Fresh Air Intake Mod

GT500R

On 8/28/2021 at 4:39 PM, RidinDrty said:

Got mine delivered and installed this past Thursday.  Looks amazing, fits great, had it on in 5 minutes.  Coupled with my afe airbox/filters, I swear I feel some power gains on the buttometer.... Thanks so much to @Xtra

You're one awesome human.

20210827_193702.jpg

Does the AFE filter and box set work with the sports as well? I only saw it listed for the ST! 

Also, got my carbon fiber V2 intake, and it's awesome!! 

• Like 1

It is a good thing that I always mold a few extra intakes when I do a run, as the last CF intake of the batch just shipped and will go out on Tuesday because Monday is a holiday. It takes a long time to have the CF material made so I am going to order it now in hopes that it will arrive in 8 weeks or so in time for one more run before Christmas.  I only order enough material to make 4 or 5  CF intakes at a time, so if you are interested in a CF intake this year, please reserve yours now .

There is still one ABS intake available from this last batch, and the ABS material is always in stock.    

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Just ordered up the Carbon Fiber material to do another run. Good news is the vendor felt so bad about the long turnaround last time that they promised to get the CF made in a timely fashion . :) I think that they know that they screwed up and want to make it right. If you are interested in a CF  V2  then you should reserve yours now as I only ordered enough for 5. The next run will consist of 4 ABS and 5 CF intakes.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Just shipped the last V2 of the batch today and gearing up for a run of 9 intakes. 5 CF & 4 ABS.

Reserve yours now ASAP !!!!  Because if the federal legislation passes that starts in the fiscal year 2022,   Oct . 1 2021 my hobby will have to become a business.  This law requires that any account that has $600 per year move through it be reported to the IRS. It includes checking, savings, PayPal, everything, all accounts.   The new law is hidden within the infrastructure bill in an attempt to help pay for it.   Even though I have kept all receipts and have not made a profit yet, I will have to have all those receipts logged into a book by day and month, and show profit loss statements,  COG. and proof that I don't owe tax . Otherwise the feds will consider the gross amount to be taxable as income.  So there is a chance that in just a few weeks this wonderful hobby of mine might be over. Please order before October 1, 2021 to secure an Intake. This law could be unconstitutional as it infringes our 4th amendment rights. If that is the case and the law is overturned by the court, my hobby will continue. Until then best to order before OCT. 1 2021.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, justinr239 said:

Installed mine a few weeks ago.  Fit and finish was near perfect. Used the included longer push pins as specified in the extremely detailed instructions.  You knocked it out of the park!  Thanks so much once again.

I am happy that you like it, and thanks for the encouraging words. It means a lot tot me .  Great photo :)

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

My air intake arrived last week and the look of the CF intake blew me away…professionally done.  I was able to relocate the hood cable and install intake in @10mins.  Beautiful and excellent fit.  

Thanks for the detailed instructions and 5 xtra long pins.  First drive: Quicker more authoritative response by my buttometer lol.  My pictures are all @7 MB so I’ll crop and add later.  

Howard, Fantastic workmanship and many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, MichaelBrown said:

How much would one of these cost? 

Thanks for your interest in the V2. 

The black textured ABS - V2 is $125 + $45 shipping and $5 PayPal fee = $175  total delivered in the continental USA

The CF - V2  is $185 + $45 Shipping and $9 PayPal fee = $239 total   delivered in the continental USA

** Both include instructions and 5 longer clips for the front 5 holes. 

Please PM for more info if you are interested. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Yes !  the Carbon fiber material has been made and paid for.  It did not take as long as last time I ordered it, and I am just waiting for it to arrive.  Within a few weeks finished CF and ABS V2 intakes will be in stock and ready to ship. .. PM me to get more info or reserve yours. . 

• Like 1

Because the shop cannot mold the parts this week, I took the mold home to do a little touch up and drill a couple more holes in it. The new holes should help with consistency in pulling the material tight onto the mold. And in retrospect using fiber glass for the mold has worked out great . It can be modified and repaired easily. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...