Windshield Wiper Operation

2016 Sport

Can someone, anyone, everyone confirm that I have the operation of the windshield wipers correct? This is how I read the manual.

If you place the stalk in the "B" position you have EITHER autowipers or intermittent wipers. Which you have depends on whether or not the "Rain Sensor"setting is checked or unchecked in the settings options. Checked= Autowipers, unchecked= intermittent wipers.

Is this correct?

I wish they would would call the either "rain sensing" or "auto" and not go back and forth.

Thanks for any clarification.

How does this work. If I read the manual correctly, you flip the stalk up one position (B) and this turns on the intermittent wipe AND the autowash. What do you do to choose between the two functions?

(Don't think I would like the little wash button at the end of the stalk however. I would probably end up accidently washing the back window when I didn't want to).

I hate menus. Give me knobs and buttons. Dozens of knobs and buttons to play with. At least I don't need to take my eyes off the road to read the menus when using knobs and buttons. Sync is "nice" but I can't begin to remember all of the commands.

But that's a set it once and forget it thing - either you like the rain sensing wipers or you don't.

Rain sensing was great...but Ive since disabled it. It just destroys my rainx on the glass too fast. What the sensor deems needs wiped and what I consider needs wiped are just to far apart! Specially since I live in hawaii and get a daily dose of mist

Yup, I also disabled my auto sensing wipers. I only need an occasional wipe with rainX, and the auto sensing function was way too sensitive to light rain.