Any 2016 Edge sightings yet?

cab2g

I haven't seen any 2016s in person, but at least 1 dealership near me has a 2016 listed as "in stock" as opposed to "dealer ordered" on both the Ford and dealership (Woltz and Wind Ford) website. So I'm assuming there are some out there.

Not necessarily. They change from dealer ordered to in stock when they leave the factory so most of those are probably still in transit if they've actually left the factory.

two have been listed as in stock on inventory.ford.com for the dealer closest to me for over a week. One's window sticker was generated on 12/16, the other on 12/15. From what I hear, your car is typically built a week after the date on the window sticker. ETIS confirms that they were both built on 12/21 and 12/23 respectively... There has to be somebody out there that has a local dealer with a window sticker generated the week before production started on 12/15. There's a chance that one of those cars from the first week is actually in stock unless they're on a quality hold.

I haven't seen any 2016s in person, but at least 1 dealership near me has a 2016 listed as "in stock" as opposed to "dealer ordered" on both the Ford and dealership (Woltz and Wind Ford) website. So I'm assuming there are some out there.

Woltz and Wind is where I got my 2015 and later got it bought back and got another 2015. Who are you working with?

Hey Guys ( and Gals);

If anyone gets up close and personal with a 2016 Sport can you please let me know if it has a POWER Tilt Telescoping Steering Wheel? The Ford build and price still has the manual as standard but the but the order guide has it as Powered. Ford support has also stated it is powered but I just want to make sure as I just ordered my car. I am a 100 miles from a large enough dealer that may get a 2016 soon.

Thanks

The scheduled delivery date for my 2016 Edge Sport is Jan. 18th. I placed my order November 20th.

Hey Guys ( and Gals);

If anyone gets up close and personal with a 2016 Sport can you please let me know if it has a POWER Tilt Telescoping Steering Wheel? The Ford build and price still has the manual as standard but the but the order guide has it as Powered. Ford support has also stated it is powered but I just want to make sure as I just ordered my car. I am a 100 miles from a large enough dealer that may get a 2016 soon.

Thanks

The scheduled delivery date for my 2016 Edge Sport is Jan. 18th. I placed my order November 20th.

My 2016 Edge Sport arrived at the dealership yesterday. I'm picking it up Thursday and will confirm the power steering column then.

I live in Oakville, Ontario approximately 4km from the Ford Plant where the Edges are built. Just saw this afternoon a truck loaded with Edges, so the 2016s are definitely being shipped to the dealerships, at least here in Southern Ontario

Who is your dealer? I am in oakville as well and waitting for my 2016 Titanium.

Thanks. It is supposed to be standard here as well. No place to option it out.

How you liking the ride?

The Edge is very nice.

The adaptive steering will take some time to get used to. Driving home from the dealership the steering seemed to correct itself on the highway off ramp while turning. This caught me off gourd however I suppose it's possible the steering is calibrating itself.

I'm also not accustomed to the moving directional lines in the backup camera since my 2011 Edge does not have them. The camera angle is also considerably different but I believe it is better than in the previous Edge.

The ride is more rough then I recall from my test drive but my test drive Edge Sport only had the 20" wheels and my ordered Edge Sport has the 21".

Overall quality seems good. Body panels and interior panels are well aligned. I have noticed two issues so far. The driver's door handle seems to recess too far so it doesn't align with the door handle cap and there's a rattle coming from the back somewhere however I haven't investigated it at all. The rattle could be something simple like the rear seat belt.

The adaptive steering will be interesting for me as well as the lane change stuff. At the last minute I opted for the 20 inch wheels. One of my reasons was hoping for a bit softer ride. That and the 21 inch tires are lots more dollars. Especially if you need to replace all 4 because of the AWD. That said the 21 inch wheels are AWSOME.

Enjoy your ride. Keep us informed.

• Like 1

The Edge is very nice.

The adaptive steering will take some time to get used to. Driving home from the dealership the steering seemed to correct itself on the highway off ramp while turning. This caught me off gourd however I suppose it's possible the steering is calibrating itself.

I'm also not accustomed to the moving directional lines in the backup camera since my 2011 Edge does not have them. The camera angle is also considerably different but I believe it is better than in the previous Edge.

The ride is more rough then I recall from my test drive but my test drive Edge Sport only had the 20" wheels and my ordered Edge Sport has the 21".

Overall quality seems good. Body panels and interior panels are well aligned. I have noticed two issues so far. The driver's door handle seems to recess too far so it doesn't align with the door handle cap and there's a rattle coming from the back somewhere however I haven't investigated it at all. The rattle could be something simple like the rear seat belt.

There is a thread, this may still apply: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17808-ive-got-a-rattle/?hl=rattle

• Like 1