2015 - Heated seats on remote start or no?

I can't seem to find a real answer to this at least not for the 2015 version.

I have a Titanium 2015 edge with heated seats. This past week it has been around or below 20 degrees every morning. I remote start my car for a few minutes before getting in (generally not more than 5 minutes) and have yet to see the heated seats come on with the remote start. Does it have to stay on longer before they will turn on or are they not part of the remote start feature? In the MFT screen on the dash the heated seats are set to AUTO.

Any info would be much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard (maybe just another persons personal experience) they they do come on if the outside temp is below a certain level. And...they come on at a very low level. Not the same level as when you manually turn them on. This is done as a safety feature so that they don't get too hot when the vehicle is unattended. It's more just meant to heat up quicker when you actually get into the car and are sitting on the seat.

• 1 month later...

I've heard (maybe just another persons personal experience) they they do come on if the outside temp is below a certain level. And...they come on at a very low level. Not the same level as when you manually turn them on. This is done as a safety feature so that they don't get too hot when the vehicle is unattended. It's more just meant to heat up quicker when you actually get into the car and are sitting on the seat.

I think you have it right. I notice when it really cold the seats are not even as warm as the lowest setting. Trust me when it -5° you know a seat that has a little heat from one that does not.