I've got a rattle

Noticed this morning that when I'm driving and the radio is off, I can hear a slight rattle coming from somewhere behind the driver's seat. Seems low. Like the rear door.

Anyone else notice this?

UPDATED: Lexiicon found the issue. See post #34 for Pics.:

I found it....

It is a cover underneath the car. The rear pushpin got loose and the cover will flatter while driving fast.

Some 3M tape and re-inserting the pushpin fixed the rattle. The cover scratched the paint on the floor.

Test drove and rattle is gone..

LEXiiON

Video of the location of the cover:

https://youtu.be/sHs14Yr0NUM

Edited by WingNut

Buckled the rear seat belt so it wasn't near the trim.....didn't help. That rattle is still somewhere.

I'll try to find it this weekend when someone can drive around while i sit back there.

Rattles come from odd places.

I had loose change in storage bin between front seats, removed it, no more rattle.

Also check the spare tire area....

Rattles come from odd places.

I had loose change in storage bin between front seats, removed it, no more rattle.

Also check the spare tire area....

The car is a week old, so there is nothing in it except me, the key fob, and my car charger.

I had my 8 year old daughter in the back last night trying to find the spot. She thinks it is coming from the area where the rear selt belt goes in to the floor (bottom).

Geez, hope it isn't something major. :( Curious minds want to know. My Sport was delivered to the dealer today, and I'm picking it up Monday or Tuesday.

I don't think anything major. Something is just loose somewhere and I need to locate/fix it. You'll love how quiet you Sport is.

My Ti 2.0 AWD was build on 21-April, hoping for delivery soon... I am currently driving a 2003 Volvo that needs work. Didn't get a great deal on trade, so I want to make the rounds at local used car lots to see if I can get a few hundred more for it. Can't sell too soon but, at the same time, I don't want to have the extra car once the new one shows up.

After nearly 2500 miles on my 2015 (we had a trip to NC last week), I have heard a rattle in the dash but it turned out to be my keyring on my USB drive that I have connected. I have not noticed any other rattles that I cannot explain.

I hope you figure it out and let the group know.

Picked up my Titanium last Friday (5/1). Drove about 350 miles since then. I also have some kind of noise in the back. Sounds like something flapping in the wind. I checked the mud flaps, but they seem OK. Don't know where it's coming from.

I have a rattle, too. Sounds like it comes from the rear left hand door and only appears over 40mph... I tried to pin it down yet, but with no success... The vehicle is 3 weeks old, less than 1000 miles and already starts to rattle... Geee

I think it might be the plastic trim on the lower part of the door. It seems a lttle bit loose compared to the other 3...

LEXiiON

I have a rattle, too. Sounds like it comes from the rear left hand door and only appears over 40mph... I tried to pin it down yet, but with no success... The vehicle is 3 weeks old, less than 1000 miles and already starts to rattle... Geee

I think it might be the plastic trim on the lower part of the door. It seems a lttle bit loose compared to the other 3...

LEXiiON

Sounds similar to mine. It isn't when I hit bumps. Just when I get over 30mph it seems to pop up. I will wedge something in there and see if that takes care of it.

Sounds similar to mine. It isn't when I hit bumps. Just when I get over 30mph it seems to pop up. I will wedge something in there and see if that takes care of it.

Yes. That's exactly like mine. No rattle over bumps but once you go over 40mph it comes up...

Well not yet. That's my next plan. I doubt it is on the inside, due to the fact it only comes up over 40mph. I found a loose clip on the rear door (between the front and rear door - one of the plastic clips that hold the seal) , but that wasn't it. I also found that the drivers side roof trim next to the sunroof made noise, taped it down, but that wasn't it either. Lastly the rear window (the small one) seal tape on the end was loose, re-taped it, and no, that wasn't it either. So basically i am down to the plastic trim on the door. But i will try to pin it down, with wifey driving...

LEXiiON

Well not yet. That's my next plan. I doubt it is on the inside, due to the fact it only comes up over 40mph. I found a loose clip on the rear door (between the front and rear door - one of the plastic clips that hold the seal) , but that wasn't it. I also found that the drivers side roof trim next to the sunroof made noise, taped it down, but that wasn't it either. Lastly the rear window (the small one) seal tape on the end was loose, re-taped it, and no, that wasn't it either. So basically i am down to the plastic trim on the door. But i will try to pin it down, with wifey driving...

LEXiiON

I plan to do the same. Just haven't found time to have a friend drive it yet. This warm weather is keeping me in the Mustang.

Hey guys. I just picked up my 2015 Edge Sport this week in AZ. Love it. But I just noticed a rattle behind the driver seat, towards passenger door after 40 miles and hour. Weird thing is, I test drive a separate Sport weeks ago at a different dealer and heard the same rattle. My wife thinks it's coming from the rear seat. Have you found where your rattle is coming from yet? Keep me posted.

John from AZ

I have yet to find the rattle since I haven't been driving much lately.

The other day I folded the rear seats down and when I got home I thought: "I don't remember hearing the rattle during the drive".

So try that out. Fold the rear seats down and see if you still hear it.

I have a brand new Sport and i've got the same rattle. A friend of me have a 2015 Sport too and found where the rattle come from. It's the plastic plate on the B pillar where the adjustable mounting bracket (vertically 3 positions) of the seat belt are fixed. To test it, while your are driving, hold the plastic piece behind the anchor of the seat belt behind your head on the B pillar et listen. For me, it work.

I have another rattle coming from the panoramic sunroof front passenger side...where have to be fixed.

**sorry for my english...