Intercooler - Sport

Nick Halstead

1 hour ago, Airborne said:

Thanks. lol.  

Jim, can you tell me where you got the upgraded clamp you used? Was that a banjo clamp? 

Double thanks!   

Wasnt that a banjo clamp? For you K....

The vibrant t-bolt clamps we used can be found at most Pepboys speed shops.  Fantastic quality and they hold firm!  just a little pricey.

Inside secret I'll let you in on, spray a little hairspray around the inside of the tube before attaching, this helps with the seal and a secure attachment.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I spent the last couple days reading this thread from beginning to end.  You all really put a lot of time and effort into the research and the search.  Greatly appreciated!  I've been working with Torrie for a while now and I've got my IC, Cold Plugs and 170 T stat sitting on the dining room table, waiting to be installed.  My wife is thrilled, lol.  I'm def going to wait for the install until I get the charge pipe upgrade, which I wouldn't have known to do, if I hadn't read through this thread.  So, thank you all again!  I do have one question about the install... Is there a bumper cover takedown tutorial on here?  I'm an industrial mech, so I can figure it out with a little trial and error, but I'd like to save that time and apply it to the actual install.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I saw a dude on youtube bumble through the process to the point of annoyance, and I figured there'd be a better one somewhere on here... just can't seem to find the right search term to pinpoint the thread, if it exists.  21 ST if that matters.  Thank you!

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 5:24 AM, McToberson said:

. Is there a bumper cover takedown tutorial on here?  I'm an industrial mech, so I can figure it out with a little trial and error, but I'd like to save that time and apply it to the actual install.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I saw a dude on youtube bumble through the process to the point of annoyance, and I figured there'd be a better one somewhere on here... just can't seem to find the right search term to pinpoint the thread, if it exists.  21 ST if that matters.  Thank you!

Here you go. Here two decent videos that should get you most of the way if not all of the way, take a look at the PDFs I attached for clarification if needed.

HTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0geWzK18WwFront Bumper Cover.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acVcO-11BtQ

Front Bumper Cover RI.pdf

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 3