tuning at a certain mileage

Cree

my 2015 sport has 45k miles. I am very close to getting the LMS tune. My question is at this mileage is there any additional considerations/risks getting a tune compared to a car with 5k miles, other than the standard risks? ie wear tear and warranty void. Planning on making sure all maintenance is quality and up to snuff prior and during. I guess I’m wondering at what mileage does it become not worth it? Appreciate the feedback. I promise I’ll contribute useful info to the forum one of these days lol. 

Thanks, that sounds reassuring. When you say special operating conditions maintenance schedule, does that just mean more frequently? Is there any pdf’s out there that are specific on this maintenance? Maybe LMS has that info. I just want to make sure I do everything right while driving on this tune. Plan to keep this ride for a while. 

Probably not technically a canyon but I’ll take it to redwood road in Castro valley all the way up the ridge line to Oakland. Wide roads, twisty, smooth. Very fun, traffic is non existent on the weekends, except for cyclers. Nothing I hate more lol

• Thanks 1

i just installed the LMS 93 octane on my 2015 sport with 54k mileage. Runs great and definitely a noticeable change. I also ordered the LMS catch can and CPe motor mount top go along with it. Would recommend the JLT catch can since it comes with hoses/brackets.

Thanks for sharing the oil change graph, looks like im due for one along with trans fluid and spark plugs.

Edited by bcenter91

Ford has traditionally had two categories:  normal and severe/special operating conditions.  I see they added a third category (extreme), for 2019 (?).   Anyway, you can look up Ford recommended intervals online at https://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/maintenance-schedules/ ...

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If you are already using top tier oil then you will be fine. I run an soil and after talking to the tech they still recommend 15,000 oil change as that is the shortest interval. 

So with that in mind I follow normal oil change and fluid service schedule. I do drive mine like a a hole most of the time. I have 3 lms tunes cars and my highest mileage tuned is just rolling 200,000 of lms tuned miles.  It’s my work truck so I pull a lot of trailers also. Change oil when it says to on the dash and follow normal change for everything else and it’s been great. Have 48,000 miles most have been e30 tune on my edge and same deal need to get the trains fluid changed soon. 

• Like 1

Cree  There should not be any problem changing the thermostat. I spoke to jake at LMS and ask him if I would have any problem driving from Columbus OH to LMS after installing the therm,Intercooler and cold side pipe and cat back exhaust then drive it up there and get it dyno'd. He said should be OK............Ed

On 3/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, eddie368 said:

. I spoke to jake at LMS and ask him if I would have any problem driving from Columbus OH to LMS after installing the therm,Intercooler and cold side pipe and cat back exhaust then drive it up there and get it dyno'd. He said should be OK............Ed

I have all those mods on my car and when we did a pre tune dyno run everything was fine . It just had air fuel mix problems at high RPM . I would suggest staying below 4800RPM until you get that tune. As you can see the air fuel mix fell off fast around 4700 RPM . After the tune the air fuel mix was flat at 12.9 .

Xtra's Edge Sport Granatelli Tune 8-8-18 copy 2.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1