Hi guys, Italy here!

papinist

A big hello to all the participants in this forum!

I'm a soon-to-be owner of a beautiful white 2017 Ford Edge Sport - I just signed the contract this morning and in a week I should have it in my garage :)

Since I live in Italy mine is the _Euro_ version, that ha s some major difference from US Edge. The main difference is the engine: across the entire Europe the Edge is equipped with a 2.0L diesel engine, with two power level, 180 and 210 hp. 180 are very rare and about all the Edge around here are the 210 hp model.

I previously had a 2015 Mustang that I sold about three months ago.. it was a sad selling but it was time to change, and I already was in love with the Edge!

I hope to contribute to this forum as I did previously on mustang6g forum (Hi guys!), and will for sure get all the info you guys already layed down here.

Ciao!

Stefano

• Like 2

i stopped by a ford dealer in barcelona a few years ago to check out the euro-edge. i liked many of the features like fog lights and the stainless strip across the sill under the back lift gate. ours are cheapo plastic. i also liked the placement of the LED "signature lights" around the headlamp assembly much better than down on the bumper that we have here.

be sure to post some pics when you get it. i'd also like to know what reaction you get when driving it. i think it's still pretty rare in europe, no?

2 hours ago, ben senise said:

i stopped by a ford dealer in barcelona a few years ago to check out the euro-edge. i liked many of the features like fog lights and the stainless strip across the sill under the back lift gate. ours are cheapo plastic. i also liked the placement of the LED "signature lights" around the headlamp assembly much better than down on the bumper that we have here.

be sure to post some pics when you get it. i'd also like to know what reaction you get when driving it. i think it's still pretty rare in europe, no?

I agree with you. The LED signature lights elevate the edge to another level. Some would say if you want the LED signature lights you should buy a Lincoln.  That's neither here nor there.  They should be an optional. 

Yes, here the Edge is a "premium" SUV and is something rare... The 2015+ gen is the first that Ford give to Europe and I read that they sold about 30,000 units in Europe and 4,000 in Italy (for the model pre-facelift, 2015-2018). 

Not many actually, but price is very high, buying new my Sport would start from 52,000 54,000 eur and if you want it full optional you have to go over 61,000. Here is is considered the larger SUV, like the "full size" category in US, while actually for you is a mid-size SUV :) 

It's the same level here of Nissan Murano, Hyundai Santa Fe and Kia Sorento, all cars rarely seen on the road.

I must admit that even the 'base' sport has many accessories standard, but compared to your market it's still 10-15k dollars higher. Oh, well.

I had a rental Edge Titanium when I visited Canada and New England a couple years ago and I loved it - actually I didn't know about the existence of the Edge before!

There's a significant difference in the cockpit that is almost entirely digital in euro Edge, however I'll make a thread about it so you guys could see all the differences :)

I was searching for a full optional Sport for months, but can't find at a reasonable price, so after three months with my parent's Tucson (really nice car btw) I found this bargain at 27,000 eur. The only optional that I wanted but I don't have are panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control* and blis. 

Stefano

* I will open a new thread about it, I have some idea...

Edited by papinist
price fixed

7 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Welcome, and congrats!  Post pics of your Mustang, and Edge :)  27K Euros is  a pretty nice price!

I'll do! I have posted a ton of pics about the mustang but checking now and they have all broken links.. oh well.

The Mustang have many differences between Eu and US, too. In that case I was very upset about this, because I bought a car that means "America" all over the world, and I want it to be exactly as americans have it. So I replaced fog lights, front and rear lights, tribars, side markers, and even the dash trim. The only difference you could find were the side mirrors, bulky jumbo mirrors compared to the sleek and tiny original ones.

However regarding the Edge, for me it still means "America" but not as the Mustang did, so if the differences are nice, I'm not worried ?

Thank you for the greeting Paul! What's the BAMR, the panoramic sunroof?

As you may (not) know, here there's no windows sticker on cars so you have to rely on what the dealer told you. In this case, remembering the good ol' days on the mustang forum, I did some research for windows sticker and ford etis features list, and I found that my Edge has Adaptive LED lights! Looking at the headlights when I was at the dealer I had a clue that they could be the adaptive leds, but the dealer did not mention them among optional provided. I am not an expert - very few Edge around here) - so I didn't ask.

But the windows sticker is among any doubt :)

Edge_windowsticker.jpg

Ford ETIS EN.pdf

Edited by papinist