Well It Finally Happened

vmaxbaby

Well guys after being on this forum since about August of 2018, asking questions, going through the ups and downs of the Edge and all its issues, sending some of you private messages and than going back and forth on waiting or  do I want a 2020 Explorer ST (which I still kinda of do :) )  I pulled the trigger on a ST this weekend.  I sold my escape http://www.flairphoto2.com/escape.htm  on thursday night and this Saturday after dealing with 6 different dealers and all that goes with getting a new car I got one.  I didn't want the 21 inch rims and still not sure how I feel about them but like the wife said I can maybe trade with someone that has the 20 inch or get something else from tire rack or the like.   So the deal that I finally landed on was.  401a package, cold weather, 21 inch rims, the cargo mat and retractable cover thrown in for 39,473.00.  Tax, destination, and 299.00 processing fee on top of that.  Escape was paid for and got $ 14,700 and put another 10K down so payment for 48 months is very affordable.  Car had 6 miles on it and was built April 2019, according to the dealer no TSB is showing up and head light issue doesn't show up on my Ford Pass so guess that is good need to go out and see what they are suppose to do to see if they do work. 

Purchased from a dealer called Koons Ford in Maryland.  They offer lifetime warranty on powertrain.  Ford of course gives you 3/36 than 5/60 or 6/60 but what they do is give you lifetime on the powertrain.   They are not the only dealer doing it now I found out but a nice perk.  He said allot of people coming in talking about Kia and Hyundai having 10/100,000  warranty so they decided to offer this lifetime deal.  No catch you don't have to go to them for service but if you sell the car it doesn't go to the next person.   He went on to say that most people will sell a car in 6 years or less so they are banking on it never needing a repair or replacement but if it happens they claim they will cover it.  

Tomorrow getting the front 2 windows tinted to start the process out making it mine LOL.   Ordered last night the JLT Catch Can,  K&N air filter (just because I like them and I heard they are worth 100hp :) )  and next up would like to try the Pedal commander or Sprint Box (the company that created the original design) and after that the borla exhaust if I could ever hear one to make a decision.  Than once I have some miles on it go with a tune but after I make sure I don't have any gremlins in the car.  This is my hot rod so don't have any plans on turbo upgrades, intercooler, etc. just want a fun family vehicle and can't afford a Trackhawk. 

First impressions:  Well compared to my escape it is bigger and rides better.   Seems to have good power but have not been in the boost until I get the catch can on and some miles on it.  Stereo is very impressive,  parking brake button :( not sure I care for that I am old school and like to grab a handle.  Wishing the tach and  boost gauge was bigger I am sure that will come on the next model or the refresh version.  Heads up display with MPH would have been cool along with folding mirrors either when you park or give you a button to push.  Puddle lights would have been cool to display ST on the ground,  Ford performance on the door sill would been nice to light up but I guess no matter what they would have done could always find something you wish was better.   On the lane assist and safety crap I guess is fine don't even know how to use it until I read the manual but figure I been driving for many years and did okay on my own but with people texting and putting on makeup I know why they are pushing for cars to drive themselves...LOL 

But the important part is now I am part of this ST family and not just a troll asking questions and posting to others threads. Ha Ha

I will post up what ever mods I end up doing to it which will mainly be what I posted above but who knows.  Will post a picture tomorrow after it leaves the tint shop. 

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you onyxbfly,

Well I am on other forums and there is always some guy that doesn't have what the forum is about but wears everyone out with questions and comments.  From my very first post I stated I wanted one of these cars but it has taken me 7 months to get to that point.  Mainly wanted to wait till spring/summer and had to sell my escape first.  So now here I am getting ready to ask a bunch of questions that I can't figure out in the manual LOL. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, vmaxbaby said:

Well guys after being on this forum since about August of 2018, asking questions, going through the ups and downs of the Edge and all its issues, sending some of you private messages and than going back and forth on waiting or  do I want a 2020 Explorer ST (which I still kinda of do :) )  I pulled the trigger on a ST this weekend.  I sold my escape http://www.flairphoto2.com/escape.htm  on thursday night and this Saturday after dealing with 6 different dealers and all that goes with getting a new car I got one.  I didn't want the 21 inch rims and still not sure how I feel about them but like the wife said I can maybe trade with someone that has the 20 inch or get something else from tire rack or the like.   So the deal that I finally landed on was.  401a package, cold weather, 21 inch rims, the cargo mat and retractable cover thrown in for 39,473.00.  Tax, destination, and 299.00 processing fee on top of that.  Escape was paid for and got $ 14,700 and put another 10K down so payment for 48 months is very affordable.  Car had 6 miles on it and was built April 2019, according to the dealer no TSB is showing up and head light issue doesn't show up on my Ford Pass so guess that is good need to go out and see what they are suppose to do to see if they do work. 

Purchased from a dealer called Koons Ford in Maryland.  They offer lifetime warranty on powertrain.  Ford of course gives you 3/36 than 5/60 or 6/60 but what they do is give you lifetime on the powertrain.   They are not the only dealer doing it now I found out but a nice perk.  He said allot of people coming in talking about Kia and Hyundai having 10/100,000  warranty so they decided to offer this lifetime deal.  No catch you don't have to go to them for service but if you sell the car it doesn't go to the next person.   He went on to say that most people will sell a car in 6 years or less so they are banking on it never needing a repair or replacement but if it happens they claim they will cover it.  

Tomorrow getting the front 2 windows tinted to start the process out making it mine LOL.   Ordered last night the JLT Catch Can,  K&N air filter (just because I like them and I heard they are worth 100hp :) )  and next up would like to try the Pedal commander or Sprint Box (the company that created the original design) and after that the borla exhaust if I could ever hear one to make a decision.  Than once I have some miles on it go with a tune but after I make sure I don't have any gremlins in the car.  This is my hot rod so don't have any plans on turbo upgrades, intercooler, etc. just want a fun family vehicle and can't afford a Trackhawk. 

First impressions:  Well compared to my escape it is bigger and rides better.   Seems to have good power but have not been in the boost until I get the catch can on and some miles on it.  Stereo is very impressive,  parking brake button :( not sure I care for that I am old school and like to grab a handle.  Wishing the tach and  boost gauge was bigger I am sure that will come on the next model or the refresh version.  Heads up display with MPH would have been cool along with folding mirrors either when you park or give you a button to push.  Puddle lights would have been cool to display ST on the ground,  Ford performance on the door sill would been nice to light up but I guess no matter what they would have done could always find something you wish was better.   On the lane assist and safety crap I guess is fine don't even know how to use it until I read the manual but figure I been driving for many years and did okay on my own but with people texting and putting on makeup I know why they are pushing for cars to drive themselves...LOL 

But the important part is now I am part of this ST family and not just a troll asking questions and posting to others threads. Ha Ha

I will post up what ever mods I end up doing to it which will mainly be what I posted above but who knows.  Will post a picture tomorrow after it leaves the tint shop. 

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

Just reread you OP, i would steer clear of a pedal commander or sprintbox, that's a quick way to bypass a safety system (the ECM's control of the throttle body).  if you want better response, be safe and get a tune

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those look better than I expected. I might order some in Red with Black ST lettering.

How hard was the install, and obviously it still brakes the same with them on correct?

How close are they to the inside of the rim when they are on? 

Thanks!

Edited by Rimcrim