord Touch® exhibits symptoms which your dealer determines can be repaired by replacing the APIM

12M02.pdf

Thanks..I have tried the master reset and that did not help. There is a Field Service Action available (12M02) for the APIM but I don't know what the criteria are for getting that fixed. It is off warranty and don't really want to dump a ton of cash into fixing it. I already had to cough up an arm and a leg for a door-ajar sensor in the driver door which was not cheap. Silly things like that should be covered as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure if the No GPS sign was happening prior to the sync update. I don't *think* it was which is why I feel this is all software related. I had called Ford about the A7 maps and they suggested that there was an issue with the card reader. I can't see how that is possible considering the fact that if the map goes in error, I can still put my A4 maps back in and all works normal again (other than the No GPS badge). Add to that the fact that the A7 map will work in it's current state in another vehicle.

Sure the "what" is clear...it's the conditions that are not.

Hi JeffGerardWpg,

akirby is on the right track. If the issue is being caused by a faulty APIM, it would be replace at no cost to you. It was extended to to 5 years. There may be a cost associated if the issue is determined to be caused by something else. Please work with the dealer to resolve this issue. They're in the best position to assist.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

Hi JeffGerardWpg,

akirby is on the right track. If the issue is being caused by a faulty APIM, it would be replace at no cost to you. It was extended to to 5 years. There may be a cost associated if the issue is determined to be caused by something else. Please work with the dealer to resolve this issue. They're in the best position to assist.

Shaay

Thanks Shaay...I will go back to the dealer with my new info and see where things go.

Appreciate it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just purchased a used 2011 Edge Limited this weekend and noticed the version is on 3.0. Online it tells me it is up to date but obviously thats not true. Can someone please send me the direct download for v3.8? Id appreciate it very much.

p.s. I was told by my local ford dealer here at work that Id have to pay $120 for them to install it...!!

Edited by zayg1994