is this sync update V 3.10?

new 13 edge owner. last week we down loaded sync update EAST-14D544-BA910 .

everything worked well with vehicle till yesterday when the center screen locked

up and you could change nothing. did a master reboot. didnt help. got home

and unhooked the battery and left it for 20 mins and then it seemed normal again.

havent driven it yet. im 70 years old and not too computer savvy. wife is a lot better.

watched the ford tech makuloco video and that helped the dowload a lot. is this the nature

of this vehicle or do i have a piece of s---? to much technology. any input would be very helpful on this

issue. ive been reading all i can on here about the edge. thank you !! -irv

hello, I am wondering how you made out with the Sync update, and is it working ok now?

I too would like to update my software, I have downloaded the update, but having some problems unzipping it. Any help would be great.

thanks

I updated my 2011 edge to 3.08 and then to 3.10 the other day.   The zip file you get should extract to a USB key with two files and a folder with a bunch of other compressed files.   When you plug it into the USB port it will start the update right away.

Syncmyride.com which redirects to https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html (syncmyride is just easier to remember)

it redirects to the ford owner site.  Sign in (or register and enter car VIN) and navigate to the SYNC updates section.

It will walk you through the update process, including updating your MFT.

Edited by candurin

• 1 month later...

That file says its not compatible with my system.  I have a 2011 sport.  Ford chat last week said the file should contain this EA5T-14D544-BA in it.  It's crazy that ford can't send you direct links or the website work correctly.  Any help would be great.  Thanks again.

I don't think it was released by Ford to Owners directly (V3.10), was only a dealer update (if I recall correctly). Being this is the internet, people found it, uploaded & installed it. This is one post from XDA Forums that has a link to a US version (direct link fro the post). 

This goes with the usual disclaimers to proceed at you own risk ?.

Edited by omar302

8 minutes ago, omar302 said:

I don't think it was released by Ford to Owners directly (V3.10), was only a dealer update (if I recall correctly). Being this is the internet, people found it, uploaded & installed it. This is one post from XDA Forums that has a link to a US version (direct link fro the post). 

This goes with the usual disclaimers to proceed at you own risk ?.

Will this one work?  It looks like it has a different build number?

Sorry I was still seeing the previous one that didn't work.

Edited by jamjordan